Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What can Burrow do differently?
(02-18-2022, 01:57 PM)CincyDog Wrote: Our fans are funny

After a Super Bowl and an elite Qb season by burrow ‘what can he do better’

1-8 years of Andy ‘he is the least of our issues, this team is good enough to win with him’

....there are posts all over saying we made the SB despite our HC... can't critique one guy without another if you're being objective.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He could always try to help Ja'marr keep his job instead of fast food..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 03:04 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....there are posts all over saying we made the SB despite our HC... can't critique one guy without another if you're being objective.

Andy dalton was bad in the majority of his seasons

not even comparable. 
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 03:07 PM)CincyDog Wrote: Andy dalton was bad in the majority of his seasons

not even comparable. 

I wasn't comparing Andy, that was you. I mentioned all of the heat our HC is taking over every play called in the SB...lol. Like I said in my first reply to you, everyone can improve something, it's what the great ones do. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 03:39 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Seventy sacks.  We've all heard it, we've all seen it.  Burrow was hit an obscene number of times this year, and this is the second year in a row that he ended the season with a knee injury.  Something has to change.  

Offensive line depth is a problem, as is offensive line talent in general.  But the line is not responsible for all seventy of these sacks.  Burrow has a part to play in this too.  So ASSUMING the coaches and front office make big moves in the off-season to improve the offensive line talent and build depth, what can Burrow personally improve upon moving forward to drive these sack numbers down even lower?

Bengals could scheme plays to allow Burrow to move intentionally and/or get the ball out quicker.
This might keep Burrow from getting sacked, but it can also lead to fewer yards gained and thus less points scored if the pass catchers can't get first downs frequently enough.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

1-8 years of Andy ‘he is the least of our issues, this team is good enough to win with him’

It's a simple, objective question.  He took a lot of hits, some of which are his own doing.  That's not taking away from the miraculous season he managed to have despite being sacked a record number of times.  If we are going to keep him healthy long-term, he'll need to be a part of the solution in improving the pass protection. I fail to see what about this discussion isn't fair, unless you simply have an issue with the timing of it.

By all means don't participate if you have nothing to contribute.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 03:57 PM)Big Boss Wrote: It's a simple, objective question.  He took a lot of hits, some of which are his own doing.  That's not taking away from the miraculous season he managed to have despite being sacked a record number of times.  If we are going to keep him healthy long-term, he'll need to be a part of the solution in improving the pass protection.  I fail to see what about this discussion isn't fair, unless you simply have an issue with the timing of it.

He was second in the NFL in passer rating and took them to the Super Bowl. 

I see you have nothing to contribute.  I actually commented on something he can improve on.   Dont see you adding anything of merit. 
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 03:57 PM)Big Boss Wrote: It's a simple, objective question.  He took a lot of hits, some of which are his own doing.  That's not taking away from the miraculous season he managed to have despite being sacked a record number of times.  If we are going to keep him healthy long-term, he'll need to be a part of the solution in improving the pass protection.  I fail to see what about this discussion isn't fair, unless you simply have an issue with the timing of it.

Absolute a legitimate question. Let's just go to the SB and tell all players they've peaked and do not to get better. Burrow would be the absolute FIRST person to tell you he needs to get better. Anybody that didn't see him get pissed off at himself on plenty of his sacks this year due to his inability to get rid of the ball or buy more time simply wasn't watching the games.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 04:08 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Absolute a legitimate question. Let's just go to the SB and tell all players they've peaked and do not to get better. Burrow would be the absolute FIRST person to tell you he needs to get better. Anybody that didn't see him get pissed off at himself on plenty of his sacks this year due to his inability to get rid of the ball or buy more time simply wasn't watching the games.

Yet all the homers were exceedingly happy with Dalton for 8 years, LOL

Funny stuff 
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 04:14 PM)CincyDog Wrote: Yet all the homers were exceedingly happy with Dalton for 8 years, LOL

Funny stuff 

You really need to actually watch the games, preferably with someone, as you've really outdone yourself with some very concerning and questionable takes this week.
Reply/Quote

Burrow can obviously improve on some aspects of his game hes only a 2nd year player...

Even the great tom Brady was working to improve aspects of his game after 7 SB rings.....

you seem to be taking this thread personally.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 12:26 PM)Housh Wrote: Zac has admitted in multiple occasions his calls were late.

I forget what game it was but i remember very vividly a game where a burrow had his hands covering his helmet  ear holes waiting for the call and CLEARLY the call was late so he waved off the sideline and called his own play and threw for an easy 1st.

That was probably happening way more than we know.
I cam also remember  multiple times  Burrow at line way too long.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 03:07 PM)CincyDog Wrote: Andy dalton was bad in the majority of his seasons

not even comparable. 

Actually that is incorrect, Dalton was good most of his career with bengals just really never had a great season.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 10:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually that is incorrect, Dalton was good most of his career with bengals just really had a great season.

He was below league average in passer rating and qbr in 5/9 seasons as a
Starter. Sorry
Reply/Quote
He can refuse to play until they get an NFL caliber line, not elite, just NFL level.

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Burrow has not been flawless by any means but he has a boat load of confidence that is very infectious to his teammates. This is a fantastic quality to have in ones leader if he can back it up, and Joe backs it up.

He was not perfect when arriving and still has a ways to go. Yet he really seems to excel at diagnosing his mistakes and correcting them quickly while growing into a great QB. Or maybe just accepting coaching well but either way he steadily gotten better as the year went along.

Joe is the right guy for the Bengals and am expecting it to be so entertaining watching him continue to develop into great QB whilst leading the Bengals.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 01:17 AM)Go Cards Wrote: He was not perfect when arriving and still has a ways to go. Yet he really seems to excel at diagnosing his mistakes and correcting them quickly while growing into a great QB. Or maybe just accepting coaching well but either way he steadily gotten better as the year went along.

You’re right. I’ve seen Joe Burrow make lots of mistakes but I’ve never seen him make the same mistake twice.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 10:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually that is incorrect, Dalton was good most of his career with bengals just really never had a great season.

2015 was a great season
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 03:39 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Seventy sacks.  We've all heard it, we've all seen it.  Burrow was hit an obscene number of times this year, and this is the second year in a row that he ended the season with a knee injury.  Something has to change.  

Offensive line depth is a problem, as is offensive line talent in general.  But the line is not responsible for all seventy of these sacks.  Burrow has a part to play in this too.  So ASSUMING the coaches and front office make big moves in the off-season to improve the offensive line talent and build depth, what can Burrow personally improve upon moving forward to drive these sack numbers down even lower?

As Pistons said, he needs to step up into the pocket more and get the ball out quicker. Less of the Burrow magic unless we really
need it to win the game. If you are going to get hit make sure it is up top and not down around the legs. Also rollouts need to be 
used more as we have all been saying if the pressure gets bad. Really hope the Offensive coaches all are watching the Titans and 
the SB and seeing what they all did wrong. Burrow as well, he has lots of say in the play calling, he says so himself.

Joe Burrow loves the empty sets that get him killed. We need to improve the OL and he needs to be more patient with a RB or TE
in the backfield next to him. Better to get an incompletion than him gambling for the big play on empty sets.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 03:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: have better developing plays so he has a guy to throw too that doesnt take 5 seconds to get open

Absolutely and 70% of the time he can't step up into the pocket because there is no pocket.  He would be stepping into a DT.
Reply/Quote