Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What does the Bengal's fight song have in common with the guy that killed Bin Laden??
I don't listen to many, if any podcasts, but I do enjoy a Youtube interview show with Shawn Ryan, of Vigilance Elite. Shawn is an ex-Navy Seal and CIA contractor and has had some really interesting people on, from Seal Team 6 guys, the Blackwater contractors who were (wrongly) charged with murder in Iraq, Bernard Kerick from NYPD etc. I just finished up his interview with Rob O'Neil, the man who shot Bin Laden, and will finish the interview with Eric Prince, founder of Blackwater on my way back from Florida on Wed. Anyway, back to the Bengals. O'Neil was talking about how after he got to DEVGRU (Seal Team 6) they were out someplace with no internet, and not much to do. He said he was so bored, he learned all the words to the Bengals fight song because he was bunked between 2 guys in his squad that were from Cincinnati. So now I wonder who those two guys from Cincy were. Just things to wonder about when nothing is going on.....
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2022, 08:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't listen to many, if any podcasts, but I do enjoy a Youtube interview show with Shawn Ryan, of Vigilance Elite. Shawn is an ex-Navy Seal and CIA contractor and has had some really interesting people on, from Seal Team 6 guys, the Blackwater contractors who were (wrongly) charged with murder in Iraq, Bernard Kerick from NYPD etc. I just finished up his interview with Rob O'Neil, the man who shot Bin Laden, and will finish the interview with Eric Prince, founder of Blackwater on my way back from Florida on Wed. Anyway, back to the Bengals. O'Neil was talking about how after he got to DEVGRU (Seal Team 6) they were out someplace with no internet, and not much to do. He said he was so bored, he learned all the words to the Bengals fight song because he was bunked between 2 guys in his squad that were from Cincinnati. So now I wonder who those two guys from Cincy were. Just things to wonder about when nothing is going on.....

Don't worry, they will probably write a book about it. Ninja
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Oooo...kay?
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2022, 03:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Don't worry, they will probably write a book about it. Ninja

Ain't that the truth. Went from secret squirrel "we don't exist guys" to being on every media source available. Still though, Ryan is a great interviewer and has some really interesting people on his show.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2022, 05:44 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Oooo...kay?

Ok, so what do you want to talk about since you chimed in? Abortion, gun rights, cops, Biden or Trump????? We've seemed to have covered the gamut lately, I thought something new might be nice. 
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2022, 08:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't listen to many, if any podcasts, but I do enjoy a Youtube interview show with Shawn Ryan, of Vigilance Elite. Shawn is an ex-Navy Seal and CIA contractor and has had some really interesting people on, from Seal Team 6 guys, the Blackwater contractors who were (wrongly) charged with murder in Iraq, Bernard Kerick from NYPD etc. I just finished up his interview with Rob O'Neil, the man who shot Bin Laden, and will finish the interview with Eric Prince, founder of Blackwater on my way back from Florida on Wed. Anyway, back to the Bengals. O'Neil was talking about how after he got to DEVGRU (Seal Team 6) they were out someplace with no internet, and not much to do. He said he was so bored, he learned all the words to the Bengals fight song because he was bunked between 2 guys in his squad that were from Cincinnati. So now I wonder who those two guys from Cincy were. Just things to wonder about when nothing is going on.....

Well, to be blunt the Bengals fight song is not exactly known for overdoing it with the words. One hour should be plenty sufficient to learn them.

Now if he had sung it while he shot Bin Laden, that would have been something.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2022, 07:04 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, to be blunt the Bengals fight song is not exactly known for overdoing it with the words. One hour should be plenty sufficient to learn them.

Now if he had sung it while he shot Bin Laden, that would have been something.

He did, but it's classified. Ninja The last thing Bin Laden heard was "Touchdown Bengals"
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2022, 06:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Ain't that the truth. Went from secret squirrel "we don't exist guys" to being on every media source available. Still though, Ryan is a great interviewer and has some really interesting people on his show.

ISA and Delta all make fun of the DEVGRU guys because of this. It's just the razzing they deserve for it among the tier 1 community.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2022, 06:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Ok, so what do you want to talk about since you chimed in? Abortion, gun rights, cops, Biden or Trump????? We've seemed to have covered the gamut lately, I thought something new might be nice. 

Just not sure why this was posted here instead of the Off Topic forum. Nothing really to discuss.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2022, 06:05 PM)basballguy Wrote: You're dumb.  Great contribution to this thread.

Tee hee.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2022, 09:59 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Just not sure why this was posted here instead of the Off Topic forum. Nothing really to discuss.

A) I didn't post it in this forum, it was moved here, and 
B) So don't participate. 
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2022, 06:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Ok, so what do you want to talk about since you chimed in? Abortion, gun rights, cops, Biden or Trump????? We've seemed to have covered the gamut lately, I thought something new might be nice. 

You might start with some links to your youtube video and any discussion of "Vigilance Elite."

An interview with Erik Prince ought to be interesting, as any argument defending the Blackwater killing of civilians in Iraq.

Interesting that a Seal would claim credit for killing bin Laden. Maybe we discussed that before? 
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2022, 10:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: A) I didn't post it in this forum, it was moved here, and 
B) So don't participate. 

A) didn't realize that.
B) I'll participate in whatever discussion I want to, even if it's me coming in and saying that I feel like this is a discussion for another sub-forum.
Reply/Quote

So he solely interviews a-holes?

Hard pass.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 03:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: So he solely interviews a-holes?

Hard pass.

Yeah, just believe what the liberal media told you to believe and don't listen to any other sources. FYI, after spending a decade in prison thanks to Hillary, they were finally cleared. They were put in jail for political reasons and all exculpatory evidence hidden. 
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 12:03 AM)Dill Wrote: You might start with some links to your youtube video and any discussion of "Vigilance Elite."

An interview with Erik Prince ought to be interesting, as any argument defending the Blackwater killing of civilians in Iraq.
Interesting that a Seal would claim credit for killing bin Laden. Maybe we discussed that before? 

Yeah, you really need to watch the Blackwater Massacre video. I thought they killed a bunch of civilians too, until I started doing research into it. These guys were sacrificed for politics.
Sure, I'll link them. You guys might find them interesting if you actually sit and listen to them. Most of them are around 3 hours. The Blackwater Massacre goes almost 6 hours. And say what you will about Erik Prince, the guy is impressive and has some very interesting takes on what went wrong in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The Blackwater Massacre    Shawn Ryan Show #011 The Blackwater Massacre - YouTube

Erik Prince, The Rise and Fall of Blackwater       Shawn Ryan Show #29 Erik Prince - The Rise and Fall of Blackwater - YouTube

Rob O'Neil     Shawn Ryan Show #27 Rob O'Neill - The Man Who Killed Bin Laden - YouTube

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 08:49 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, just believe what the liberal media told you to believe and don't listen to any other sources. FYI, after spending a decade in prison thanks to Hillary, they were finally cleared. They were put in jail for political reasons and all exculpatory evidence hidden. 

The blackwater guys were "cleared"? I know they got pardons from Trump.

https://indianexpress.com/article/explained/donald-trump-blackwater-contractors-pardon-controversy-nisour-square-massacre-iraq-7118285/

Oh, I listen to plenty of other sources.  But every person listed as guests are a-holes. I'm sure it is a fair and balanced look at the situation...lol.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 08:35 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: A) didn't realize that.
B) I'll participate in whatever discussion I want to, even if it's me coming in and saying that I feel like this is a discussion for another sub-forum.

B) No you won't. I ban you from participating further in this discussion. Hammer
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 12:09 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: B) No you won't. I ban you from participating further in this discussion. Hammer

Okay.

But I'll go start my own discussion. With blackjack! And hookers!

Ah forget the whole thing.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 09:31 AM)GMDino Wrote: The blackwater guys were "cleared"?  I know they got pardons from Trump.

https://indianexpress.com/article/explained/donald-trump-blackwater-contractors-pardon-controversy-nisour-square-massacre-iraq-7118285/

Oh, I listen to plenty of other sources.  But every person listed as guests are a-holes. I'm sure it is a fair and balanced look at the situation...lol.

You think these guys are a-holes because MSNBC tells you to think they are a-holes. Why don't you listen to the broadcast, which also includes an interview with the investigative journalist who found the evidence they were used as cannon fodder  and thrown to the wolves for political reasons by the State Department? Are you afraid you might change your mind? Naw, you probably will watch the video then pretend it doesn't exist.
Reply/Quote