Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What did you do on Independence Day?
How did you spend your day?

We had a cookout, drank some adult beverages and lit off some fireworks (very expensive fireworks I might add). Played cornhole and hillbilly golf. Now if I can find my car, that would be great. LOL No seriously, I know where it’s at, I think?

Fireworks are crazy expensive compared to the time you get to enjoy them. Spent $65 for a 30 second grand finale. WTF? But the kids loved them. I think all together we spent about $300 bucks combined. I think I will go to the fireworks store when they give 75% off and buy the stuff for next year so it isn’t so damn expensive.

I did get a chance to coach my grandson up on cornhole. That was one of the hilights of the day. He was listening and learning everything I said. Plus, it never hurts when my skills were epic yesterday. Draining 3s on command.

All said, it was a fantastic day celebrating 88,753 days of freedom.

[Image: Bald-Eagle-Memes10-1.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I spent most of the afternoon and all evening and night in the basement with my dog watching TV. The fireworks really upset my dog even with the medication I give him for anxiety during this time and they don't do much for me either. So at least in the basement the fireworks are less noticeable. People in my neighborhood started with the ones that are nothing but loud explosions around 1:00 PM and the fireworks went on nonstop all around my neighborhood until about midnight.

I understand people want to enjoy their fireworks during the 4th and I don't have a problem with it but some people just do it excessively in my opinion. Also I don't really understand the ones that don't have any kind of a display and just make a loud noise. I think many people don't think about people with pets and people that have served in the military when they celebrate. Next year I'm going to rent a cabin in some secluded area during the holiday. I think my dog would appreciate that and it would be a nice mini vacation to get out in nature a bit anyway.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2019, 12:46 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I spent most of the afternoon and all evening and night in the basement with my dog watching TV.  The fireworks really upset my dog even with the medication I give him for anxiety during this time and they don't do much for me either. So at least in the basement the fireworks are less noticeable. People in my neighborhood started with the ones that are nothing but loud explosions around 1:00 PM and the fireworks went on nonstop all around my neighborhood until about midnight.  

I understand people want to enjoy their fireworks during the 4th and I don't have a problem with it but some people just do it excessively in my opinion.  Also I don't really understand the ones that don't have any kind of a display and just make a loud noise. I think many people don't think about people with pets and people that have served in the military when they celebrate.  Next year I'm going to rent a cabin in some secluded area during the holiday.  I think my dog would appreciate that and it would be a nice mini vacation to get out in nature a bit anyway.

Pets and fireworks are an issue. I agree with you on the annoyance they can cause. I get pretty ticked off when a week before the holiday, people start letting them off because our dogs get nervous and panicked. Well, that and also because we have to work. I don't complain when people do it on the 4th just because, well, they are celebrating. Yet before and after is a bit much. Our dogs didn't do bad last night, but typically they do not fare so well. My favorite part of it all was just having family over and firing up the Weber. We had a lot of fun together, but we normally do. My kids are awesome, and the sense of humor I have rest's in all of them. So needless to say, there is a lot of laughter when we get together.

Reply/Quote
Jerked off to "Wonder Woman".
Reply/Quote
I went to work (walked to work, actually), had my parents stop by (after a depressing talk about a spec property that is costing them a ****ton of money every month), finished leveling off my back patio so that we can lay the slabs down, talked for a bit, watched WatchMojo, wife came home, made dinner, washed the dishes, showered, went to sleep.

Of course, being in Canada, the 4th is just any other day Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
We spent most of the afternoon in the pool, then my neighbor had his kids and grandkids over....so we hung out there, had some burgers and dogs, then set off some fireworks. Great day to just veg out at the house.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Attended a celebration on FT Knox.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
A special one.

My dad isn't doing great health wise, but the 4th has always been his favorite, so we went there and blew up stuff. It's probably the last one I get to spend with my son for a while as he becomes the property of the US Army in August, so it was good just hanging out with him.
Reply/Quote
tried to keep my dog calm...
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2019, 04:21 PM)Benton Wrote: A special one.

My dad isn't doing great health wise, but the 4th has always been his favorite, so we went there and blew up stuff. It's probably the last one I get to spend with my son for a while as he becomes the property of the US Army in August, so it was good just hanging out with him.

Sorry to hear about your Dad but awesome you got to enjoy it together blowing stuff up. As for your son, Tell him the Dog said thanks in advance from a soon to be brother. 

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2019, 01:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Jerked off to "Wonder Woman".

Esther again?

Reply/Quote
Had a great time with family and friends.  We're in the NC Smokies.  We took the crew over to Linville Falls for a little hiking and sightseeing, took 'em all to the pool to wash the day off.  Grilled some fantastic pork chops, then reassembled at the Mercantile for the Independence Day Festivities.  They had a nice Bluegrass band, food, local craft beer, and fireworks.

Everything was going great, until the clouds opened up in a torrential down pour, just after the fireworks began.  So, we all picked up our chairs and ran for the truck, headed on back to the cabin and proceeded to get hammered.  Freedom!!!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2019, 04:21 PM)Benton Wrote: A special one.

Hooah.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2019, 04:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Sorry to hear about your Dad but awesome you got to enjoy it together blowing stuff up. As for your son, Tell him the Dog said thanks in advance from a soon to be brother. 

Appreciated. He's not kicking the bucket any time soon, but 40 years in a chemical plant + chain smoking caught up to him in the last year.
Reply/Quote
Binge watched the entire season 3 of Stranger Things.
Reply/Quote
Didn't do much at all. Celebrated way too hard the night before, laid in bed all day on the 4th feeling like death.
Reply/Quote
Watched my youngest on a float for 1 of the local HS football teams go by in 4th parade. Hung out with the family, bbq'ed and also played cornhole.
Reply/Quote
Drank. Watched a parade in Cincys Northside. Drank. Showed off elite grilling skills on my weber by making 9 ears of corn, stuffed jalapenos, brats, hot dogs, and the best burgers in the world smashburgers. Drank whiskey. Lit fireworks. Drank gin. More fireworks. Good times
Reply/Quote
It's my sister's birthday. She has a place off the Potomac, so we go celebrate her birthday and the holiday there on the water. At night we can stand in the yard and watch fireworks in all directions. Generally we'll stay a few days, and the festivities never end on the water, so the fireworks are a nightly thing...
Reply/Quote