Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you looking forward to the Most this Football Season?
As I just moved to Arizona, looking forward to going to the Cardinals and Bengals game. Will be my first professional sporting event ever.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 03:26 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: As I just moved to Arizona, looking forward to going to the Cardinals and Bengals game. Will be my first professional sporting event ever.

probly traveling to AZ for work soonish.... just for a couple days though

Which is better the humidity or the dry heat?
Reply/Quote
More of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M40Oysdsu_M

Reply/Quote
Personally I'm looking forward to what this defense can do with some pressure. Last year's team did pretty well for a team that was last in the league in sacks. MJ and Atkins should be able to put a lot more heat on opposing QBs.

Oh, and the Buffalo game. I hope that they stomp Rex Ryan's team into oblivion!
Reply/Quote
I'll just be happy to have football back. Baseball is way too long and slow for me. If I actually watch basketball, then it'll be a college game and I'll put it on in the background while I do some work around the house. I like hockey, but I only care about my team and they're barely on tv, so I really don't watch it.

For me, it's all about football.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 04:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: probly traveling to AZ for work soonish.... just for a couple days though

Which is better the humidity or the dry heat?

Never been in humid heat. I'm from Alaska. Only gets like low 80s at most there so not reall hot. All I know is that it's pretty hot here, mid 90s. People are telling me that it hasn't even got hot yet. Apparently July and August will be in 100s every day.
Reply/Quote
Attitude, thats the biggest thing I want to see from this team. I really believe if we would come out aggressive and play mean it would make all the difference in the world.
[Image: 52393749789596023645410.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm looking forward to this team coming out, sitting all the excuses aside, and cowboy up, gut it up and get it done !

I'm tired of we'll get em next year.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 02:01 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote:  I have little confidence in them to get where I want them and I find many things surrounding them to be incredibly boring and stale.  ie Coaching staff, QB, lack of new contributors, different mentality or approach, heck even the uniforms.  It just kind of a boring product for me.

Yeah, the coaching staff gets stale when all you do is replace both the offensive and defensive coordinators.

And I am tired of all the same old contributors like Jeremy Hill, Giovani Bernard, Tyler Eifert, and Marvin Jones.  We shouldn't keep the same guys around that long.

And who can root for a team that doesn't change its uniform every two or three years.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 12:15 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Watching Jeremy Hill.

That guy is the most exciting player we've had since Chad Johnson.

I think he'll have more success than Chad did.  Chad's only problem was himself.
Reply/Quote
Seeing bengals get a playoff win. That's first step,everything should fall into place.
Watching and seeing what a 5th year Dalton can do.hoping he plays better and gets playoff monkey off his back. Just to shut the talking heads up.
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 09:46 AM)Wyche Wrote: Watching my little girls cheer "Who Dey" over and over.....they've already started.... Smirk

Must be nice?!?! Lol! My wife, let alone my daughter aren't football fans.  :angry:
All I hear how much longer. 15 minutes, is that sports minutes or real minutes. I envy you guys with football living women and daughters.  Tongue
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 09:23 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Must be nice?!?! Lol! My wife, let alone my daughter aren't football fans.  :angry:
All I hear how much longer. 15 minutes, is that sports minutes or real minutes. I envy you guys with football living women and daughters.  Tongue

LOL.....the wife isn't much of a fan, but she doesn't complain.....the girls, however, are another story.  I bought the oldest a Bengals cheerleader outfit when she was two.....at four, she still tries to wear it  Smirk  ......what really got them interested was taking them tailgating to the EKU games and on into the games.  Eastern even sets up bounce houses in the endzones.....they play a little, watch a little, and some of my best friends from college and as far back as elementary school live here and go to the games with their kids.  Gotta get 'em started early.  They don't know the cheer verbatim, but they know how to repeat "Who Dey, Who Dey, Who Dey" over and over....  LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 08:20 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Never been in humid heat. I'm from Alaska. Only gets like low 80s at most there so not reall hot. All I know is that it's pretty hot here, mid 90s. People are telling me that it hasn't even got hot yet. Apparently July and August will be in 100s every day.

I've been to Phoenix and Tuscon during the summer numerous times, and it's always around 112 degrees. You don't even realize you're sweating because it dries up so fast.

(06-10-2015, 09:23 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Must be nice?!?! Lol! My wife, let alone my daughter aren't football fans.  :angry:

I'm fortunate enough to have a wife that loves football. She's a Lions fan though (does that count?).

