Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does Marvin Lewis have to do to earn an extension?
First I'll start by saying I think Marvin should have been set packing years ago. That being said, what does he have to do this next year to warrant giving him another contract?

For me it would have to be AFC championship game or you're gone.

What does he have to do in your eyes?
Reply/Quote
**** Marvin. Doesn't deserve an extension or a HC job in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 09:59 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: First I'll start by saying I think Marvin should have been set packing years ago. That being said, what does he have to do this next year to warrant giving him another contract?

All he has to do is not retire.

Same as always.
Reply/Quote
For me, Marvin Lewis would have to get to at least the AFC Championship game to earn an extension and then it would be a one year deal for the next year to win the Super Bowl. If the Bengals make it to the AFC Championship game that next year, he would get another one year deal to win the Super Bowl. 

If he fails to get to the AFC Championship game, he gets fired. 
If he gets to the playoffs and loses in the first round again, he has to stop by every season ticket holders house and give them $100.00 each on his way out of town.
If he fails to make the playoffs, he has to stop by every season ticket holders house, give $100.00 and each season ticket holder gets to punch him in the face.

EDIT: If he wins the Super Bowl, he gets an five year extension to win another. If not, it reverts back to the above.
Reply/Quote
Breathe.
Reply/Quote
Lose!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 09:59 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: First I'll start by saying I think Marvin should have been set packing years ago. That being said, what does he have to do this next year to warrant giving him another contract?

All Marvin needs to do is to win one playoff game and he will have a lifetime appointment as Bengal coach. it would not matter what he did after that. 
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 10:52 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Breathe.

See.. I disagree. I think MB would be open to just having him propped up on this sideline. It about as much as he does now.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 11:20 PM)R3stangs Wrote: See.. I disagree. I think MB would be open to just having him propped up on this sideline. It about as much as he does now.

Can they fashion a machine that makes it look like he's clapping? I would assume so only if Mikey could write it off as a business expense.
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis = Weekend At Bernie's
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 10:15 PM)R3stangs Wrote: All he has to do is not retire.

Same as always.

This!  It's really that simple and yet I see more Marvin Lewis threads ad naseum!!
Reply/Quote

Just not die before next season will warrant an extension by Mikey Brownpants.
Reply/Quote
Go to another team. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Have an actual NFL level HC sit on the bench disguised as a player and do what he says.
Reply/Quote
Magically become Pete Carroll

Like TODAY
Reply/Quote
lose twice to Steelers next year and either not make playoffs or lose in first round and he will be extended

Atlanta fired their coach despite have a record very comparable to Lewis, hired an aggressive take no prisoners young coordinator whose football mind is in the 21st century,and signed Mack in free agency.

How much would Mack have done for our offensive line this year???

Could there be a better example of how Bengalis are a joke for retaining Lewis and Paul Alexander?
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 11:16 AM)bengals67 Wrote: lose twice to Steelers next year and either not make playoffs or lose in first round and he will be extended

Atlanta fired their coach despite have a record very comparable to Lewis, hired an aggressive take no prisoners young coordinator whose football mind is in the 21st century,and signed Mack in free agency.

How much would Mack have done for our offensive line this year???

Could there be a better example of how Bengalis are a joke for retaining Lewis and Paul Alexander?

Nope !

But I'm sure we'll stand pat with Bodine and Ogbuehi. And keep using PA's catch the defender after standing straight up lame ass run blocking scheme.
Reply/Quote
This is a trick question! In reality, he should be gone already. However, we are dealing with the logic of Mike Brown so I'm guessing all Marvin has to do to "deserve" an extension is be alive. I do believe that Mike Brown is currently working with geneticists to produce a clone of Marvin Lewis to keep in suspended animation until Marvin's death. Clone Marvin will take over the team and will receive a 30 year deal.
Reply/Quote
His only extension should involve a little blue pill.
Reply/Quote
Actually nothing, like he has been doing. Didn't he just get an extension! I rest my case! You know as long as we keep buying tickets MB is happy with what he's got! QUIT BUYING TICKETS to see losers play !
Reply/Quote