Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do we do in this scenario?
(12-13-2022, 02:11 AM)motoarch Wrote: as bad as the ravens have looked they continue to win anyway.

8th scoring defense, a run game that went for 215 without Lamar, and a HoF kicker will keep a team winning a decent amount.

Said this about Lamar's MVP year, too. Even with the production opportunity of Lamar's 176 carries fully taken away and replaced by nothing, they were still a top-10 rushing team with the 3rd scoring defense and probably the GOAT kicker. 

Just because Lamar Jackson is taking carries out of his RB's hands to add to his own stats doesn't mean his RBs can't produce. They have had 4 different running backs run for over 225 yards at 4.2-5.5 yards per carry this year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 01:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 8th scoring defense, a run game that went for 215 without Lamar, and a HoF kicker will keep a team winning a decent amount.

Said this about Lamar's MVP year, too. Even with the production opportunity of Lamar's 176 carries fully taken away and replaced by nothing, they were still a top-10 rushing team with the 3rd scoring defense and probably the GOAT kicker. 

Just because Lamar Jackson is taking carries out of his RB's hands to add to his own stats doesn't mean his RBs can't produce. They have had 4 different running backs run for over 225 yards at 4.2-5.5 yards per carry this year.

You read way too much into that.

I don't disagree with anything you're saying.  I was just saying they've looked bad lately.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 01:46 PM)motoarch Wrote: You read way too much into that.

I don't disagree with anything you're saying.  I was just saying they've looked bad lately.

And I guess I am just saying I hope they give Lamar $200m guaranteed. Just further seal the Bengals ownership of the division. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
If seeding is set, I want a Brandon Allen game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 12:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I have no idea what the possibility would be, but take your scenario and let's add this wrinkle: if the Ravens win, not only do they make the playoffs, but they then become our first playoff opponent. Do we still rest our starters or knock them out of the playoffs in the regular season? 

We tried that in 2010 with the Jets and the next game they beat us.  Mellow
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 02:17 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: We tried that in 2010 with the Jets and the next game they beat us.  Mellow

This is not your Daddy's Bengals and they have nothing in common with the 2010 team other than stripes.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 02:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: This is not your Daddy's Bengals and they have nothing in common with the 2010 team other than stripes.

I meant to write 2009 and you are right this team has nothing in common with that team. That team went  6 - 0 against the Browns, Steelers and Ravens. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote