Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An upcoming voyage to Atlanta
So tomorrow I gotta go pick up the old woman @ the Atlanta bus station with it's outstanding 1 star rating on google ..not that I really trust google comment ratings. I have a feeling the majority of the people commenting are afraid of their own shadows, but what the heck . I'm always up for trying to find a place to park near bus stations..
I warned her about traveling via greyhound and now I'm hoodwinked into a 7+ hour drive so she doesn't have to suffer a long layover in Atlanta..
Who knows? Maybe my sex life will improve by tomorrow night ..lol

Read the reviews.. These are some seriously pussified bus riders.. lol
https://www.google.com/search?q=greyhound+atlanta+ga&source=lmns&client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us&prmd=misvn&biw=360&bih=588&hl=en&ved=2ahUKEwjptN_mmNfdAhUGgK0KHbeTC_YQ_AUoAHoECAAQAw#imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipPTt0gh-Y5jm8MKz-rIQdupaHwhb_YzxoLGylFy&lkt=LocalPoiReviews&trex=m_t:lcl_akp,rc_f:nav,rc_ludocids:916026877153485098,rc_q:Atlanta%2520Bus%2520Station,ru_q:Atlanta%2520Bus%2520Station&viewerState=ga

Maybe I'll curse the Falcons by my very presence in Atlanta . Should I go fishing while I'm there? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Everyone should take a trip on a bus. You meet the most interesting people.

Last time I took Greyhound was to pick up a car I had bought online. Took me all day just to get across North Carolina, but I had some interesting conversations. Did you know that there are so many cases of truck drivers abandoning their trucks that some people have jobs that consist of nothing but going to pick these trucks up?

Best story was from my nephew who took the bus to visit me when I lived in Nashville. He was really into the military and the guy next toi him claimed he used to be an Air Force pilot. When my nephew asked him what type of planes he flew he said "747's"
Reply/Quote
Had an interesting trip there.. I was in the passing lane doing about 75 just passing a semi when the right rear tire decided to spontaneously shread itself while I had a cup of hot coffee in my hand.. Two extremely lucky things occurred . First I lived through it without shatting myself  and  then about 20 minutes later one of Georgia's 511 roadside service drivers stopped and helped me change the tire not to mention the shear luck of even having a spare with air. First time in a long time I didn't take all my tools along so the 511 driver was a life saver .
On the way back we got to watch a non-stop lighting show nearly the entire way to Columbia .
I can't recall any period in my entire life of seeing so much lightning with so many huge bolts of lightning directly in front of me.. it was like driving through a strobe lighted highway.  Wheww..tiring to say the least.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote