Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do the numbers say?
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000619376/article/mathematical-model-suggests-bengalscardinals-in-super-bowl-50
Reply/Quote
Bengals vs Cardinals is what I'm hoping for.

Bengals vs either Zim or Gruden is a close second.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Throw out the numbers. Anything can happen. Of course, I want us to win the Super Bowl, but let's not forget who this "genius" at Harvard predicted would be Super Bowl champions.

[Image: large.png]
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Numbers won't help us get to a SB unfortunately...
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 05:42 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Numbers won't help us get to a SB unfortunately...

sure they will

It will just be lots of numbers

etc....
Reply/Quote
People disregard the mathematical model, as if it is supposedly full proof. Of course it isn't full proof, but it's surely more accurate than some wild guess which is what most analysists and fans resort to. I believe I read it has 66.17% accuracy or something, which is really really good actually for this sort of application.

All it really means is that the Bengals and Cardinals have the best overall teams in the NFL. Does it mean they will make the super bowl? No. What it does do is make it even more regretful that Dalton is hurt. It's clear that this team is stacked and all convential knowledge points to them going far in the postseason. Unfortunatly, emotions and past bias take place of educated analysis, so this is seen as "incorrect" or "false".

I received my degree in applied mathematics about 3 weeks ago, and reading this article gave me some more confidence about tomorrow (nerdy confidence lol). ALSO, cortana also predicted that the Bengals win this weeks matchup, another mathematical program that predicts outcomes of games. Cortana predicted every winner of the World Cup correctly and was 8-3 in last seasons NFL playoffs.. Cortana picked the Bengals over the Steelers, and because of my background, I tend to stick with the computers. I wouldn't put it past the Bengals to defy logic and ruin computational mathematics though...
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 06:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: sure they will

It will just be lots of numbers

etc....

I sure would love to see a blocked field goal from 99 as well haha
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 07:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: People disregard the mathematical model, as if it is supposedly full proof. Of course it isn't full proof, but it's surely more accurate than some wild guess which is what most analysists and fans resort to. I believe I read it has 66.17% accuracy or something, which is really really good actually for this sort of application.

All it really means is that the Bengals and Cardinals have the best overall teams in the NFL. Does it mean they will make the super bowl? No. What it does do is make it even more regretful that Dalton is hurt. It's clear that this team is stacked and all convential knowledge points to them going far in the postseason. Unfortunatly, emotions and past bias take place of educated analysis, so this is seen as "incorrect" or "false".

I received my degree in applied mathematics about 3 weeks ago, and reading this article gave me some more confidence about tomorrow (nerdy confidence lol). ALSO, cortana also predicted that the Bengals win this weeks matchup, another mathematical program that predicts outcomes of games. Cortana predicted every winner of the World Cup correctly and was 8-3 in last seasons NFL playoffs.. Cortana picked the Bengals over the Steelers, and because of my background, I tend to stick with the computers. I wouldn't put it past the Bengals to defy logic and ruin computational mathematics though...

I knew you were a nerd. :jk:

It was a very interesting article i must say and it shown we were the most complete team this year and MJD
says so as well. I was callin for a Bengals/Cardinals SB before the Dalton injury. The Dalton injury and then the
complete meltdown the Cards had against the Squawks kind of made me take a step back.

BTW i think MJD had some really good points. 2-1 with a backup QB and the one loss going to overtime against
the best Defense in the league. We have the best roster from top to bottom but the Cards might be the most
balanced. Doesn't mean we don't beat them if we get there, especially if we have a healthy Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 07:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I knew you were a nerd. :jk:

It was a very interesting article i must say and it shown we were the most complete team this year and MJD
says so as well. I was callin for a Bengals/Cardinals SB before the Dalton injury. The Dalton injury and then the
complete meltdown the Cards had against the Squawks kind of made me take a step back.

BTW i think MJD had some really good points. 2-1 with a backup QB and the one loss going to overtime against
the best Defense in the league. We have the best roster from top to bottom but the Cards might be the most
balanced. Doesn't mean we don't beat them if we get there, especially if we have a healthy Dalton.

Ya, when McCarron plays his kind of ball (he eluded to this and how he is different than Andy) he simply doesn't turn the ball over. AFCN battles are always determined by turnovers! I think having McCarron is actually somewhat of a good thing if he plays how he has when he prepares to be the starter. If he can have 0 turnovers and Ben has a few, I like our chances. I'm prayin Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 07:46 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ya, when McCarron plays his kind of ball (he eluded to this and how he is different than Andy) he simply doesn't turn the ball over. AFCN battles are always determined by turnovers! I think having McCarron is actually somewhat of a good thing if he plays how he has when he prepares to be the starter. If he can have 0 turnovers and Ben has a few, I like our chances. I'm prayin Smirk

For sure, might be a blessing in disguise the Dalton injury. AJM has done great in his 3 starts at not
turning the ball over and Dalton has been known to throw a pick or two against these guys.

A win over Pitt with McCarron and then a Dalton start against the Pats might set us up for the run...

The big'un. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 07:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure, might be a blessing in disguise the Dalton injury. AJM has done great in his 3 starts at not
turning the ball over and Dalton has been known to throw a pick or two against these guys.

A win over Pitt with McCarron and then a Dalton start against the Pats might set us up for the run...

The big'un. Mellow

Let's just beat Pitt for now ThumbsUp that's all that matters.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 07:52 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Let's just beat Pitt for now ThumbsUp that's all that matters.

True, true, gettin ahead of myself. Mellow
Reply/Quote