Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your wins and losses predictions for our tough first six games?
1...SEP 11...1:00PM AT JETS W

2...SEP 18...1:00PM AT STEELERS W
3...SEP 25...1:00PM BRONCOS W
4...SEP 29...8:25PM DOLPHINS W
5...OCT 9....4:25PM AT COWBOYS W
6...OCT 16..1:00PM AT PATRIOTS W

Bengals are the best team in the AFC

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2016, 03:50 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: 1...SEP 11...1:00PM AT JETS W I think the drama and hype around Fitz is messing with the team.  Either he signs is unhappy, or he holds out and is unhappy, or they fold but the pressure, as well as missing time, gets to him, and we just come in and get after him.
2...SEP 18...1:00PM AT STEELERS W No Le'Veon Bell and we go in there hyped up and pissed off about the playoff debacle and just stomp on them.  Not to mention that Dalton makes his presence known and has his "coming out party," ripping their terrible secondary to shreds.
3...SEP 25...1:00PM BRONCOS W  Who's their QB?  Home opener in The Jungle after starting 2-0 and everyone is just hyped-up with the crowd going insane and we stomp them.
4...SEP 29...8:25PM DOLPHINS W But we need to be careful of a letdown.  I just don't think Tannehill will be able to beat us.
5...OCT 9....4:25PM AT COWBOYS L Tricky one but that will be a tough place to win with the noise, especially because I think Elliot has a huge year
6...OCT 16..1:00PM AT PATRIOTS L So difficult to beat the Pats in Foxoborough, especially with Tom fresh off suspension.

4-2 but definitely the possibility to start 6-0  ThumbsUp

Yeah, seems like a lot of people in this thread are writing this game off as a victory already. They forget the fact that both Romo and Bryant were hurt last year. Imagine the Bengals without Dalton AND Green for most of a year.

Romo: 69.9% completion, 8.5 YPA, 34 TD/9 INT, 113.2 QB Rating
Bryant: 88 catches/1,320 yards/16 TDs

With Romo and Bryant back, and adding Elliott at RB, that is going to be a scary offense. Not to mention Witten is like 34 and still putting up 700+ yard seasons somehow. Add that together with a road game. Pretty darn tough.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
They are coming out of there no worse than 4-2.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I need about three months to think about this before I can come up with an answer, but during the Dalton/Green era we have always done better than I expected.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2016, 06:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, seems like a lot of people in this thread are writing this game off as a victory already. They forget the fact that both Romo and Bryant were hurt last year. Imagine the Bengals without Dalton AND Green for most of a year.

With Romo and Bryant back, and adding Elliott at RB, that is going to be a scary offense. Not to mention Witten is like 34 and still putting up 700+ yard seasons somehow. Add that together with a road game. Pretty darn tough.

Yep, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see the cowboys be a serious contender this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2016, 06:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, seems like a lot of people in this thread are writing this game off as a victory already. They forget the fact that both Romo and Bryant were hurt last year. Imagine the Bengals without Dalton AND Green for most of a year.

The Cowboys are a joke i dont care what the stats say they will find a way to screw it up

You dont go from 4-12 to a "serious contender" because of 1 "good" draft pick and a heathly player
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2016, 01:19 PM)Gohards Wrote: Ive noticed, alot of people on these forums are marking the NE game as a loss. I have high hopes about the game. Tom brady will be 39 years old this season. We are an elite AFC team just like the Pats!

(07-24-2016, 09:09 PM)Gohards Wrote: The Cowboys are a joke i dont care what the stats say they will find a way to screw it up

Pats: 2014 SB Winners, 5 straight first round byes, 5 straight AFC Championship appearances or better.
Bengals: Longest playoff drought, 5 straight playoff wildcard round losses.

Just found the irony funny. At least the Cowboys won a playoff game in 2014.  Not to mention they have won 3 SB since the Bengals last won a playoff game.

A lack of introspection is the first step in becoming like a Steelers fan. Ninja

Reply/Quote

Even if Elliot is suspended for hitting his girlfriend, I assume he'll be able to play against us and, like you said, Romo and Bryant, although Romo is 36, so how long will he keep producing and will he be able to take Geno slamming him into the ground?

Everything about that game makes me nervous.
Reply/Quote

Imagine if Romo and Bryant could be doing what Dalton and Green have done together since coming into the NFL.  Since 2010 when Bryant came into the league, Romo is 40-33 with one playoff appearance.  So maybe they are putting up some stats but they are not getting to the playoffs and win department compared to Dalton and Green. 

I'm thinking 4-2, most confident with wins against Dallas and Miami, least confident with wins against Pittsburgh and New England
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2016, 10:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Imagine if Romo and Bryant could be doing what Dalton and Green have done together since coming into the NFL.  Since 2010 when Bryant came into the league, Romo is 40-33 with one playoff appearance.  So maybe they are putting up some stats but they are not getting to the playoffs and win department compared to Dalton and Green. 

I'm thinking 4-2, most confident with wins against Dallas and Miami, least confident with wins against Pittsburgh and New England

Imagine if Dalton and Green could be doing what Romo and Bryant have done since 2011, namely win at least one playoff game. Not sure where this superiority complex over Dallas comes from. Dallas is 1-0 against the Bengals since 2011, and have won a playoff game.

I'm just saying Romo/Bryant/Elliott/That OL is going to be fearsome to go up against in 2016.

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2016, 09:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Pats: 2014 SB Winners, 5 straight first round byes, 5 straight AFC Championship appearances or better.
Bengals: Longest playoff drought, 5 straight playoff wildcard round losses.

Just found the irony funny. At least the Cowboys won a playoff game in 2014.  Not to mention they have won 3 SB since the Bengals last won a playoff game.

A lack of introspection is the first step in becoming like a Steelers fan. Ninja
And are we playing a playoff game or superbowl against the pats or cowboys? No They are regular season games. We have the talent to beat any team in the nfl on any given sunday. The cowboys went 4-12 last year dude. We went 12-4.
Reply/Quote

Romo is in the NFC east with some of the worst defenses in the league. He's going to put up good stats just because of that. The Cowboys don't scare me that much. They're going to be an alright team, but they're not going to beat the Bengals. The Cowboys defense isn't even that great, and I think our defense will be able to stop them pretty easily.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2016, 11:39 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Based on what we know now, it is a tough stretch to start the season, no doubt. That said, we will doubtless have a strong defense and an offense with at least a few legit weapons. Will we sweep? Go 0-6? Probably somewhere in between. Here's my prediction:

1...SEP 11...1:00PM AT JETS W
4...SEP 29...8:25PM DOLPHINS L
6...OCT 16..1:00PM AT PATRIOTS L

That's actually my optimistic version. I could see us losing one of those first three games, though I think we're gonna take the Steelers. Everyone on the team has that second game circled on their calendar for sure. I could also see us swapping results with the Jets and Dolphins -- losing the opener but winning the night game.

I could see us losing the first 3 games also.....at New York on 911, and we have never played well in New York and the crowd will be fired up on 911......at Steelers who are laying for us......and World Champ Broncos .....at Dallas, at New England.....Bengals will have to have a great training camp, no major injuries and be ready to play great ball...otherwise a 1-5 start to the season......but being a Bengals Fan since 1968, I say start by beating the Jets and take these one game at a time. ....If the D is playing great and the offense is blocking and running and passing, WHO DEY.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
3-3. Losses to Sqeelers, Broncos and Pats. The Bengals receiving corps lack of playing together along with Eifert probably being out 3 or 4 of the first four games puts them in a bad spot.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2016, 11:57 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: 5-1 or 6-0. The Bengals are going to start out strong and show the league that they're one of the best teams in the league just like last year.

Did you forget that Marvin Lewis is still the head coach? Ninja
Reply/Quote
Maybe they're already making plans to go 0-16 to get the #1 pick in the draft although I highly doubt it.. Sounds like a 90s tactic though..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2016, 02:58 PM)Derrick Wrote: Did you forget that Marvin Lewis is still the head coach? Ninja

We had a harder schedule last year, and our team is arguably better.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2016, 10:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Imagine if Dalton and Green could be doing what Romo and Bryant have done since 2011, namely win at least one playoff game. Not sure where this superiority complex over Dallas comes from. Dallas is 1-0 against the Bengals since 2011, and have won a playoff game.

I'm just saying Romo/Bryant/Elliott/That OL is going to be fearsome to go up against in 2016.

That one win was handed to Dallas on a bullshit UR call on 3rd down.  You know which one it is because you posted a video of it in a thread about how hard Reggie Nelson can hit.  That game was the only loss in the second half of the season in 2012.  The Bengals would have swept the NFC east that year, and they probably will this year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2016, 11:03 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Romo is in the NFC east with some of the worst defenses in the league. He's going to put up good stats just because of that. The Cowboys don't scare me that much. They're going to be an alright team, but they're not going to beat the Bengals. The Cowboys defense isn't even that great, and I think our defense will be able to stop them pretty easily.

Not easily,

But the Bengals offense against the Cowboys D is a more lopsided matchup than the Cowboys O vs the Bengals D.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2016, 05:49 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: 1...SEP 11...1:00PM AT JETS W

4...SEP 29...8:25PM DOLPHINS W
6...OCT 16..1:00PM AT PATRIOTS W

Bengals are the best team in the AFC

Pitt is kind of a stretch..

Winning 100% of the first 3 is a stretch.

You have us beating the Pats too?

Well shit. Now your prediction is just over the top.
Reply/Quote