Poll: What value will we get in return for AJ McCarron?
Top 5 pick
Top 15 pick
Top 30 pick
2nd rounder
Two 2nd rounders
1st and 2nd round pick
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do we deserve for AJ McCarron?
(12-16-2016, 03:00 PM)jason Wrote: The Jets have Petty and Hackenberg. I figure they'll see what they have before trading a pick for AJ.

Still 3 games to see what they have.

Haven't seen much good from either so far.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 03:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still 3 games to see what they have.

Haven't seen much good from either so far.

True on Petty, but Hackenberg hasn't been on the field yet and he was a 2nd rounder. I doubt they give up on him before he even touches a field.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 02:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Those expecting some team to plop down their top pick for AJ McCarron are destined for disappointment. Can you imagine being a fan of say...the Rams or Jets, and hearing that your team just gave up it's 1st round pick for AJ McCarron? How would you feel about that?

But them trade 2 1st rounders and a bounty of additional picks for unknown commodities like Jared Goff and Carson Wentz is ok?

-- WHO DEY THINK GONNA BEAT DEM BENGALS!! --
Reply/Quote
I voted for a 2nd round pick. He's shown he can be a decent QB at the Pro level which makes him better than a lot of guys you'd take in round 2 or 3 of the NFL Draft at that position, but he doesn't have that real high upside of a 1st round QB.

To be fair, at this point you take anything you can get for him since after next season he walks away completely free.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would not trade my first round pick for AJ McCarron. The guy just hasn't played enough to be a proven player. He looks pretty good for a guy with very limited opportunity, but it's not enough and coupled with his average-ish physical tools, does not warrant a first round return.
Reply/Quote
I think we'll get a 1st and a 4th for him that could turn into a three.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 03:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: True on Petty, but Hackenberg hasn't been on the field yet and he was a 2nd rounder. I doubt they give up on him before he even touches a field.

Yeah, don't know much about Hackenberg.

McCarron has played well in the NFL though and if Hackenberg doesn't impress the Jets seem the most likely to me.

Maybe the Niners or Bears. Still thinking Romo goes to the Texans.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 04:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, don't know much about Hackenberg.

McCarron has played well in the NFL though and if Hackenberg doesn't impress the Jets seem the most likely to me.

Maybe the Niners or Bears. Still thinking Romo goes to the Texans.

I could see Romo to the Texans, but he seems like the perfect QB for the Broncos too.

San Fran would be perfect for Macaroni. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 04:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I could see Romo to the Texans, but he seems like the perfect QB for the Broncos too.

San Fran would be perfect for Macaroni. 

Romo to the Broncos makes me want to puke.

I could see the Niners offering a 2nd or 3rd for him which would be the best scenario for us it seems.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 04:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Romo to the Broncos makes me want to puke.

Yeah the Broncos are a QB away from being dominant. If they really do land Romo, it's going to be trouble for the rest of the AFC....if Tony can stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 04:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah the Broncos are a QB away from being dominant. If they really do land Romo, it's going to be trouble for the rest of the AFC....if Tony can stay healthy.

Exactly and i can't stand the Broncos.

I liked Peyton Manning so i could take it when they won the SB with him.
Reply/Quote
What is funny is you are describing a Front Office that actually makes timely and correct moves. I wager a Gold Star Cheese Coney, they don't move him, they let him walk while receiving nothing for it.
Reply/Quote
If we trade him, I could see it being a 2nd rounder with a conditional 2018 pick.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 05:12 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: What is funny is you are describing a Front Office that actually makes timely and correct moves. I wager a Gold Star Cheese Coney, they don't move him, they let him walk while receiving nothing for it.

Probably correct Bambino. Damn it all. Whatever
Reply/Quote
McCarron isn't worth a top 2 rounds pick, and we missed out this past year to trade him.

Next year here are notable quarterbacks that will be on the market and possibly also trading block:
Tony Romo
Colin Kaepernick
Kirk Cousins
Sam Bradford (depending on Teddy's injury)
Jay Cutler
EJ Manuel
Mike Glennon
Jimmy Garoppolo

Are all of them great QBs? No. But many on that list have shown and done better than McCarron.

Browns have high draft picks. They also really like Tribusky. Who, if they wanted, could trade back for.
49ers will probably go with a QB in the draft.
Jets have Petty and drafted Hackenberg in the 2nd round.
Bears is a potential landing spot, but they could also draft a QB since they are up in the draft board.
Texans have probably learned NOT to trust a backup QB that only played in a few games the year prior before getting them.
Cardinals may also be a landing spot for McCarron, as their offense caters to pocket passers.

Honestly, I don't see McCarron really going anywhere due to not many open spots and also better options out there. Especially when looking at some of the QBs mentioned up there, McCarron doesn't rank near the top. One can argue money, but do you really think Kaepernick, Glennon, and Garoppolo are going to demand a ton of money? The answer is no.

Sorry, but I think we missed our trading window with him. I doubt we see him go anywhere. And if we do, I don't expect anything better than a 4th rounder.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
A comparsion from Brock Osweiler's 8 games in 2015 to McCarron's 5 games in 2015.

Osweiler: 170 completions of 275 attempts for 1,967 yards. 7.15 yards per attempt. 61.8% completion percentage. 10 passing TDs. 6 INTs. 1 rushing TD. 2 fumbles. QB rating of 86.4. He went 5-3. Went 2-2 against teams that went to the playoffs.

McCarron: 99 completions of 156 attempts for 1,044 yards. 6.69 yards per attempt. 63.5% completion percentage. 7 passing TDs. 3 INTs. 0 rushing TDs. 3 fumbles. QB rating of 89.8. He went 2-3. He went 0-3 against teams that went to the playoffs.

Both these players were on good teams. They had great supporting casts around them. Both had defenses. Both had offensive weapons. Both had offensive lines. Both had very good offensive coordinators. Sure, McCarron was kind of thrown in. But that's the life of a backup QB. While he may have been essentially a rookie starting for the first time, the same can be said for Osweiler.

"But Osweiler threw in games before 2015!"
Osweiler threw 30 passes in 3 years.
McCarron threw 4 passes in his 1 year before he was put into the game.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 06:15 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: A comparsion from Brock Osweiler's 8 games in 2015 to McCarron's 5 games in 2015.

Osweiler: 170 completions of 275 attempts for 1,967 yards. 7.15 yards per attempt. 61.8% completion percentage. 10 passing TDs. 6 INTs. 1 rushing TD. 2 fumbles. QB rating of 86.4. He went 5-3. Went 2-2 against teams that went to the playoffs.

McCarron: 99 completions of 156 attempts for 1,044 yards. 6.69 yards per attempt. 63.5% completion percentage. 7 passing TDs. 3 INTs. 0 rushing TDs. 3 fumbles. QB rating of 89.8. He went 2-3. He went 0-3 against teams that went to the playoffs.

Both these players were on good teams. They had great supporting casts around them. Both had defenses. Both had offensive weapons. Both had offensive lines. Both had very good offensive coordinators. Sure, McCarron was kind of thrown in. But that's the life of a backup QB. While he may have been essentially a rookie starting for the first time, the same can be said for Osweiler.

"But Osweiler threw in games before 2015!"
Osweiler threw 30 passes in 3 years.
McCarron threw 4 passes in his 1 year before he was put into the game.

Osweiler sucking it up in Houston also might make teams gun shy about throwing a lot of money at McCarron or
even a high draft pick. I am with you i think if we do trade for a pick it will be a mid rounder. I am doubting we
trade him the more i think about it.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 06:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Osweiler sucking it up in Houston also might make teams gun shy about throwing a lot of money at McCarron or
even a high draft pick. I am with you i think if we do trade for a pick it will be a mid rounder. I am doubting we
trade him the more i think about it.

I think the Bengals are now willing to move on from him. Mainly because of the head scratcher they did was week 14 they activated Jeff Driskel, a 3rd string QB. So maybe they want to keep him up to date with their offense so next year they can move on from MCcarron.

Also, don't forget, this is the first year teams can trade comp picks. So 4th rounder won't surprise me.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 06:29 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I think the Bengals are now willing to move on from him. Mainly because of the head scratcher they did was week 14 they activated Jeff Driskel, a 3rd string QB. So maybe they want to keep him up to date with their offense so next year they can move on from MCcarron.

Also, don't forget, this is the first year teams can trade comp picks. So 4th rounder won't surprise me.

Hope we get something out of the guy.

We are usually pretty good with our 4th round picks.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 02:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: These teams that MC Howley listed are all desperate. Maybe you guys are right and we could get 1st round value
out of the man. I sure as hell hope so. That would be awesome. BTW, i see Romo going to the Texans.

The Jets seem the most likely and i hope it is a lot more than a 5th round pick.

If the compensation for AJM is not at least a second + a third, the Bengals got screwed. I voted late first, early second in my mind that is.
Reply/Quote