Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you looking for in the Skins game?
For everyone typing "no injuries", you're actually jinxing it. No one wants injures so when you keep typing it, you're going to make it happen.  Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 12:19 AM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Is anyone heading to the Redskins game? I realize it is a preseason game... But I probably won't make a regular season trip to Cincinnati this year. And I don't have many other options to catch a game (traveling to Asia).

I could do Pittsburgh but I hate the aggression at Heinz Field (I am not fighting with drunk fans). And the Ravens are my go to when I can't make it to Cincinnati.

Is anyone going? Is it even worth it watching a preseason game for $30?

There is no way in hell I'd pay $30 for a preseason game outside of a season ticket package.

I'd have to think you could easily pick up some from scalpers for way under that, especially right before the game.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 12:19 AM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Is anyone heading to the Redskins game? I realize it is a preseason game... But I probably won't make a regular season trip to Cincinnati this year. And I don't have many other options to catch a game (traveling to Asia).

I could do Pittsburgh but I hate the aggression at Heinz Field (I am not fighting with drunk fans). And the Ravens are my go to when I can't make it to Cincinnati.

Is anyone going? Is it even worth it watching a preseason game for $30?

if its the only game youll get to go to all year... and want to take kids or someone not super into football..  it be a good time with good weather.

but if you want to watch the starters play you maybe get 1 QTR of that action. and then backups. (which can be super sloppy or super exciting)
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 08:44 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: A better showing from our defense.

This.....

(08-14-2019, 12:15 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Improvement: I want to see tangible evidence on the field that our new coaching staff sees the mistakes and can correct them from week to week.

.....and this.

From my view, it looked like the staff wanted a quick look at our starters, then kinda threw the kitchen sink in there to get a good look at their depth. I applaud that, cause our depth has SUCKED the last few years. See what you have, and make moves accordingly. Like you, I want to see if the staff can correct mistakes with these guys.

Also, as someone else noted, I'd LOVE to see Jordan take that LG position and make it his.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 07:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: This.....

.....and this.

From my view, it looked like the staff wanted a quick look at our starters, then kinda threw the kitchen sink in there to get a good look at their depth. I applaud that, cause our depth has SUCKED the last few years. See what you have, and make moves accordingly. Like you, I want to see if the staff can correct mistakes with these guys.

Also, as someone else noted, I'd LOVE to see Jordan take that LG position and make it his.

Yes!  What a pleasant surprise it would be to see a mid-round rookie prospect step up and secure a position of vital importance for possibly the next 10 years or so?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'd say he's got a better than average shot at it, Jordan that is.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 07:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes!  What a pleasant surprise it would be to see a mid-round rookie prospect step up and secure a position of vital importance for possibly the next 10 years or so?

Man, you know it. If he could knock that down, Price gets in a groove, and Jonah is the real deal, you've turned a weakness into a strength with a little work to do on the right. Be looking damn good moving forward.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Energy.

That’s what I want to see. Against Kansas City I saw Cincinnati play tentatively and slowly.
Reply/Quote
Did someone say skins game?

[Image: 1dfm56.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 07:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Personally:

See if Pratt moves forward

Maybe Ross taking a snap or 2

Finley getting more PT than Driskel

Who we trot out as the starting oline

More Starters for all 1st Quarter as they stretch them out for regular season. 

Then Starters for all 1st Half next week as they stretch them out more

Then almost no starters last preseason game.

So the first quarter, and rest of game is just preseason training camp garbage. I doubt I watch after 1st quarter. The preseason games and Cincy announcers are football at it's worst.  They will have Tobin in announcers booth at some point, as they don't cover the play by play, and that is a real channel changer.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Just got around to watching the kc game (1st series).
Dalton looked good to me. WR could have helped out on the underthrown ball. Want to see Dalton keep building chemistry with Receivers.
And tackling, dammit!
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
To be honest I will probably be looking more forward to seeing how Haskins does more then watching the Bengals.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote