Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happened ?
 I go to Florida fishing for 2 weeks ignoring all NFL/Bengals news & come back and apparently somebody has kidnapped Mike Brown & Marvin and actually made some good moves. I clicked on here yesterday for the 1st time in weeks and lo & behold the team has made moves that should pay off immediately. Can't believe this is the Bengals we are talking about. Yes, we are still saddled with Marvin but the FO did apparently get the message. Still setting here in disbelief. Clapping
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's The Twilight Zone. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 05:59 PM)Wyche Wrote: It's The Twilight Zone. Ninja

Let me tell you, brother, I've been blindsided. I remember a few weeks ago when Marvin was talking about how we had to get better at adding outside talent. We've heard that song and dance before and continued the Mike Brown Way. I have to admit, I am pleasantly surprised with the moves their making. Cautiously optimistic doesn't cut it though. Maybe I'm guarded optimistic? I applaud what they're doing and hoping it continues, but afraid they'll slip back into their old ways.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 06:13 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Let me tell you, brother, I've been blindsided. I remember a few weeks ago when Marvin was talking about how we had to get better at adding outside talent. We've heard that song and dance before and continued the Mike Brown Way. I have to admit, I am pleasantly surprised with the moves their making. Cautiously optimistic doesn't cut it though. Maybe I'm guarded optimistic? I applaud what they're doing and hoping it continues, but afraid they'll slip back into their old ways.

Yes sir.....total shock for me. I like the direction, but with Merv still here, I'm still a bit of a skeptic.  I will give the FO props this year though. Well done.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 05:52 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  I go to Florida fishing for 2 weeks ignoring all NFL/Bengals news & come back and apparently somebody has kidnapped Mike Brown & Marvin and actually made some good moves. I clicked on here yesterday for the 1st time in weeks and lo & behold the team has made moves that should pay off immediately. Can't believe this is the Bengals we are talking about. Yes, we are still saddled with Marvin but the FO did apparently get the message. Still setting here in disbelief. Clapping

Welcome back dude, fishin good? Heard fishing off the coast of Florida is the best! ThumbsUp

Cordy Glenn is one of the best LT's in the game when healthy and he got his bone spurs removed and is ready to go. Great value
in this trade as we still have a 1st round pick at 21 and we trade a 6th rounder for a 5th with the Bills. Then we pick up Preston
Brown, arguably the best tackling LB in the game. Chris Baker is an upgrade over Sims. Brought back Eifert on an incentive laden
deal...

No Bodine yet and hopefully not. But if we bring him back it will be on backup money cause we are drafting a Center early.

Good times. Cool
Reply/Quote
I'm still expecting to wake up one day to find out the cordy Glenn trade has be voided, pacman was never released and Paul Alexander is still on the staff :what:

It's almost impossible to believe this is all real
Reply/Quote
You've also missed the Browns going on a major roster overhaul, trying their best to imitate what Jacksonville did last season. However, you know how the Browns are, they'll end up with a collection of disconnected talent, rather than a serious contender.

One of the flunkies in Smack even made a thread asking who has more wins, Browns or Bengals..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Maybe it was Brown all along and part of the deal to keep Marvin here was to give him more control on who comes in as players and that is what is taking place now.  If that is the case, I am super excited for the Bengals future.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 02:19 PM)fullonbehavior Wrote: Maybe it was Brown all along and part of the deal to keep Marvin here was to give him more control on who comes in as players and that is what is taking place now.  If that is the case, I am super excited for the Bengals future.

Could be...
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 07:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Welcome back dude, fishin good? Heard fishing off the coast of Florida is the best! ThumbsUp

Cordy Glenn is one of the best LT's in the game when healthy and he got his bone spurs removed and is ready to go. Great value
in this trade as we still have a 1st round pick at 21 and we trade a 6th rounder for a 5th with the Bills. Then we pick up Preston
Brown, arguably the best tackling LB in the game. Chris Baker is an upgrade over Sims. Brought back Eifert on an incentive laden
deal...

No Bodine yet and hopefully not. But if we bring him back it will be on backup money cause we are drafting a Center early.

Good times. Cool

Fishing was great.
Reply/Quote
Let's just hope these moves pay off or we may never see them this "aggressive" (for them) again.

We see what happened last time it failed (Bryant).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
We are in for a crazy year. A 16 beat a one and the Bengals FO got busy before FA even started and then went on a roll.

The Chinese have this as the Year of the Dog. I have it as the Year of What's Next?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Blindsided for sure, I don't know what happened to "kicking tires" but I'm certainly glad it doesn't come even remotely close to being applicable this off season!
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
It seems unreal and I'd be pretty happy with these moves if this is where it ended until the draft, but I'm hoping we go all-out and keep on signing.

It would be incredible if we could sign a few more offensive linemen (even though we missed on Jensen) to help solidify us there. I think Pollack will help a ton, and my Bengalized brain thinks "he'll be able to work with what we have here to solidify our line," but my competitive brain thinks "go get more talent so he can coach them to be one of the top lines in the league!"

In the past, the front office would quit after these moves and be happy with the first of my two thoughts up there, but this offseason seems different and it seems like we're going all-in to win.

It looks promising!
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 08:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You've also missed the Browns going on a major roster overhaul, trying their best to imitate what Jacksonville did last season.  However, you know how the Browns are, they'll end up with a collection of disconnected talent, rather than a serious contender.

One of the flunkies in Smack even made a thread asking who has more wins, Browns or Bengals..

The key thing for Jacksonville is they had back to back stellar drafts on defense but were under performing because they didn't know what it takes to be good and win.  That's why they brought in veteran leaders who know how to get it done (and can still ball) to lead by example.

Next thing you know, AFC Championship Game.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 05:52 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  I go to Florida fishing for 2 weeks ignoring all NFL/Bengals news & come back and apparently somebody has kidnapped Mike Brown & Marvin and actually made some good moves. I clicked on here yesterday for the 1st time in weeks and lo & behold the team has made moves that should pay off immediately. Can't believe this is the Bengals we are talking about. Yes, we are still saddled with Marvin but the FO did apparently get the message. Still setting here in disbelief. Clapping

Nice to see you came back with a case of the clap!  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 04:45 PM)McC Wrote: The Chinese have this as the Year of the Dog. 

Cool

Where's the nearest fire hydrant? I'm excited!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 07:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Cool

Where's the nearest fire hydrant? I'm excited!

Are you sure that Year of the Dog is something that you really want to celebrate?  I mean, we've all seen those cat paws disguised as "teriyaki chicken"...    Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Aside from a 2 year extension for Merv, they've pretty much nailed everything. I haven't seen a better off-season since 2003.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote