Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do ring chasers think of us, and us of them?
Culture first, last, and always. A complete asshole is more likely to destroy your team than to make the difference in winning you a ring. See the 2010 Ocho/Owens debacle or the 2015 playoff loss.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2022, 01:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Depends on how you define "elite".  Reader and Hendrickson are both top 10 paid at their position.

And remember that most top paid players never become free agents.  Teams resign their best players before letting the others leave in free agency.

Well I define elite like Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Von Miller, Russell Wilson. And I stand by that comment. We aren’t paying them that kinda crazy money. I realize they weren’t all free agents but might as well been. The OP says are we more of a desired landing spot for free agent ring chasers? Hendrickson wouldn’t have cost NO much to keep him. Collins and several other of our OL guys. Those guys we can attract better. But we will never pay a top tier free agent that requires a top 5 salary
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2022, 05:31 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well I define elite like Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Von Miller, Russell Wilson. And I stand by that comment. We aren’t paying them that kinda crazy money. I realize they weren’t all free agents but might as well been. The OP says are we more of a desired landing spot for free agent ring chasers? Hendrickson wouldn’t have cost NO much to keep him. Collins and several other of our OL guys. Those guys we can attract better. But we will never pay a top tier free agent that requires a top 5 salary

I'm pretty sure we're gonna pony up top 5 money to keep a coupla guys from ever becoming free agents... Same difference.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2022, 05:48 PM)jason Wrote: I'm pretty sure we're gonna pony up top 5 money to keep a coupla guys from ever becoming free agents... Same difference.

Absolutely but the OP’s question was would we attract ring chasers more now after our successful run to the Super Bowl. I said not the elite and provided examples. We’ve got our own guts to worry about and aren’t shelling out the going rate of 25 million plus for Davonte Adams or Von Miller or even Jessie Bates if he was on the Steelers.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2022, 02:06 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Gronk and obj have both expressed interest in playing for the Bengals. That is really something all things considered

They may have until what we’d offer. Terron Armstead we didn’t even try.

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2022, 05:31 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well I define elite like Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Von Miller, Russell Wilson. And I stand by that comment. We aren’t paying them that kinda crazy money. I realize they weren’t all free agents but might as well been. The OP says are we more of a desired landing spot for free agent ring chasers? Hendrickson wouldn’t have cost NO much to keep him. Collins and several other of our OL guys. Those guys we can attract better. But we will never pay a top tier free agent that requires a top  5 salary

You need to learn some history.  Mike Brown made Carson Palmer the highest paid QB in the league.  Willie Anderson was the highets paid RT.  Levi Jones was a top 5 paid LT.

Next.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 07:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You need to learn some history.  In 2017 Mike Brown made Carson Palmer the highest paid QB in the league.

Next.

Sounds like you need to brush up on your history yourself. Tongue
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 07:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sounds like you need to brush up on your history yourself. Tongue

Maybe the funniest thing I’ve ever seen on a message board. Don’t know anything exists ever on here that would be more embarrassing.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 07:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You need to learn some history.  Mike Brown made Carson Palmer the highest paid QB in the league.  Willie Anderson was the highets paid RT.  Levi Jones was a top 5 paid LT.

Next.

Again you have to follow the thread. The OP said will we attract more ring chasers. That’s what I’m responding to. Have you had your memory pills this morning Fred? Never once have I discussed resigning our own guys. It’s about attracting others wanting to come here. Again I don’t think we make plays for high dollar guys like Armstead because we need that money for our own. Go get some coffee Fred. Strong kind

Reply/Quote