Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you watching on TV?
Haven't been watching much TV lately. Maybe a few re-runs of Raising Hope when I get really bored.

Archer & American Dad are really the only 2 shows I'm interested in much anymore.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 01:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: probly will get into 12 Monkeys or Try as i enjoyed the orignal movie and concept

IMO, not just one of the best new shows this year but one of the best shows on tv, period.  It's what all the post-apocalypse dramas want to be but don't come close to (and that include TWD).
Reply/Quote
2nd season of The Strain should be starting soon....It really grew on me, it's a new and refreshing take on the Dracula drama.
Reply/Quote
When does "Fear the Walking Dead "premiere?
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 12:17 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: When does "Fear the Walking Dead "premiere?

August. No exact date yet.

http://uproxx.com/tv/2015/06/fear-the-walking-dead-premiere/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 08:34 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I was watching Bates Motel, but it's lost some steam.  I've been watching Daredevil on Netflix if that counts.

(06-05-2015, 11:48 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I agree.  Still good just not as good.

The acting is pretty top notch though. Vera Farmiga(Norma)and Freddie Highmore(Norman)were perfectly casted.

The thing that surprised me from the beginning, is that is just wasn't about Norman and some cheap Psycho rehash.

If you haven't watched it people...  you're missing out!

Agreed.

First season was great, second was ok, third I started the first episode and haven't gotten back to. But the cast is great. I think they were just trying to make it too main stream. 
Reply/Quote
Video 
Best show you've never heard of: Rectify

First two seasons are on Netflix. It is a very slow paced series, but if you invest the time it is really a good experience. Not in a "big spectacle" action sort of way. More of in a Forrest Gump sort of way.

Season 3 is coming to Sundance. Here's the trailer, though it really won't tell you much about the show. If anything, it makes the show look more exciting than it is:

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 12:16 AM)Benton Wrote: I wanted to get into SHIELD and Gotham... but I just couldn't. Both moved so slow.

I don't know how far you got into Gotham, but it definitely picked up.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 07:49 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: IMO, not just one of the best new shows this year but one of the best shows on tv, period.  It's what all the post-apocalypse dramas want to be but don't come close to (and that include TWD).

thanks ill definately check it out then... I get weary of watching new shows cause the ones i tend to like get cancelled..

Like Stargate universe.

Defiance is back on this friday...
Reply/Quote
I watch the super old rerun channel: All in the Family, Newhart, MASH, Batman (from the 1960's), etc. and then the not so old rerun channel (Seinfeld, Family Guy, etc.). And, I don't watch much of either. I do miss HBO just a bit since cutting the cord but really find I am happier the less TV I watch.

However, the other day I fired up Netflix (which I occasionally binge watch) for the first time in forever, and it actually had a good recommendation. (Weird as I am, it has a hard time recommending shit.) I had watched several "30 for 30" and it recommended one called, "I Still Hate Christian Laettner." Wildcats Forever would probably love it, and it must be newer because someone told me they just saw it for first time too. Anyway, I remember the 1992 game when he made "the shot" against Kentucky as one of the best games I have ever watched, and though a Kentuckian I did not then nor do I now hate Laettner. In fact, just to make it interesting I kind of half rooted for Duke since my buddy was a UK grad, but I really didn't care who won. Anyhow, the 30 for 30's tend to be interesting and this one was one of the best ones I have seen.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 07:49 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: IMO, not just one of the best new shows this year but one of the best shows on tv, period.  It's what all the post-apocalypse dramas want to be but don't come close to (and that include TWD).

Yeah, I like 12 Monkeys too. Very well acted.

If I had money to just throw around, I'd try getting Phillips Hue lighting for it. You don't happen to have that, do you?

Reply/Quote
Currently watching the Cavaliers pregame show lol.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 12:16 AM)Benton Wrote: I wanted to get into SHIELD and Gotham... but I just couldn't. Both moved so slow.
(06-09-2015, 04:24 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I don't know how far you got into Gotham, but it definitely picked up.
As did SHIELD, particularly after the tie in with Captain America: Winter Soldier.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 05:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: thanks ill definately check it out then...  I get weary of watching new shows cause the ones i tend to like get cancelled..

It's already been picked-up for Season 2.  I'm not sure the rating are really there yet, but a lot of critics are calling it the best sci-fi show in over 10 years, so I think ScyFy will stick with it a while.

I think it could be one of those shows that explodes on Netflix after a season or two.  I'm actually planning to watch it again at some point - it's that good and that crazy that viewing again will probably answer some questions while raising all kinds of new ones.

But if you try too hard to figure out timelines and causality your head will explode.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 09:04 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So what's good on TV right now?

I know we all are watching TWD when it is on and Game of Thrones. Anything else?

Currently the only other shows I am watching is Hell's Kitchen (don't judge) and Orphan Black.

I just got into Orphan Black after my wife binge watched it. BBC American show about these clones and them discovering what they are. One actress plays 4 main characters. Pretty good. Amazon Prime has all 3 seasons if you have Amazon Prime.

Orphan Black is on my "to watch" list.  I love British shows.  The British kick the crap out of American actors.  Probably because Hollywood doesn't appear to look for new talent.  They just use the kids or friends of established stars or former stars. (Or they find talented British actors who can do American accents).  But I digress.  I'm watching another British show on video, Call the Midwife.  And I of course watched Downton Abbey.  There's another UK produced show called Fortitude about a town called Forttude in the Arctic.  It's really good as well.  
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 09:35 PM)34inXXIII Wrote: As did SHIELD, particularly after the tie in with Captain America: Winter Soldier.

I've got SHIELD S2 on my DVR. I still need to watch the first one on Netflix. I did enjoy the Agent Carter spinoff from this year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote