Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think of Burficts 1st Game Back
The thing that comes to mind for me watching Burfict is how many players could be out that long and come right in and play like that.

What it shows me is that #55 is truely a special player. His insticts and natural ability to play the position are exceptional and once he is 100% our D is going to be STOUT. Welcome back we missed you.

Who Dey!!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:37 PM)Beaker Wrote: I saw several times where he diagnosed a play and did something to reduce the effect...even when he didnt make the tackle.

One I remember in particular was a screen to the RB. Burfict saw it, jumped over a guy trying to block him low, hopped outside and forced the runner back into the middle where the other players tackled him for a short gain. He simply saw it and got to where the runner wanted to go before the runner could. It was a thing of beauty.

When I saw that play, and thought "Yep!!  He's back!"  I don't think it will be long before he is playing full time.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 11:14 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yup. Because Dre had to run across the field while Leon's man was in motion and Leon couldn't catch up, the TD was on him Rolleyes

Lol he doesnt watch the games
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 11:42 PM)Trademark Wrote: I was impressed not hating on Rey but did you notice how much better our defense was when Burfict took over ?

Eh, I'm not sure Rey's absence lead to him taking over.  Burfict generally calls the defense even if Maualuga is healthy.  Vinny Rey had done it in Burfict's place this season.  Maualuga may be the MLB, but he's not the guy getting them set.
Reply/Quote
Tez is the kind of guy that elevates the players around him. It was great to see him back in.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:12 PM)BengalsFan91 Wrote: I was impressed by the play of Burfict. He looked like his old self back there and definitely added something to the defense that was missing. How do you all think he looked after only practicing twice before this game?

I think his being back contributed greatly to us winning this game.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Tez made his presence felt on the very first play. Blew the blocker up and tackled Bell.. He was rusty for sure, but he definitely looks like his old self already.

As for those trashing on Kirkpatrick... he held one of the best WR in the league to 6 catches 47 yards (and yes the TD was covered by Leon), so I don't get the nitpicking.. The entire defense played valiantly today!
Reply/Quote
When the D holds a pretty high powered offense to 10 points, I think most of them had a good day. Burflict is a good LB and we need those.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 11:14 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yup. Because Dre had to run across the field while Leon's man was in motion and Leon couldn't catch up, the TD was on him Rolleyes

You are correct.  Hall was to blame on that play.
Reply/Quote
He looked rusty but his rusty was still better than all of our other starting linebackers. He made plays. Had some quality hits and diagnosed plays, rather than sit and wait.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
1 practice? He played his ass off.. Glad to have him back period. To be honest and I'll probably catch heat over it I'm glad he laid the wood on Bell and gave squeelers something to whine and moan and ***** about.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Kinda clumsy. He broke Pissburgh's porcelain Bell. That boy needs to learn manners!

Tongue
Reply/Quote
"I'm a dog, I'm competitive and whoever gots the ball, I'm gonna tackle."

Perfect quote from Burfict postgame.

Man, Its great to have him back.

Whodey!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:12 PM)BengalsFan91 Wrote: I was impressed by the play of Burfict. He looked like his old self back there and definitely added something to the defense that was missing. How do you all think he looked after only practicing twice before this game?

impressed he was back...

Happy he didnt get hurt..

I expect in about 3 weeks he will be back to his old self. But a good start.

Live reps are the best reps.
Reply/Quote
I was definitely impressed. I wasn't expecting much from him after missing so much time. Imagine what he would've done if the Steelers didn't keep trying to cut him on every play.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
“I don't know if you'd use the word perfectionist unless perfectionists use dynamite,” Lewis said. “But that's the kind of perfection he would have. He's not quite a sniper, he's more of the blast guy. He's not a sniper, he's a breacher. He's a first-off-the-boat guy.”

Marvin Lewis loves him some Burfict lol
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 06:21 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: “I don't know if you'd use the word perfectionist unless perfectionists use dynamite,” Lewis said. “But that's the kind of perfection he would have. He's not quite a sniper, he's more of the blast guy. He's not a sniper, he's a breacher. He's a first-off-the-boat guy.”

Marvin Lewis loves him some Burfict lol

That is probably the best quote I have ever heard from Marvin.
Reply/Quote

Amazed, simply amazed.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 01:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Amazed, simply amazed.

Yep!!!  You'd never know he was off for a year and had the surgery.  I can't wait to see what he does the rest of the season.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
The only real bad play I noticed was the Williams cut back run that went for a big gain. Burfict didn't get a good read on it.
Reply/Quote