Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think about Castillo 2022 allstar?
I saw the Reds will have Castillo represent them at the Allstar Game. Not sure he really earned it this year as I have questioned some of his pitches and games. Drury would have been my choice, but I guess they needed a pitcher. I understand the players determine the reserve representatives. May see Castillo throw a few pitches in the game.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
His first couple starts this season he struggled a good bit IIRC. Since then he's just gotten better and better. As FSvinyl noted in another thread Castillo has had crap run support in a good bit of his games. He could easily have 2 or 3 more wins.

I'm good with it. Kind of shocked Drury didn't make it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Every team in MLB is required to have at least 1 All Star representing them at the game. Not all the pitchers pitch, so hiding token choices in the pitching staff is pretty easy.

Drury is primarily a 3rd baseman. He's not going to kick Manny Machado or Nolan Arenado off the roster, and he's not going to take the DH spot. Plus the fan vote no doubt factored in and good luck getting the Reds fans to give a shit about much of anyone right now. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/cincinnati-reds

Drury was more deserving but this will just enhance Castillo's trade value. So it's a good thing.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2022, 02:33 PM)Goalpost Wrote: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/cincinnati-reds

Drury was more deserving but this will just enhance Castillo's trade value.   So it's a good thing.

Yep I thought Drury would be the token Red.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2022, 02:33 PM)Goalpost Wrote: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/cincinnati-reds

Drury was more deserving but this will just enhance Castillo's trade value.   So it's a good thing.

If Castillo is on the trade block, I doubt he pitches in the AllStar game. The Reds won't want to risk injury in that game. At a minimum he will be lucky to see any playing time for the Reds.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 04:55 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: If Castillo is on the trade block, I doubt he pitches in the AllStar game. The Reds won't want to risk injury in that game. At a minimum he will be lucky to see any playing time for the Reds.

He will pitch at Yankee stadium on Thursday. If he does well against the team with the best record in baseball, his price tag goes up.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 05:49 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: He will pitch at Yankee stadium on Thursday. If he does well against the team with the best record in baseball, his price tag goes up.

I'm sure hoping he does well.
Reply/Quote
Maybe MLB wants to market the future Dodger or Yankee hurler? Tongue
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 02:03 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Maybe MLB wants to market the future Dodger or Yankee hurler?  Tongue

With another year of arbitration eligibility on his contract, he's going to be open to more teams than just the big spenders. Watch mid level markets like Houston, Minnesota, Tampa Bay and Seattle to sniff around along with the big boys in NY, LA and Boston.

I don't want to see him traded to a NL team. Outside of LA and NY, I see Atlanta, SD and maybe SF showing interest. Milwaukee and St Louis should not even be in the discussion.

Out of nowhere reference . . . I watch/listen to a lot of different games almost everyday. I started typing this with the Pit @ Mia game playing in the background, Pirates CF Jake Marisnick caught the last two outs in the first inning, caught all three outs in the 2nd inning and then led off the 3rd with a home run. Five straight put outs and a solo shot. Not a bad 15-20 minute stretch.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Castillo looking good tonight. Too bad he'll be traded soon.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote