Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What did Rubio say...
(08-11-2015, 11:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No he was talking about women thatr reported having sex while intoxicated, you just called it rape.

No, the CDC collected statistics on women who had sex when they couldn't give consent.

He just suggested it was any women who ever had sex while drunk (and you can give consent when drunk... as long as you're not too drunk). If it was, the number would be a lot higher than 8%. I'm pretty sure 90% of us have had some form of drunk sex in our lives. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-11-2015, 11:32 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yes, and a lot of those studies asked if they ever had sex while drunk or high. When the woman answered yes then they say "oh, well then you were raped!"

So only 8% of women have had drunk sex?

(08-11-2015, 02:21 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: You do realize that the first link counts the times you have sex while intoxicated as rape. That's not rape. That's you having sex while drunk. Not to mention sexual coercion (meaning if a guy convinces a girl to have sex).

According the the department of justice 1.1 per 1000 people (not just women) were raped or sexually assulted in 2001. In 2009 and 2010 it was much lower being .5 in 2009, and .7 in 2010.

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cv10.pdf

BJs dot gov? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
(08-11-2015, 11:39 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No, the CDC collected statistics on women who had sex when they couldn't give consent.

He just suggested it was any women who ever had sex while drunk (and you can give consent when drunk... as long as you're not too drunk). If it was, the number would be a lot higher than 8%. I'm pretty sure 90% of us have had some form of drunk sex in our lives. 

Where did it break down the stats, and say that only 8% were from being drunk / high?
(08-11-2015, 11:39 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No, the CDC collected statistics on women who had sex when they couldn't give consent.

The CDC study is full of holes anyways. They never asked if they were raped. They were asked if they had ever had sex because someone pressured them by “telling you lies, making promises about the future they knew were untrue?”. If they said yes they marked them down as being raped.

From what I read 61.5% of them said they had sex while drunk or high (NOT saying they were raped), and the CDC marked them down as being raped.

The CDC would have had a more credible study if they just asked them if they have ever been raped.
(08-11-2015, 11:59 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: The CDC study is full of holes anyways. They never asked if they were raped. They were asked if they had ever had sex because someone pressured them by “telling you lies, making promises about the future they knew were untrue?”. If they said yes they marked them down as being raped.

From what I read 61.5% of them said they had sex while drunk or high (NOT saying they were raped), and the CDC marked them down as being raped.

The CDC would have had a more credible study if they just asked them if they have ever been raped.

If 61% of respondents said they had drunk sex, the number would have been higher than 700k.

Their 1 in 5 ever statistic is 12% forcible rape and 8% rape while unable to give consent because of drugs and alcohol.  Like I said before, it would have been much higher if it was just "ever had sex while drunk".  It would have been 1 in every 1.5 women.

(08-11-2015, 12:15 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: If 61% of respondents said they had drunk sex, the number would have been higher than 700k.

Their 1 in 5 ever statistic is 12% forcible rape and 8% rape while unable to give consent because of drugs and alcohol.  Like I said before, it would have been much higher if it was just "ever had sex while drunk".  It would have been 1 in every 1.5 women.

61% of the respondents didn't say they had drunk sex. 61% of the ones who they assumed were raped had drunk sex. Like I said the survey is full of holes. They didn't ask if they were raped. They asked questions, and then assumed they were raped. That's a BIG difference.

Like I said the study is full of holes, and I don't know how it's not painfully obvious to you. They DID NOT ASK IF THEY WERE RAPED. They asked them questions, and if they responded in a certain way they said it was rape.
(08-11-2015, 12:40 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: 61% of the respondents didn't say they had drunk sex. 61% of the ones who they assumed were raped had drunk sex. Like I said the survey is full of holes. They didn't ask if they were raped. They asked questions, and then assumed they were raped. That's a BIG difference.

Like I said the study is full of holes, and I don't know how it's not painfully obvious to you. They DID NOT ASK IF THEY WERE RAPED. They asked them questions, and if they responded in a certain way they said it was rape.

So you're suggesting that they just arbitrarily made up a percentage and said "these women were raped"?

Hmmm

(08-11-2015, 12:44 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So you're suggesting that they just arbitrarily made up a percentage and said "these women were raped"?

Hmmm

No, I guess you can't read what I said. They asked them a question like, Have you ever had sex while drunk / high? If they said yes then they marked them down as being raped. Another question would be, Has anyone ever lied to you so you would have sex with them? If they said yes then marked them down as being raped.

They never asked them if they have ever been raped.
(08-11-2015, 12:46 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: No, I guess you can't read what I said. They asked them a question like, Have you ever had sex while drunk / high? If they said yes then they marked them down as being raped. Another question would be, Has anyone ever lied to you so you would have sex with them? If they said yes then marked them down as being raped.

They never asked them if they have ever been raped.

but you just said that 61% of women said they had sex while drunk/high but the report doesn't say that' 61% of women were raped. It says 8% of all women ever will experience rape while drunk/high .

Do you see the issue with what you're trying to tell me the study says versus what it actually says?

(08-11-2015, 12:57 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: but you just said that 61% of women said they had sex while drunk/high but the report doesn't say that' 61% of women were raped. It says 8% of all women ever will experience rape while drunk/high .

Do you see the issue with what you're trying to tell me the study says versus what it actually says?

I guess you just need to improve your reading comprehension, because i'm not explaining it again.
(08-11-2015, 01:01 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I guess you just need to improve your reading comprehension, because i'm not explaining it again.

Insert ad hominem about math skills

(08-11-2015, 01:04 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Insert ad hominem about math skills

read it nice and slow, and maybe you can figure it out

(08-11-2015, 12:40 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: 61% of the respondents didn't say they had drunk sex. 61% of the ones who they assumed were raped had drunk sex. Like I said the survey is full of holes. They didn't ask if they were raped. They asked questions, and then assumed they were raped. That's a BIG difference.

(08-11-2015, 01:09 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: read it nice and slow, and maybe you can figure it out

so as I said, you're suggesting that they made up some arbitrary number of people who were probably raped and then determined who was drunk?

Thats a lot of faith you're asking me to put in your assumption

(08-11-2015, 01:14 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: so as I said, you're suggesting that they made up some arbitrary number of people who were probably raped and then determined who was drunk?

Thats a lot of faith you're asking me to put in your assumption

They never asked. If you actually read their questionnaire you would understand. Ignorance is bliss I guess.
(08-11-2015, 01:19 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: They never asked. If you actually read their questionnaire you would understand. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

At this point it is usually best just to dismiss the issue and just trust that others reading can understand.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-11-2015, 01:19 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: They never asked. If you actually read their questionnaire you would understand. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Again, you're just suggesting they made up numbers?

As I said, idk if I trust you over the CDC

(08-11-2015, 01:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Again, you're just suggesting they made up numbers?

As I said, idk if I trust you over the CDC

http://stacks.cdc.gov/view/cdc/24726

Show me where it asks them if they were raped.

I'll wait
(08-11-2015, 01:32 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: http://stacks.cdc.gov/view/cdc/24726

Show me where it asks them if they were raped.

I'll wait

"How many people have ever used physical force or threats to physically harm you to make you… "

Is that not rape?

(08-11-2015, 02:12 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: "How many people have ever used physical force or threats to physically harm you to make you… "

Is that not rape?

It is, and it's nothing like "were you drunk and have sex" yet they lump them in together.