Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think of Spring Training so far?
We've had 2 weeks to see some of the players and I must say that if the regular season started today, we'd be in big trouble. I know it takes time to prepare, but I expect progress. I'm not talking about wins and losses. But, I would like to see better hitting and base running. We are not necessarily a speed team. However, I hope we steal more bases.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2022, 09:33 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: We've had 2 weeks to see some of the players and I must say that if the regular season started today, we'd be in big trouble. I know it takes time to prepare, but I expect progress. I'm not talking about wins and losses. But, I would like to see better hitting and base running. We are not necessarily a speed team. However, I hope we steal more bases.

No matter when the season starts, we're in big trouble.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2022, 09:40 PM)Science Friction Wrote: No matter when the season starts, we're in big trouble.

Good point. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2022, 09:46 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Good point. lol

And I hate it, too. The Reds were my first love . I've been a fan for over 50 years. We were just two or three pieces from contending in the playoffs and now this. Thank goodness, as the baseball season winds down in August and September, we have the AFC champions  to look forward to.
Reply/Quote
The season is already a wash. It is Cincinnati and Pittsburgh for the bottom of the NL Central. Krall says the Reds are a much better team now, but I'm not seeing it. I'll watch from time to time when I am free to appreciate players like Votto and India, but the Reds aren't going to be a team competing for the playoffs and World Series.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote