Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What difference a year makes !!!
We all know that the 2018 Bengals are better than the 2017 version.

But how much better?

A quick ('cause I'm too lazy to do much more) look at some stats says ...

It took us 4 games in 2017 to score 64 points. We've scored 68 in 2 games in 2018

It took us 7 games in 2017 to get 5 turnovers. We've gotten 5 in 2 games in 2018.

Feel free to add more of your own.
Reply/Quote
I like stats and turtles. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Took us 5 weeks to get 2 wins last year. This year it was accomplished in 2 weeks
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have won more games in the last 2 weeks than the Browns have in the last 2 years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 11:56 AM)Whatever Wrote: The Bengals have won more games in the last 2 weeks than the Browns have in the last 2 years.

I think Cleveland will turn things around.  The talent on that team is starting to show. 
Reply/Quote
Lots of new faces....and I also think the coaching staff shakeup was huge.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 12:28 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Lots of new faces....and I also think the coaching staff shakeup was huge.

One in particular...

Reply/Quote
I believe this started last season with Lazor, and his influence with his philosophical change. The effort we saw in the last few games was no accident. Pushing Alexander aside was the beginning, and the front office did one Helluva job in running with it.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 12:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: One in particular...

You know it brother....

(09-15-2018, 12:39 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: I believe this started last season with Lazor, and his influence with his philosophical change. The effort we saw in the last few games was no accident. Pushing Alexander aside was the beginning, and the front office did one Helluva job in running with it.

Absolutely agree. Between Zampese being in over his head, and Alexander complicating everything, it was night and day difference by the end of the year.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
What a difference a year of good offseason moves makes.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 12:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: Lots of new faces....and I also think the coaching staff shakeup was huge.

It is showing, imagine if Marvin would have also been replaced... Excited Excited Excited

Looks like our OC will replace Marvin soon though. :andy:
Reply/Quote
I've never disliked Cleveland. I would love it if Cincinnati and Cleveland were at the top of the division and Bal and Pit at the bottom.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 12:39 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: I believe this started last season with Lazor, and his influence with his philosophical change. The effort we saw in the last few games was no accident. Pushing Alexander aside was the beginning, and the front office did one Helluva job in running with it.

So true man, once we let PA go they just kept adding to the team in pretty much every aspect. Heck, even though RT
is still a bit of a question mark Hart still played much better against a much better front in Baltimore. He should only
get better under Pollack's coaching. Lazor has done wonders, love the playcalling so far and our Defense is still finding
its feet. Once Burfict gets back and getting in football shape i think this team will be really tough.

I expected us to lose to the Ravens and be 1-1 at this point but things are coming along a lot faster than i thought.

We are stopping the run and running the ball too, something i found to be essential for this team this year.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 01:08 PM)jorev5 Wrote: I've never disliked Cleveland.  I would love it if Cincinnati and Cleveland were at the top of the division and Bal and Pit at the bottom.

To be honest, it's hard to do anything but pity the Browns and their fans.

If they were more competitive, I think I'd feel the same way about them I do about Bal and Pit.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 01:08 PM)jorev5 Wrote: I've never disliked Cleveland.  I would love it if Cincinnati and Cleveland were at the top of the division and Bal and Pit at the bottom.

As long as we are at the top and Pitt is the bottom dweller i am a happy man. Cool

(09-15-2018, 01:26 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: To be honest, it's hard to do anything but pity the Browns and their fans.

If they were more competitive, I think I'd feel the same way about them I do about Bal and Pit.

True.
Reply/Quote
you pity the browns but they've actually won a playoff game more recently.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 12:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: Lots of new faces....and I also think the coaching staff shakeup was huge.

does anyone think its a coincidence that dallas is having OL probs?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 11:16 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I like stats and turtles.   ThumbsUp

[Image: 2bd3596680dc9bcd2f08280513edaa22.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 04:51 PM)Beaker Wrote: does anyone think its a coincidence that dallas is having OL probs?

Well, no. But seriously didn't think it would happen this fast.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 05:25 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Well, no. But seriously didn't think it would happen this fast.

Stop reading my mind.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote