No
50.00%
8 50.00%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Corey Dillon's HOF chances...
Eight days till the next Bengals game so let's take a break for a second to discuss his chances. 

Since i'm watching a show about OJ Simpson, let's use him as a comparison. 

Years:
Simpson-- 11
Dillon -- 10

Carries:
Simpson-- 2,404
Dillon -- 2,618

Yards (rushing):
Simpson-- 11,236
Dillon -- 11,241

Yards (receiving):
Simpson-- 2,142 (203 receptions)
Dillon -- 1,913 (244 reception)

YPC:
Simpson-- 4.7
Dillon -- 4.3

TDs (rushing):
Simpson-- 61
Dillon -- 82

TDs (receiving):
Simpson-- 14
Dillon -- 7

Intangibles: 
Simpson-- Heisman trophy, overall #1 draft pick, 1973 MVP, 2,000 yd rushing season
Dillon -- Six straight 1,000 yd rushing seasons to start career and seven out of first eight, SB ring, held rookie single-game rushing record (1997) and NFL single-game rushing record (2000) simultaneously for a time.

Both played for perennial losers (until Dillon went to NE, of course). Simpson was inducted in 1985.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Sorry, poll question should be "do you think he gets in?"

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
He should. Those are pretty awesome stats. He was my favorite Bengal player for a long time. You should add that historic Denver game too. That held the record for yards for a while I believe.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 02:34 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: He should. Those are pretty awesome stats. He was my favorite Bengal player for a long time. You should add that historic Denver game too. That held the record for yards for a while I believe.

omg. How could i forget the rushing records? Thanks!

Reply/Quote
If he gets in before either kens or even Willie isn’t that kind of a disgrace
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Should Dillon get in ? Yes

Will Dillon get in ? I think he will eventually, how long will it take ?
Reply/Quote
Has a much better chance sadly because of playing for Patriots for short stint.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 11:52 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Has a much better chance sadly because of playing for Patriots for short stint.

Yep. 

Reply/Quote
Do I think he deserves to be in? Yes, and I'm being as objective about that as possible. I think the HOF gets WAY too hung up on the player's personality and the bulk career numbers. For example, compare Dillon to Bettis.

Dillon has better:

Yards per game
Yards per carry
TD's per season
Receiving numbers across the board
Same amount of rings

Bettis has better:

Personality
Played most of his career for the beloved Steelers, instead of terrible Bengals teams
Better bulk stats from hanging around well past his prime - he played 4 more years than Dillon

-------------

In the end, Dillon was a better RB than Bettis and put up better numbers behind a worse line. Yet Bettis is in the Hall and Dillon is not. I'd say this is due to Bettis being a media darling and Dillon being a moody guy that played most of his career on a bad team. Also, the HOF seems big on players meeting certain set numbers.

For modern RB's, 13,000 career rushing yards seems to be their standard. The only time a player gets in under that is when it's an injured guy like Terrell Davis. Kinda silly, IMO. Just because a guy doesn't hang around padding numbers doesn't mean he wasn't one of the league's greatest in his prime.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Poll only asks IF he'll get in, not when.

He WILL get in, but not this year or next.

My guess is he will be Class of '21
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 02:48 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Poll only asks IF he'll get in, not when.

He WILL get in, but not this year or next.

My guess is he will be Class of '21

If and when can kind of go hand in hand in this instance.

Reply/Quote
Hopefully he goes in as a Patriot since he disowned the Bengals. Hope he keeps his word.
Reply/Quote