The few occasions that the Bengals and Lions have squared off have been pretty entertaining though. After Nuge hit the game winner in 2013, I was taunting her with "it's good!" for days. LOL

Sometimes I'd just look at her and throw my arms up like this:

[Image: 19-referee-man-score-field-goal.jpg]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 07:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've been to Phoenix and Tuscon during the summer numerous times, and it's always around 112 degrees. You don't even realize you're sweating because it dries up so fast.

I'm fortunate enough to have a wife that loves football. She's a Lions fan though (does that count?).

The few occasions that the Bengals and Lions have squared off have been pretty entertaining though. After Nuge hit the game winner in 2013, I was taunting her with "it's good!" for days. LOL

My wife doesn't love football but she knows, whenever a Bengals game is on there's one place i'll be...in front of the TV watching it no matter what, no questions asked.

She has her Real Housewives and i have football. 

Everybody happy.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 04:05 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, the coaching staff gets stale when all you do is replace both the offensive and defensive coordinators.

And I am tired of all the same old contributors like Jeremy Hill, Giovani Bernard, Tyler Eifert, and Marvin Jones.  We shouldn't keep the same guys around that long.

And who can root for a team that doesn't change its uniform every two or three years.

Same coordinators as last year, no?  Not to mention, both spent numerous years with the team prior to their promotion.  My point is that the staff, as whole, is pretty much the same.  And no coach is more important than the head coach, he is the face of the team and certainly the staff.  That has remained the same for 13 seasons.

I said "new" contributors did I not?  Last I checked Gio is going into his 3rd season, so is Eifert.  Hill is going into his 2nd.  Jones is now entering his 4th season.  Sure, they're newer players.  And I am excited to see how they develop.  But I did mean "new" as in "now that we have (insert FA here) this team is going to be totally different."

I don't want new uniforms every two years.  I'm not even demanding new ones now.  And last I checked ours have remained the same far longer than that, so I'm not sure why you chose that amount of time.

My point was that the product as a whole, for me, has become stale.  On their own, I cannot and would not, identify any of these things listed above as an automatic reason to feel this way.  But when you add them all up, collectively, I think having the same coaching staff, with the same basic approach, with the same core group of players, with the same uniforms, etc, etc, etc. that makes for a boring product.  Unless of course you're succeeding with this approach.  Sure, if you're the Patriots keep Belichick around.  Winning rings isn't boring.  Marvin Lewis though?  Kind of stale by now.

If you want to disagree that's fine.  But don't act like I'm completely unreasonable in voicing an opinion that I'm sure many share.  It's hard for some of us to get terribly excited by the business as usual approach we continue to see.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 07:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: My wife doesn't love football but she knows, whenever a Bengals game is on there's one place i'll be...in front of the TV watching it no matter what, no questions asked.

She has her Real Housewives and i have football. 

Everybody happy.

My ex didn't care for football, or any sport for that matter.  Should've been a red flag for me right then and there.

My wife sounds like yours.  She isn't a fan, but she tolerates it.  All day on Sunday, Monday night, and on Thursday nights, she'll let me be.  She'll even settle in a nd watch for a bit.  She's been to the occasional game when I had a late cancellation.  Not as good as if she were a fan, but certainly better than if she despised it. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 10:31 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: My ex didn't care for football, or any sport for that matter.  Should've been a red flag for me right then and there.

My wife sounds like yours.  She isn't a fan, but she tolerates it.  All day on Sunday, Monday night, and on Thursday nights, she'll let me be.  She'll even settle in a nd watch for a bit.  She's been to the occasional game when I had a late cancellation.  Not as good as if she were a fan, but certainly better than if she despised it. 

My wife doesn't care for football but she looooooooves college basketball. If there's a UK game on, we're somewhere enjoying some good food and drinks (more often than not with friends) watching the game.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
following the Bengals with my son and beating up on my buddies in fantasy football. They named my team for me last year the Fantasy Guru. They will joke during our live draft that I know all the receivers and running backs 40 times. This is not true, but they get a kick out of it. We have one guy that is a die hard Peyton fan and he left the draft last year. He had the number 2 pick and the guy at 1 took Peyton just to be an arse. It was funny. Football is just so much more fun to follow than the other sports.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 07:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm fortunate enough to have a wife that loves football. She's a Lions fan though (does that count?).

Same here when it comes to a football loving wife. Mine is a big Seahawks fan. She got more into football when I met her roughly 10 years ago. We've only had two rough weeks since that's how many times our teams have played each other since we've met.

Can't wait for this season's matchup.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote