Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What do we do if AJ wins?
Suppose AJ throws 5 really tough TD passes in the first quarter alone (ain't happening, but just play along).. Marvin forfeits the game in protest of the Squeelers throwing the game and we go home as a one and done yet again..
Strange I can actually imagine such a scenerio..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is Dalton's team. He was playing at a legitimate MVP level before being injured. While McCarron has played relatively well, he is nowhere close to MVP level. He does not have the experience or the command of the offense that Dalton does. When Dalton is ready to play, he plays.
Reply/Quote
You play Andy Dalton! Think about this do you really want a QB on his would be 5th start  to go up against a Bill Belicheck coached defense? Think about that for a second.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I can't tell if the people who ask these questions are McCarron fans, dislike Dalton, or don't understand football. If McCarron wins, you give him a huge high five, thank all of the Gods you prayed to, and keep hoping Andy can be ready for the next game. And none of that is coming from a guy who dislikes AJM. He just doesn't understand enough NFL football yet. The more we play him, the more film defenses get of him, the more they key on him, the more he'll struggle. That's the life of a young quarterback. Andy went through it. Carson went through it. Every quarterback goes through it... You do not want to have your young guy learning as he goes in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
It mainly depends on how healthy Andy is. I guess if McCarron comes out of nowhere and throws for 5 TDs, you'd be a little less inclined to rush Andy back.

That said, this is Andy's team. Once he's healthy, he'll be playing. If this team ever gets rolling in the playoffs, Dalton will as well. He's not a choke artist.

He just a small part of a much bigger problem.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
If AJM musters a passer rating of 67.1 or higher, he will have the highest rating since Boomer Esiason in 1990. If he plays well you roll with the hot-hand, with a very short leash.

If AJ or the O in general starts to struggle the following week you bring in Andy. If you make Andy the starter and he returns to playoff form; there is no way you can pull him for AJ and then expect to have a future with Andy.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I vote either Frankenstein monster or RoboCop their asses together.

[Image: th?id=OIP.M51ce816ebd44540f2e7164bc1ccb0...=297&h=168]
"C'mon Bodine... I'm ready for it this time MF'r"

[Image: th?id=OIP.M850ae6b92b3532d2e2f33dfb19593...=277&h=186]
"Katie you told me my magnificent magical red hair would be showing! This is bullshit."

Either way the O-line will have to block better because neither of the two aforementioned are very mobile.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
We do NOT.. have a QB controversy!

What if though. What if AJM beats the Steelers. What I mean by that is, what do we do next year?

AJM contract>AD contract

AJM probably deserves a starting shot somewhere if he beats the Steelers.

WHat do

What doooo

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 04:51 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: And plays pretty well in the process? Are we so eager to get back our original starter amd his 0-4 playoff record? If Mccarron wins and we beat the ****boy Steelers while purging the playoff ghosts of the past, who in their right mind will be in a rush to get the other guy back? Seriously, think about it for a moment....

We watch AJ hold the clipboard as Andy beats the pats the following week.
Reply/Quote