Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you looking for in the Skins game?
Better running game Mixon will fix this issue I am hoping the guy is a badazz.

Better defense.

Better special teams coach [simmons] needs to get these returners heads in the game. We really do need a backup for Alex Erickson if he goes down to injury and we send out guys that can't catch a ball it will be really bad in games that count. Work out that problem in preseason.

Getting our rookie QB's reps we know what we got in Driskell let's find out what the rookies got.

A bigger sample size of the number 1 offense these guys needs reps as well to polish up a little bit they did score last week but it could of looked better.

Like to see the QB hold the ball and push it down the field a little more test these Oline guys pass blocking to see who can hold up. If we just dump the ball off asap then we are just putting a bandaid on the problem. We need to not rush the pass out of QB hands so fast to see how the Oline holds up.
Reply/Quote
1. Little/no penalties especially on offensive side of ball

2. Jordan at LG—how will he look with the 1s

3. Defense—any improvement would be nice. They have set the bar low.

4. Finley— carry over the work from 1st game. Would be nice if we can have a serviceable backup and Driskell is not the guy.
Reply/Quote
Defense...tackling
Offense...blocking
Tate...getting more chances with the 1s

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 09:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't ever want to see Phillips back there fielding punts again....

That's what preseason is for...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I want to watch our fanbase complain about how we didn't draft Haskins when he tears up our crappy defense.
Reply/Quote
Long drives of 12-15 plays to see the offense grinding and executing.

On defense, I want to see if the front seven can defend the run.

And no injuries!
Reply/Quote
Is anyone heading to the Redskins game? I realize it is a preseason game... But I probably won't make a regular season trip to Cincinnati this year. And I don't have many other options to catch a game (traveling to Asia).

I could do Pittsburgh but I hate the aggression at Heinz Field (I am not fighting with drunk fans). And the Ravens are my go to when I can't make it to Cincinnati.

Is anyone going? Is it even worth it watching a preseason game for $30?
Reply/Quote
Jordan to stake a claim and help solve a long-term problem.
Reply/Quote
A better showing from our defense.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
For the most part on both sides of the ball they looked out of sync, tentative, unsure of themselves. So just for that to get better, hopefully a lot better.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 07:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Personally:

See if Pratt moves forward

Maybe Ross taking a snap or 2

Finley getting more PT than Driskel

Who we trot out as the starting oline

1.) No injuries (feel like I have to say it)

2.) More rushing attempts (and a nice YPC to go along with it)

3.) More aggressive on defense
Reply/Quote
Redskins offense is in disarray according to Peterson with no Williams at LT and a rookie QB. If defense can't dominate this game, I will have major concerns on defense. No wait, I already have those concerns so they would be verified as legit.

Run game needs to improve
Like to see WR's step up not named Boyd, the more the better.
I would like starters to on offense and defense to play a minimum of one quarter and some of them a half.
Hopefully we see all of the starters this week doe at least 2 series that did not play last week on both offense and defense

I am interested to see how Finley does against the 2nd team of Washington. Last week he saw 3rd and 4th string.

I want to see Pratt makes some play and a LB or 2 or 3 step up and play well
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Interested to see how much Price farts and shits all over the field.

Our wind-up robots aka the LB corp should be entertaining whilst bumping into things randomly.

I want to see Dalton underthrow two (2) passes so I can determine the board's threshhold for when it's okay to gripe about him. (This may be an ongoing effort throughout the season).

Excited to see Ross out there, enjoying his third rookie season from the sidelines.

Hoping to see ZT so angry his head actually pops off.

Also interested to see the Capt. Lou to Terrible Third & Teryl metamorphosis continue. Specifically, let's test the dynamics of how "soft" a soft zone can be.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Improvement: I want to see tangible evidence on the field that our new coaching staff sees the mistakes and can correct them from week to week.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 07:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Personally:

See if Pratt moves forward

Maybe Ross taking a snap or 2

Finley getting more PT than Driskel

Who we trot out as the starting oline

I'd like to see Ross in at least Preseason Game 3 if not this one.
And I'd REALLY like to see him used (more) in short and intermediate routes (15 yards or less).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
No injuries.

How the run game looks with Mixon and Gio in the backfield.

Better tackling/ST's play.

Less cushion from the DB's.

MJ with the 1's at LG.

Haskins to look so bad that the OSU homers don't dare drag his name up when he's available in a few years.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see some drive blocking in the run game, quick feet with hands rapidly resetting in pass blocking, solid form tackling on defense. Also, some signs of life from the pass rush, maybe and interception or two, and some competent execution on special teams would be nice, as well..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Better run blocking and just like ZT said the defense to play aggressively not tentatively.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 07:16 PM)Synric Wrote: Better tackling and a better run game.

This and at least average tight end coverage.  Seems tight ends have been killing us for years and it hasn't been addressed.
Reply/Quote
more Tackling... changes in Depth
Reply/Quote