Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What did Rubio say...
(08-11-2015, 04:02 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Nope. Use my quote as a reference.

By my logic "or" separates the two lists of things I could buy.

Why would a survey on sexual violence just want to know if you had sex while drinking or high?  In the context of the entire questionnaire the sentence is asking if you ever had sex without giving consent while under the influence or passed out.

Read the intro that question:
[/url]
Quote:[Image: 0811152.jpg]
[url=http://postimage.org/]

Now try twisting it again.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-11-2015, 03:43 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Let me give you an example so people who just can't grasp grammar can understand.

I have enough money to buy a pizza, hotdog, and a soda or a pretzel, candy bar, and popcorn

"and popcorn" does not apply to the first part of the sentence, because the "or" separates the two.

No, it's because you used an Oxford comma.

Hahahahahahaha jesus this is pathetic
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-11-2015, 04:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: Why would a survey on sexual violence just want to know if you had sex while drinking or high?  In the context of the entire questionnaire the sentence is asking if you ever had sex without giving consent while under the influence or passed out.

[/url][url=http://postimage.org/]

He knew he was wrong over an hour ago. There's no point responding when he's being disingenuous.

(08-11-2015, 04:25 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He knew he was wrong over an hour ago. There's no point responding when he's being disingenuous.

Totally...but I wanted to post the ACTUAL wording to make it completely clear.
(08-11-2015, 04:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: Why would a survey on sexual violence just want to know if you had sex while drinking or high?  In the context of the entire questionnaire the sentence is asking if you ever had sex without giving consent while under the influence or passed out.

[/url][url=http://postimage.org/]

Why don't you read it again? The intro clearly states "because they were drunk, high, drugged OR passed out from alcohol, drugs or medications".

Why would they say passed out from being drunk, high or drugged twice?
(08-11-2015, 04:26 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Why don't you read it again? The intro clearly states "because they were drunk, high, drugged OR passed out from alcohol, drugs or medications".

Why would they say passed out from being drunk, high or drugged twice?

Quote:Sometimes sex happens when a person is unable to consent to it or stop it from happening because they were drunk, high, drugged, or passed out from alcohol, drugs, or medications. 

Because the question is about being unable to give consent when you are under the influence of or passed out from all of the above.

Let's just agree that you think not as many women are raped because of the word "or". Rolleyes
(08-11-2015, 04:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: Because the question is about being unable to give consent when you are under the influence of or passed out from all of the above.

Let's just agree that you think not as many women are raped because of the word "or". Rolleyes

Let's just agree you don't know grammar.
(08-11-2015, 04:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No, it's because you used an Oxford comma.

Hahahahahahaha jesus this is pathetic

It still wouldn't matter if I said

I can buy a pizza and a soda or a hot dog and a pretzel.

The "or" separates the two.

Do I really have to teach you proper grammar?
(08-11-2015, 04:30 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Let's just agree you don't know grammar.

And you don't understand context or what constitutes consent.
(08-11-2015, 04:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: And you don't understand context or what constitutes consent.

Oh I understand it fine. You just can't grasp the function of "or".
(08-11-2015, 04:35 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: It still wouldn't matter if I said

I can buy a pizza and a soda or a hot dog and a pretzel.

The "or" separates the two.

Do I really have to teach you proper grammar?

No, I don't think I need your grammar lessons after this thread.

(08-11-2015, 04:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: Because the question is about being unable to give consent when you are under the influence of or passed out from all of the above.

Haha, is that quote from the report?

Oh, man, that's brutal.

(08-11-2015, 05:00 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No, I don't think I need your grammar lessons after this thread.

Yeah you might need a professional tutor to finally understand, or maybe you should take a English college course.
(08-11-2015, 05:01 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yeah you might need a professional tutor to finally understand, or maybe you should take a English college course.

Lol

What's great is that the description above the question agrees with me. I'm sure you know better than the people who wrote the questionnaire, though...

(08-11-2015, 05:08 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Lol

What's great is that the description above the question agrees with me. I'm sure you know better than the people who wrote the questionnaire, though...

The question is "When you were drunk, high, drugged or passed out and unable to consent". That's what they were asked. You can try and spin it all you want you will still be wrong.
(08-11-2015, 05:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Haha, is that quote from the report?

Oh, man, that's brutal.

A quote from the screen shot of the report he linked.
(08-11-2015, 05:10 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The question is "When you were drunk, high, drugged or passed out and unable to consent". That's what they were asked. You can try and spin it all you want you will still be wrong.

Then why does the questionnaire say you're wrong?

(08-11-2015, 05:53 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Then why does the questionnaire say you're wrong?

It doesn't. That was the question asked.
(08-11-2015, 05:58 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: It doesn't. That was the question asked.

So this is not a direct quote from immediately before the question?

Quote:
Sometimes sex happens when a person is unable to consent to it or stop it from happening because they were drunk, high, drugged, or passed out from alcohol, drugs, or medications.

(08-11-2015, 06:03 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So this is not a direct quote from immediately before the question?

Quote:
Sometimes sex happens when a person is unable to consent to it or stop it from happening because they were drunk, high, drugged, or passed out from alcohol, drugs, or medications.

It is, but it's not the question they asked the woman.