Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think of Burficts 1st Game Back
I was impressed by the play of Burfict. He looked like his old self back there and definitely added something to the defense that was missing. How do you all think he looked after only practicing twice before this game?
Reply/Quote
Naw, he didn't, "impress," me, but he was involved in a lot of plays which made me thankful to have a guy around the play a lot, but he also took himself out of a few plays by being Taylor Mays 2.0.

Last time I will say it, I'm glad we won't have to see Vinnie Rey's slow, shitty in coverage self, on the field for the entire game anymore.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Naw, he didn't, "impress," me, but he was involved in a lot of plays which made me thankful to have a guy around the play a lot, but he also took himself out of a few plays by being Taylor Mays 2.0.

Last time I will say it, I'm glad we won't have to see Vinnie Rey's slow, shitty in coverage self, on the field for the entire game anymore.

I was shocked he was able to play that many snaps so any production was a surprise and a plus
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I saw several times where he diagnosed a play and did something to reduce the effect...even when he didnt make the tackle.

One I remember in particular was a screen to the RB. Burfict saw it, jumped over a guy trying to block him low, hopped outside and forced the runner back into the middle where the other players tackled him for a short gain. He simply saw it and got to where the runner wanted to go before the runner could. It was a thing of beauty.
Reply/Quote
First game in 365 days exactly, and he made the first two tackles of the game, and played way more than the projected 15-20 snaps. Nice to see, he is the missing piece to that defense. Rock On
Reply/Quote
With each passing week, Burfict will get better and better, more confident and turn this teams Run Defense into a top five unit.

From here on out, we will see an intensity never seen before out of the Defense as a whole.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
With Maualuga out with injury it was good that Tez was back.
Reply/Quote
He played around 30 snaps, had 5 solo tackles, and (as already noted) affected play in other ways. A good day for sure.
If only he could help Kirkpatrick play better Ninja
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:42 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: He played around 30 snaps, had 5 solo tackles, and (as already noted) affected play in other ways. A good day for sure.
If only he could help Kirkpatrick play better  Ninja

What did Kirkpatrick do that you have such a problem with?  Seems to me he had a good game.  
Reply/Quote
I thought Burfict looked good in general, but especially for not playing for a year. Like others have said, I think our defense will continue to get better the more he plays.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:45 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: What did Kirkpatrick do that you have such a problem with?  Seems to me he had a good game.  

Kirkpatrick looked lost on the first drive of the game.  I think they had 4 or 5 completions against him including the td.  but overall our pass defense was great.  The Steelers only gained 240 yards on 48 pass plays, and we held Antonio Brown to fewer than 50 yards.

Our LBs gave up most of the passing yards.  So Kirkpatreick was not that bad after the opening drive.
Reply/Quote
What do I think of Burfict's first game back? Amazed that he was able to not only make an impact, but also inadvertently take out the Steelers' best player. Defense played inspired = Win

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I said many times I thought it would take the better part of a year for him to be his old self. He made a liar out of me..... Good to have you back Vontaze!
Reply/Quote
Burfict played great! Or do you think it's just a coincidence that the defense looked great like it did in 2013 just because LOL!!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Kirkpatrick looked lost on the first drive of the game.  I think they had 4 or 5 completions against him including the td.  but overall our pass defense was great.  The Steelers only gained 240 yards on 48 pass plays, and we held Antonio Brown to fewer than 50 yards.

Our LBs gave up most of the passing yards.  So Kirkpatreick was not that bad after the opening drive.

Yup. Because Dre had to run across the field while Leon's man was in motion and Leon couldn't catch up, the TD was on him Rolleyes
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:45 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: What did Kirkpatrick do that you have such a problem with?  Seems to me he had a good game.  

He was toasted for the first 5 completions to Brown from what I saw. Add the many missed tackles from this season's previous games, and my opinion of his play is very low. I felt the same way last year. And the year before. And the year before........

We need better.

Reply/Quote
Burfict, for being his first game in a year played great. Like Beaker said there were a couple plays (like the screen) where you could see him diagnosing it and reacting, disrupting the play.

We don't have a lot of that from our LBers when he's not in there. He's a true difference maker and you could see his impact even in limited use today !
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Kirkpatrick looked lost on the first drive of the game.  I think they had 4 or 5 completions against him including the td.  but overall our pass defense was great.  The Steelers only gained 240 yards on 48 pass plays, and we held Antonio Brown to fewer than 50 yards.

You're right, after the opening drive he improved, though I think it was mainly due to taking him off Brown (at least for awhile). 
I may be too tough on him, but he just pales in comparison to most of the rest of our starters it seems. 

We're so close to being the best this year, and damned if I'm not enjoying it like crazy. Of course I can't expect him to have the savvy of Adam Jones, but I want him to ....

Reply/Quote
While everyone is piling shit on Kirkpatrick (and justifiably so), has anyone wondered what the defense would have looked like without Burfict calling the assignments?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I was impressed not hating on Rey but did you notice how much better our defense was when Burfict took over ?
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote