Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What can we expect to get out of mccarron and when?
(12-19-2017, 11:34 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk. Rosen looks pretty NFL ready from jump IMO. I think they'll take him and start him. We missed our opportunity there.

I'm not so sure anymore. These last couple games have been awful...that said, it's tough to fully judge him on 2 games where the team has checked out. 

Yep. Honestly though, I think the interest was only coming from the Browns (due to Hue). With them likely taking Rosen, I don't think Macaroni would be on the table for them anymore, anyway.

(12-19-2017, 11:45 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Teams will look at how well Dalton can play, which is pretty good when he has a good supporting cast. For a team that is a QB away from winning would give up a 1st.

We can get a lot more than just one first Rd pick for Andy. The guy is a proven Qb, on a very good contract, and the QBs in this draft are not ? sure fire things. Look Cousins is about to get 40 million a year he's not that much better than Dalton. There 100% will be a market for Andy and the price will be pretty high.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 05:23 PM)A10104747 Wrote: Hahahaha your a clown behind a computer.. Given that he sat for 55 minutes in the freezing cold weather.... oh let us bring you in now while the defense plays prevent no big plays.... oh and let us take out your number 1 receiver... give me a break.

Next game, let’s put him in there and call run, run.... 3rd and 7 everyone knows we are passi the ball. When a team is up that much they will let you dink and dunk.... however did you notice who stayed in at receiver until the end of the game this time?? AJ green did not want to come out and told the coaches no he was playing with McCarron.

They actually get a td with the second team qb.... something that Andy hasn’t done but once in two games... give McCarron 7 years and then evaluate him just like Dalton.

Keep bitching

Aww, you McCarron fans are so adorable when you're mad :).
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 05:34 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Aww, you McCarron fans are so adorable when you're mad :).

You just have no clue about football. The offense will never be as good as it was a couple years ago.. Hue was play calling, while Andy had AJ, Marvin Jones (#1 wr now) , Sanu (#2 wr now) to throw too. So yeah if the team didn’t win a playoff game with that great offense and defense it’s not going to get close to winning now. Ohh and with a much better line. Andy has had 7 years in the league to show what he has. Practice Andy gets all the first team reps while McCarron gets scout team reps..
Reply/Quote
Before it was revealed that Cleveland offered a second for AJ; there was a population on here that said there's no way a team would offer anything for him; you'll have to forgive me if I don't put stock in the same population saying we can get nothing for him now. AJM will be in play this off-season and could easily bring us a good draft pick.

If a team is willing to offer us a high second-round pick for him at the deadline that team or another may be willing to offer us at least equal compensation to get him into camp at the beginning og the season.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 07:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Before it was revealed that Cleveland offered a second for AJ; there was a population on here that said there's no way a team would offer anything for him; you'll have to forgive me if I don't put stock in the same population saying we can get nothing for him now. AJM will be in play this off-season and could easily bring us a good draft pick.

If a team is willing to offer us a high second-round pick for him at the deadline that team or another may be willing to offer us at least equal compensation to get him into camp at the beginning og the season.

Tend to agree. If a team needs a QB bad enough, it's not crazy to think we could still land a pretty good pick for AJ.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 07:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Before it was revealed that Cleveland offered a second for AJ; there was a population on here that said there's no way a team would offer anything for him; you'll have to forgive me if I don't put stock in the same population saying we can get nothing for him now. AJM will be in play this off-season and could easily bring us a good draft pick.

Agreed he is  going to get a 15  mil per a year type deal. I just think he will  e a UFA instead of RFA.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 07:28 PM)A10104747 Wrote: You just have no clue about football. The offense will never be as good as it was a couple years ago.. Hue was play calling, while Andy had AJ, Marvin Jones (#1 wr now) , Sanu (#2 wr now) to throw too. So yeah if the team didn’t win a playoff game with that great offense and defense it’s not going to get close to winning now. Ohh and with a much better line. Andy has had 7 years in the league to show what he has. Practice Andy gets all the first team reps while McCarron gets scout team reps..

I don't know why you think it takes 7 years to evaluate a QB. Yes, we gave that much time to Andy, but we arguably knew exactly what he was after 2014.

In fact, 2015 was the aberration that basically spurred the fanbase into giving him a "second chance" over the last 2 years.

And besides, I've vocally advocated giving McCarron 100% of the snaps once we were basically out of the playoffs just to see what he is capable of, but it's not like we're talking about a highly touted prospect who has sky high potential.

McCarron was a mediocre prospect that many people considered to be carried by his college program for the most part and then, in 2015, he came in and overperformed relative to his expectations (although, he still showed severe limitations in those games regardless).

And then he played poorly in the pre-season and then, when given a chance, he performed no better (and in many ways, worse) than Dalton in the same game and against a defense that, as you said, was in prevent defense. 

Yes, he has a bad oline, and bad receivers and no running game. Just like Dalton. But the people claiming McCarron is the answer are, quite frankly, taking a bet on an unknown quantity for...some reason? It's never really been explained all that clearly. 

I want us to draft a QB early in this draft, especially if we get a new head coach from outside of the organization. Dalton doesn't have what it takes to lead us to any kind of significant success. McCarron doesn't seem to be all that different. Another QB who can perform semi-admirably when surrounded by talent.

As for the value McCarron will get us in a trade, maybe I'm wrong and teams will ignore the red flags and we can still snake a 2nd round pick from someone but I'd feel pretty bad for whoever we trick into that deal...
Reply/Quote