Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What away game to go to.
I live in New York so I will be going to MetLife on 9/25.
Reply/Quote
Tampa Bay game may be a battle between two 13-0 teams.  That would be kind of interesting to see.

Seriously, though, it would be cool someday to say that you saw Brady live.  I went to games I really did not care a lot about just to see Barry Sanders and Barry Bonds live.  Bonds did not do anything special but I had great seats five rows back down the leftfield line at Coors field when he was playing for the Giants.  So I could hear the back and forth he was having with some hecklers.  This was in the early '90's when he wasn't juiced but had already won 3 MVPs.  He was one of the greatest ever even without steroids.  I am glad I got to see him perform live.

I saw Sanders play the Bears on Thanksgiving '97.  With less than a minute left in the half he had 17 yards on 6 carries.  After that he looked like a Hall-of Famer with 150 yards on 13 carries with 3 tds (40, 25, 15).  The 40 yarders is one you will see in all his highlights. His performance was nominated for an ESPY for best single game performance.  Even though it was not a Bengal game it is one of my greatest sports memories.  

The Tampa Bay game could really have historical significance if Burrow takes down the King on his home field. It might be one you would be proud to say you saw in person.

Plus Florida is a good destination in December.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2022, 02:43 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Last year my wife and i drove to KC for the playoff game and that was so much fun.

It did not hurt that the Bengals won.

Kansas City was a great city to hang out in.
We really enjoyed the city.
The downtown bar areas the night before the game was electric.
The tailgating with KC fans was memorable.
It was also so much fun after the game.

What games do you think people will flock to this year.
I am eying Nashville as my next destination game.

What say you?

Hell yeah - Nice game to pick last year. 

I would like to do New Orleans in Mid October this year.  Never seen a game in the Superdome. 
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2022, 02:43 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Last year my wife and i drove to KC for the playoff game and that was so much fun.

What say you?

Already booked our rooms for Nashville! Went to the playoff game there and it was a blast!!!
Reply/Quote

What say you?

Nashville is a great option.
It's just a 4-4.5 hour drive down to the game from greater Cincy area, so you won't have to pay for the (extra) hotel night if you don't want to.
But if you do stay for the whole weekend, there's plenty to do here.
It's also typically in the 50's in November for Nashville, so super nice football weather.
One final thing - there's actually a good amount of stuff to check out between Louisville and Nashville - Louisville Slugger Museum, Bourbon Trail, Mammoth Caves, Dinosaur World, Kentucky Down Under Adventure Zoo, Corvette Museum, and boating/ziplining inside some caves too.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm going to New Orleans. We don't have game tickets, and probably won't since the cheapest we've found are nosebleeds for over $600.00 a piece. We'll just find a bar somewhere to watch the game, the city should be off the hook with the LSU boys coming back to town....
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 10:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm going to New Orleans. We don't have game tickets, and probably won't since the cheapest we've found are nosebleeds for over $600.00 a piece. We'll just find a bar somewhere to watch the game, the city should be off the hook with the LSU boys coming back to town....

Not a bad idea.
I haven't been to New Orleans since the 2003 Sugar Bowl, so it'd be fun to go back.
Not sure I'd specifically go down there for Bengals weekend though if I wasn't going to the game.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 10:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm going to New Orleans. We don't have game tickets, and probably won't since the cheapest we've found are nosebleeds for over $600.00 a piece. We'll just find a bar somewhere to watch the game, the city should be off the hook with the LSU boys coming back to town....

That's an interesting choice............ never thought about that but I might look into going down!
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 11:45 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Not a bad idea.
I haven't been to New Orleans since the 2003 Sugar Bowl, so it'd be fun to go back.
Not sure I'd specifically go down there for Bengals weekend though if I wasn't going to the game.

I've never been to NO, so that weekend is as good as any....
Reply/Quote
Tampa Bay. Easy flight, nice weather, decent city, and this is probably the last time you are going to get to see the greatest football player of all time ever play.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 12:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I've never been to NO, so that weekend is as good as any....

Yep plenty to do there.
Hopefully you're going longer than the weekend.
You'll need it.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2022, 08:01 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My wife and went  to Dallas AT&T to see the Bearcats play Alabama, So-Fi for the Super Bowl and to Vegas Allegiant stadium also. We went to Allegiant home of the Raiders first. We took 2 hour tours in Dallas and also Las Vegas.

Our take was it was not close. Allegiant stadium was by far the best (one of newest also) from the seating, concessions, restrooms to the ambience. So-Fi was also awesome. Dallas was old and dated and we were not impressed. It is more impressive on TV. The big screen while great on sideline views for levels 3 and above, it is not impressive at all in the end zone as much smaller and just does not pop. Dallas was great when built, but now has been surpassed in a big way by Allegiant and So-Fi stadiums.

As for me, I have a place in Naples, so I am looking at going to TB to watch us beat the G.O.A.T in likely his last season. I was there when we beat him at PBS in the game that ended in a thunderstorm so hopeful I can see us beat him again. It is also only a 2 hour drive for us.

I went to Allegiant and So-Fi last year as well. They were both nice. I thought the logistics of Allegiant were great, but it lacked personality. Great place to watch a game, though. 

So-Fi was just on another level. It's one of the greatest man made structures I've ever been too. Everything just felt premium and high class. The place was unbelievable. 
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 10:13 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Nashville is a great option.
It's just a 4-4.5 hour drive down to the game from greater Cincy area, so you won't have to pay for the (extra) hotel night if you don't want to.
It's also typically in the 50's in November for Nashville, so super nice football weather.
One final thing - there's actually a good amount of stuff to check out between Louisville and Nashville - Louisville Slugger Museum, Bourbon Trail, Mammoth Caves, Dinosaur World, Kentucky Down Under Adventure Zoo, Corvette Museum, and boating/ziplining inside some caves too.

Everything about Nashville is great but that stadium is a literally piece of shit lol 
Reply/Quote
My wife and I have always wanted to go to New Orleans and we thought going down when the Bengals played there but we checked out the price for flights on Allegiant Airlines who flies non stop to NO from Cincy and for those few days around that game the prices were jacked up bigly. And it's too far to drive. So I guess we won't go to that one.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 01:03 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Everything about Nashville is great but that stadium is a literally piece of shit lol 

It's no worse than PBS.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 02:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's no worse than PBS.

From what I remember it is just like PBS.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 10:13 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Nashville is a great option.

Nashville's food is just top notch. In the end, I am glad we moved away from Nashville but man the restaurants are in abundance and fantastic. Fun city. 
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 02:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's no worse than PBS.

I would argue that it is, especially from a logistics standpoint. It took me an hour to use the restroom during halftime of the playoff game. Awful experience.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 12:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep plenty to do there.
Hopefully you're going longer than the weekend.
You'll need it.

Yes, we are driving down and meeting friends and staying a week.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 03:44 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I would argue that it is, especially from a logistics standpoint. It took me an hour to use the restroom during halftime of the playoff game. Awful experience.

Yes I experienced the restroom issue too, but I did not experience that before when I came to the CONCACAF match on July 4, 2019.
I did feel like there were enough restrooms if so many people didn't try to go to them at the same time.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote