Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What draft picks would the Texans have to give up for you to approve of trading Gio?
(08-05-2015, 10:31 PM)bearstronaut Wrote: I'd go for Brian Cushing and a third next year.

Closest to an enticing offer, at least Cushing seems reasonable. Or Hopkins.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 10:27 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Their center sure as hell would

Ben Jones isn't very good. 
Reply/Quote
Why is everyone always obsessed with trading good players if they are not starters?

Seriously its a good thing to have good players in reserve.

I wouldn't trade a proven contributor who is young.
Reply/Quote
Hopkins
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
why trade him?
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 06:48 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: No way would I trade him for less than a first round selection.  Gio is going to be a key part of the offense.   The deal would have to blow me away (1st rounder) to part ways with him, and even then I still might not do it. 

I would trade him in a heartbeat for a 1st round pick.  Especially when you consider most top backs go in the second round nowadays and he is now a backup.  A backup RB isn't as valuable in my opinion as a first round pick.  
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 10:29 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I would trade him in a heartbeat for a 1st round pick.  Especially when you consider most top backs go in the second round nowadays and he is now a backup.  A backup RB isn't as valuable in my opinion as a first round pick.  

The only issue I'd have with trading him for even a 1st rounder is that we aren't in Cincinnati Reds mode right now. We don't need to trade our guys for picks, if anything, we should be trading some of our future picks in an attempt to bring in someone that will make a difference this year.

This team is built to contend for a championship right now, we aren't building for the future. Proven solid players are a hotter commodity for this team than future prospects IMO.

Gio will be on the field more than your usual "just a backup" type of player. Let's not pretend he's going to be riding the bench unless somebody is injured, he's going to be a role player in this offense.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 10:34 AM)djs7685 Wrote: The only issue I'd have with trading him for even a 1st rounder is that we aren't in Cincinnati Reds mode right now. We don't need to trade our guys for picks, if anything, we should be trading some of our future picks in an attempt to bring in someone that will make a difference this year.

This team is built to contend for a championship right now, we aren't building for the future. Proven solid players are a hotter commodity for this team than future prospects IMO.

Gio will be on the field more than your usual "just a backup" type of player. Let's not pretend he's going to be riding the bench unless somebody is injured, he's going to be a role player in this offense.

I agree this team is in position to contend now.  I just like the idea of having two first round picks going into next season.  I love what Gio provides, but this team can be successful with Jeremy Hill getting the majority of the load.  He can be spelled by Burkhead who is shifty and can catch passes out of the backfield.

First round picks don't grow on trees.  You can never have too many of them.  If a team was desperate enough to make that trade (1st round pick for a guy who will never be a bell cow), I'd gladly take it.    
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 10:44 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I agree this team is in position to contend now.  I just like the idea of having two first round picks going into next season.  I love what Gio provides, but this team can be successful with Jeremy Hill getting the majority of the load.  He can be spelled by Burkhead who is shifty and can catch passes out of the backfield.

First round picks don't grow on trees.  You can never have too many of them.  If a team was desperate enough to make that trade (1st round pick for a guy who will never be a bell cow), I'd gladly take it.    

If it were literally any other backup on the team, I probably wouldn't even think twice before trading them for a first rounder. Having multiple first round picks is awesome, but I'd rather see us trading our high picks to get some playmakers right now if there are any on the block worth looking at.

I guess I just don't see Gio as much of a "backup" as others. I don't think Hill is going to get the 400 touches/2,000 yards as others do. I think Gio is an important piece of this offense, and I can't see trading that away when we have a team contending for the division and a possible championship.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 10:50 AM)djs7685 Wrote: If it were literally any other backup on the team, I probably wouldn't even think twice before trading them for a first rounder. Having multiple first round picks is awesome, but I'd rather see us trading our high picks to get some playmakers right now if there are any on the block worth looking at.

I guess I just don't see Gio as much of a "backup" as others. I don't think Hill is going to get the 400 touches/2,000 yards as others do. I think Gio is an important piece of this offense, and I can't see trading that away when we have a team contending for the division and a possible championship.

If Rudi Johnson could get 361 carries and over 1400 yards why can't Hill who is obviously better?  The two back attack when you have a talent like Hill is more a luxury than a necessity.  
Reply/Quote
1. The Texans aren't going to give up a 1st round draft pick for freaking Gio. Gio may be good, but ultimately we're talking about a backup RB who couldn't stay healthy when he was starting. Heck he got hurt the year before that too. 1st round picks are essentially gold in the NFL. I know we all love Gio, but other teams wouldn't value him that highly.

2. I like having solid depth at RB, and we're guaranteed to have Gio for this season and next season at a cheap rate. In order to trade him, I'd want a 2nd rounder or a player that would really help us. Of course, the Texans aren't likely to part with that much, as Arian Foster is only going to miss half the season.

3. People aren't going to like this, but I'd consider trading Gio at some point. He's a FA in 2017 and there's a good chance he'll go to some team that needs a starter and is willing to pay. I know people get sentimental on here, but it'd be wise to let him go and draft a cheaper replacement. Hill is definitely the RB we need to pay.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 10:57 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: If Rudi Johnson could get 361 carries and over 1400 yards why can't Hill who is obviously better?  The two back attack when you have a talent like Hill is more a luxury than a necessity.  

Why run Hill into the ground when we don't have to? When you're competing for a title, having a second good RB that year is better than having a future draft pick.

(08-06-2015, 10:57 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. The Texans aren't going to give up a 1st round draft pick for freaking Gio. Gio may be good, but ultimately we're talking about a backup RB who couldn't stay healthy when he was starting. Heck he got hurt the year before that too. 1st round picks are essentially gold in the NFL. I know we all love Gio, but other teams wouldn't value him that highly.

3. People aren't going to like this, but I'd consider trading Gio at some point. He's a FA in 2017 and there's a good chance he'll go to some team that needs a starter and is willing to pay. I know people get sentimental on here, but it'd be wise to let him go and draft a cheaper replacement. Hill is definitely the RB we need to pay.

1. That's the issue. They wouldn't be willing to give up anything significant for Gio, but Gio is worth more to the Bengals right now than a mid round pick or worse. I don't think Gio = a first round draft pick, but at the same time, I wouldn't trade Gio for a first round draft pick. Some people may not think that makes sense, but at the point the Bengals are currently at, I wouldn't trade Gio even if we got offered more than what he's worth since we wouldn't see the return until the future.

3. I do agree that this could be a good idea, especially if Gio continues to have even reasonable success as a RB2 and guy that catches quite a few passes out of the backfield. If the team knows he's not going to sign for a reasonable rate as a backup, I wouldn't have an issue trading him a year before his contract runs out.

It may sound strange, but I wouldn't trade Gio for a first round pick today, but I'd probably trade him for a 3rd round pick next year. I believe we need to get more out of him in the present time and that he's going to be a vital piece of the offense.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 10:57 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 3. People aren't going to like this, but I'd consider trading Gio at some point. He's a FA in 2017 and there's a good chance he'll go to some team that needs a starter and is willing to pay. I know people get sentimental on here, but it'd be wise to let him go and draft a cheaper replacement. Hill is definitely the RB we need to pay.

That's why I'm waiting a year before I'm taking offers. Better to get something for him if you know he's not in future plans.

Besides, he really didn't have a good year last year, injuries aside he didn't look the same as his rookie year. He shows improvement this year in a lesser role, he becomes more appealing to other teams. 

Win-Win
Reply/Quote
Would they be willing to take on Opie in the deal? (I know they're thin at QB too)........Gio & Andy for two #1's + a #4 sounds great to me. Let Jeremy take on the bulk (I think Wilder could be a decent rb2) and allow the  "AJ to AJ" train to leave the station a year earlier. Heck, I honestly think this proposed deal would pay it's dividends this season.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 11:33 AM)PacMan Fever Wrote: Would they be willing to take on Opie in the deal? (I know they're thin at QB too)........Gio & Andy for two #1's + a #4 sounds great to me. Let Jeremy take on the bulk (I think Wilder could be a decent rb2) and allow the  "AJ to AJ" train to leave the station a year earlier. Heck, I honestly think this proposed deal would pay it's dividends this season.

[Image: th?id=JN.Tto4840kHZkKBh%2bPXqDfuA&pid=15.1&P=0]
Reply/Quote
I'd give up Gio for a 2nd and Lynden Trial.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 11:33 AM)PacMan Fever Wrote: Would they be willing to take on Opie in the deal? (I know they're thin at QB too)........Gio & Andy for two #1's + a #4 sounds great to me. Let Jeremy take on the bulk (I think Wilder could be a decent rb2) and allow the  "AJ to AJ" train to leave the station a year earlier. Heck, I honestly think this proposed deal would pay it's dividends this season.

Hell I think they need a receiver too. Lets throw in AJ.

GIO ANDY AND AJ FOR JJ WATT DAMN WE ARE GOOD.
Reply/Quote
I would trade them Jeff Tarpinian, CJ Fiedorowicz, James Ferentz, big Louis Nix and next year's 2nd round draft pick for Gio today.  
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote

I get it. Trade Andy and start AJ in 2015.

That way we get Cardale Jones the next season. Did I guess right?
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Hopkins. Straight up.
Reply/Quote