Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What did Rubio say...
(08-11-2015, 02:18 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: It is, and it's nothing like "were you drunk and have sex" yet they lump them in together.

That's a totally separate question and they qualify it with "and unable to consent"

"When you were drunk, high, drugged, or passed out and unable to consent, how many people have ever..."

That awkward moment when your own source proves you wrong.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-11-2015, 02:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That's a totally separate question and they qualify it with "and unable to consent"

"When you were drunk, high, drugged, or passed out and unable to consent, how many people have ever..."

[Image: 33e.php]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-11-2015, 02:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That's a totally separate question and they qualify it with "and unable to consent"

I guess you don't understand what or means
(08-11-2015, 02:32 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I guess you don't understand what or means

I think you misunderstand what "unable to consent" is modifying. It's asking if you were ever unable to consent while drunk, high, drugged, or passed out. 

Why would it say "passed out and unable to consent"? No one who is passed out can consent. However, you can be drunk or high and capable of consenting, hence the need to ask " and unable to consent"

(08-11-2015, 02:35 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I think you misunderstand what "unable to consent" is modifying. It's asking if you were ever unable to consent while drunk, high, drugged, or passed out. 

Why would it say "passed out and unable to consent"? No one who is passed out can consent. However, you can be drunk or high and capable of consenting, hence the need to ask " and unable to consent"

"Or" is separating the two. They are just stating the obvious when they are saying "passed out and unable to consent"
(08-11-2015, 02:45 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: "Or" is separating the two. They are just stating the obvious when they are saying "passed out and unable to consent"

When you were at  a park, a stadium, a movie theater, or an amusement park and hungry, did you ever...

What is "and hungry" modifying? 

(08-11-2015, 02:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: When you were at  a park, a stadium, a movie theater, or an amusement park and hungry, did you ever...

What is "and hungry" modifying? 

An amusement park.
(08-11-2015, 02:57 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: An amusement park.

To quote someone  from this thread

(08-11-2015, 01:01 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I guess you just need to improve your reading comprehension, because i'm not explaining it again.

You're just being disingenuous at this point. 

(08-11-2015, 03:00 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: To quote someone  from this thread

You're just being disingenuous at this point. 

If unable to consent was a modifier for the whole statement it would have said "have you ever had sex when you were unable to give consent while drunk, high, drugged, or passed out"
(08-11-2015, 02:57 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: An amusement park.

Now you just KNOW you were wrong and can't admit it.

Rolleyes
(08-11-2015, 03:05 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: If unable to consent was a modifier for the whole statement it would have said "have you ever had sex while you were unable to consent while drunk, high, drugged, or passed out"

And if I feign ignorance like you, it's asking if I ever had sex while:

1) unable to consent while drunk
2) high
3) drugged
4) passed out

oops

(08-11-2015, 03:09 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: And if I feign ignorance like you, it's asking if I ever had sex while:

1) unable to consent while drunk
2) high
3) drugged
4) passed out

oops

Nope "or" separates and "and" connects. The way they phrase it they are separating unable to consent with the rest.
(08-11-2015, 03:17 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Nope "or" separates and "and" connects. The way they phrase it they are separating unable to consent with the rest.

so

1) unable to consent while drunk, high, drugged

or

2) passed out

Keep digging that whole

(08-11-2015, 03:20 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: so

1) unable to consent while drunk, high, drugged

or

2) passed out

Keep digging that whole

Nope wrong again. When there are comma's behind "or" or "and" they are the same as that conjunction. After a conjunction like "or" that separates two parts of a sentence it's the same as ending a sentence and starting a new one.

So it would be one of the following

1) drunk
2)high
3)drugged
4) passed out
(08-11-2015, 03:29 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Nope wrong again. When there are comma's behind "or" or "and" they are the same as that conjunction. After a conjunction like "or" that separates two parts of a sentence it's the same as ending a sentence and starting a new one.

1) drunk
2)high
3)drugged
4) passed out

Aren't you dizzy form all the spinning yet?
(08-11-2015, 03:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Aren't you dizzy form all the spinning yet?

Let me give you an example so people who just can't grasp grammar can understand.

I have enough money to buy a pizza, hotdog, and a soda or a pretzel, candy bar, and popcorn

"and popcorn" does not apply to the first part of the sentence, because the "or" separates the two.
(08-11-2015, 03:43 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Let me give you an example so people who just can't grasp grammar can understand.

I have enough money to buy a pizza, hotdog, and a soda or a pretzel, candy bar, and popcorn

"and popcorn" does not apply to the first part of the sentence, because the "or" separates the two.

And using your logic that means you can buy a pizza, a hotdog  and either a soda or a pretzel and a candy bar and popcorn and pizza and a hotdog?
(08-11-2015, 03:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: And using your logic that means you can buy a pizza, a hotdog  and either a soda or a pretzel and a candy bar and popcorn and pizza and a hotdog?

Nope. Use my quote as a reference.

(08-11-2015, 03:29 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Nope wrong again. When there are comma's behind "or" or "and" they are the same as that conjunction. After a conjunction like "or" that separates two parts of a sentence it's the same as ending a sentence and starting a new one.

By my logic "or" separates the two lists of things I could buy.

1) drunk
2)high
3)drugged
4) passed out

What's sad is that you know you're wrong, I know you're wrong, and everyone else knows you're wrong.

Be a ***** man, geez.

(08-11-2015, 04:21 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What's sad is that you know you're wrong, I know you're wrong, and everyone else knows you're wrong.

Be a ***** man, geez.

No I'm not wrong. Open a grammar book.