Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What format?
Every Sunday I record, edit and make CDs of the Morning and Evening services for my church. If anyone wants a copy of whichever service, I get it for them.

I've been using Audacity Editor which is a free software download and it's really fantastic. I can fade in and out, add effects and all kinds of stuff. I've been burning my CD's in MP3 format and this format works in most players. There is one person though who can't play the CDs because they have an older player that doesn't play MP3's.

What format do regular music CDs use?

I've tried WAV, AIFF and I just burned a CD using FLAC but haven't test it yet. I've looked online for the format but they all say WAV, AIFF and MP3. They all revert to playing the CD on a computer, but that's not what I want, lol.

I guess I should test the FLAC format before posting this, lol.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
I would say WAV format should be used for older CD players.

However much older ones may only read from Audio Only CDs.

If you investigate online you should be able to find what I'm talking about.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 03:50 PM)FBengalsRocker Wrote: I would say WAV format should be used for older CD players.

However much older ones may only read from Audio Only CDs.

If you investigate online you should be able to find what I'm talking about.

I tried WAV in my car but it won't work. It just says "Reading Disc" and never plays.

I wonder if it is a Windows WAV file or what. I may investigate that.

MP3 works fine and I may have to tell that one person that I can't make them for her unless she buys a cd player that plays MP3's, which I don't want to do.

By the way, Audacity is really great if you're looking for a free editor. I'm loving this software and have no complaints since I've started this back in May.
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
I think I figured it out!

I'm saving and burning these as "Data" and not "Audio". Now, I have to figure out how to make "Audio" files, lol.

That's my project for tonight if I don't play WoW.

Thank you BengalsRocker for the advice and info.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 05:29 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I think I figured it out!

I'm saving and burning these as "Data" and not "Audio". Now, I have to figure out how to make "Audio" files, lol.

That's my project for tonight if I don't play WoW.

Thank you BengalsRocker for the advice and info.

dont know if its a current issue but some devices when i used to burn cds in the past would only read the + or the - but not both lol..

But setting up an audio cd should fix your issue.
Reply/Quote