Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What are you listening to? v2.0
Muddy Waters - Got My Mojo Working
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Because of the lockdown, I got the bright idea to turn one of my old cell phones into an MP3 player and then started converting cassettes and albums to listen to on it. My favorites are Collective Soul, Nightwish, Steve Winwood and various Led Zeppelin/Robert Plant, even his countrified newer stuff.
Reply/Quote
The Doors - Been Down So Long
Reply/Quote
Fleetwood Mac - Black Magic Woman

in honor of the late great Peter Green!!
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 11:40 AM)magikod Wrote: Fleetwood Mac - Black Magic Woman

in honor of the late great Peter Green!!

Saw that he passed today, and have had Oh Well in my head ever since...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Rush - Fly By Night

It's tough to say it's my favorite album of theirs, but it's one I gravitate towards a LOT because I love all of the songs, start to finish.

One of my regrets in life is never taking the opportunity to see Rush in person. I had several chances over the years but just never made it a priority. It's so easy to say "next tour!" and then suddenly realize you ran out of time. Definitely the case for me with Rush and the opportunity to see the great Professor in person!
Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/OCaGK7q9T3o

Eagles. New Kid In Town
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 08:35 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Rush - Fly By Night

It's tough to say it's my favorite album of theirs, but it's one I gravitate towards a LOT because I love all of the songs, start to finish.  

One of my regrets in life is never taking the opportunity to see Rush in person.  I had several chances over the years but just never made it a priority.  It's so easy to say "next tour!" and then suddenly realize you ran out of time.  Definitely the case for me with Rush and the opportunity to see the great Professor in person!

You sir have good taste.  RUSH is my favorite group.  Moving Pictures is my personal favorite, but I have them all.  Rock On
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 11:15 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You sir have good taste.  RUSH is my favorite group.  Moving Pictures is my personal favorite, but I have them all.  Rock On

Love Rush Tiger Teeth, no surprise they are your favorite group. You always have good taste man.

BTW, had my Mormon Aunt and Uncle over about a month ago and was surprised when her favorite band was Rush and she 
watched multiple concerts of theirs and adored Peart who in my opinion is the greatest drummer of all time. I have a lot of 
Mormons in my family being from where I am so it was cool hearing that from my aunt.

I am not Mormon BTW, just saying it is cool seeing some of them know how to ROCK! Rock On
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 10:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love Rush Tiger Teeth, no surprise they are your favorite group. You always have good taste man.

BTW, had my Mormon Aunt and Uncle over about a month ago and was surprised when her favorite band was Rush and she 
watched multiple concerts of theirs and adored Peart who in my opinion is the greatest drummer of all time. I have a lot of 
Mormons in my family being from where I am so it was cool hearing that from my aunt.

I am not Mormon BTW, just saying it is cool seeing some of them know how to ROCK! Rock On

Cool Aunt.  And there's no doubt Peart is the all time best drummer.   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 08:35 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Rush - Fly By Night

One of my regrets in life is never taking the opportunity to see Rush in person.  I had several chances over the years but just never made it a priority.  It's so easy to say "next tour!" and then suddenly realize you ran out of time.  Definitely the case for me with Rush and the opportunity to see the great Professor in person!

Saw them at Riverfront Coliseum in '84. Unfortunately, i missed part of the concert because i had a basketball game that night. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2020, 10:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Saw them at Riverfront Coliseum in '84. Unfortunately, i missed part of the concert because i had a basketball game that night. 

Way to rub it in!  Smack
Reply/Quote
My favorite Rush album is Permanent Waves. One album that I didnt get into when I was younger, was Signals. Now, I absolutely love it. 2112 is a masterpiece too. Those are my three faves from them.
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2020, 11:35 PM)jmccracky Wrote: My favorite Rush album is Permanent Waves. One album that I didnt get into when I was younger, was Signals. Now, I absolutely love it. 2112 is a masterpiece too. Those are my three faves from them.

I wore out 2112 when I was in high school.  Same for Exit Stage Left.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 11:12 AM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: I remember this thread was on the old board and it was pretty popular, so I'll see if it can be resurrected here.

Black Sabbath - Master of Reality album.

give "Lord of this World" and "Into the Void" a listen if you enjoy hard hitting rock.  They are the only heavy metal band I actually like.

agreed, Im also an avid fan of Iron Maiden (Number of Beast, Killers and Piece of Mind era)
I do also really like the 2 Sabbath albums with Dio (Heaven and and Hell and Mob Rules)
Old Judas priest too ....its all great stuff to this day.  Rock on! Rock On   
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2020, 11:35 PM)jmccracky Wrote: My favorite Rush album is Permanent Waves. One album that I didnt get into when I was younger, was Signals. Now, I absolutely love it. 2112 is a masterpiece too. Those are my three faves from them.
Old Rush is awsome stuff...I wish we could find a Coach as good as Neil Peart (RIP)  was a drummer
I think Signals is my fave
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 02:26 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits

Great stuff. Knopfler is one of the best guitarists of all time.

This also might be my favorite song by Dire Straits.

Hard to say though, they have tons of great songs and Knopfler's solo albums are also great.

BTW, took me years to see that Knopfler did the music for The Princess Bride movie.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 04:35 PM)kalibengal Wrote: agreed, Im also an avid fan of Iron Maiden (Number of Beast, Killers and Piece of Mind era)
I do also really like the 2 Sabbath albums with Dio (Heaven and and Hell and Mob Rules)
Old Judas priest too ....its all great stuff to this day.  Rock on! Rock On   

Reminds me of the movie Heavy Metal.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 12:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Reminds me of the movie Heavy Metal.

Not sure if you're a fan of South Park, but their take on that movie was pretty damn hilarious.

Reply/Quote