Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The pain is almost over
Well, one more week of watching the Bengals blow another game is about all I can take. Need some time off to recoup for next year. I did predict the Bengals would have a bad year and go 6-10 back in June. We are currently 5-9-1. I was hoping I was wrong. My September prediction was 11-5 or 10-6 and share the division with the Steelers. Boy, that was way off. My suggestion since the Bengals and Ravens are both out of the playoffs is to play backups on Sunday like a pre-season game to get an idea about who plays next year. Plus, they get experience.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Playing our backups isn't exactly the largest drop off anyway at most positions. That begin said, I just hope for no injuries to anyone that go into next year... especially as the Ravens might be pretty miffed considering what they blew at the end of that game.
Reply/Quote
Pain is over for a while. It will start again next year.

A Bengals fan pain lasts a lot longer than one season.
Reply/Quote
The Columbus Blue Jackets haven't lost in December, and the Cavs are on their way back to the NBA finals... Shit's lookin' up already.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The pain will not end until we hoist the Lombardi at the end of a victorious season.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 07:12 PM)jimbengals Wrote: The pain will not end until we hoist the Lombardi at the end of a victorious season.

I don't see that happening until after Mikey Brown has retired or departed. He very well could stay on until he keels over.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Make the pain stop make it stop!!! Ohhhh god
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 06:52 PM)jason Wrote: The Columbus Blue Jackets haven't lost in December

That's what I'm clinging to.

Funny thing is, even after a disasterous season like this one has been, I miss it a lot during the off-season.  Around March I'll talk the wife into driving down to the 'nati just to go to the pro shop and be at the stadium.  Walking out of there after the final game in January it always seems like an eternity until August.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 09:21 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: That's what I'm clinging to.

Funny thing is, even after a disasterous season like this one has been, I miss it a lot during the off-season.  Around March I'll talk the wife into driving down to the 'nati just to go to the pro shop and be at the stadium.  Walking out of there after the final game in January it always seems like an eternity until August.  

Yes it does... This season has been disappointing. I started to have a bad feeling about it when Billings and WJ3 got hurt during training camp, and then Eifert not coming back until mid season... I was so excited for this season. I was hoping that Zampese wasn't bad, and that our young/new receivers would step up. The receivers didn't play bad, but Zampese was pretty horrid. The OL looked a shit ton worse than anyone would have guessed. The defense really didn't get their shit together until 2/3 of the season was over. Oh well, depending on what we do in the off-season next year we could be a good team again.
Reply/Quote
The off-season sucks. Feels like a large void in my life during that time. I tend to take every bit of good news and make it into great news, because I want a playoff and SB win for this franchise so bad. Yet, when we have an owner who doesn't care if we win the super bowl and a coach who's clueless on how to get there, it makes the heartache much more gut wrenching than it should. Now that most of us know our greatest players time has run, or is running out, I don't see a lot of hope in our immediate future. Specially when new talent sits on the bench only to guarantee the next year will be more stagnant than the previous one.

Reply/Quote
I always look forward to everyone's offseason-long rants about how horrible things are and how Mike Brown makes everyone's lives so unmanagable and all the letters to the front office to PLEASE do such and such so instead of predicting next season as usual I think we should have a pool for how many letters will be written and ignored. Winner gets season tickets.
I'm officially looking forward to seeing how badly the Reds manage the rebuild of the team. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 11:16 AM)grampahol Wrote: I always look forward to everyone's offseason-long rants about how horrible things are and how Mike Brown makes everyone's lives so unmanagable and all the letters to the front office to PLEASE do such and such so instead of predicting next season as usual I think we should have a pool for how many letters will be written and ignored. Winner gets season tickets.

Don't forget the off-season uniform threads.  Like manna from heaven.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 11:21 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Don't forget the off-season uniform threads.  Like manna from heaven.
Those are great, but my personal favorite off-season threads are those about 4th and 5th round picks that some people think will dominate. The guy never sees the field after preseason.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 11:41 AM)jason Wrote: Those are great, but my personal favorite off-season threads are those about 4th and 5th round picks that some people think will dominate. The guy never sees the field after preseason.

That happens with our first round picks too. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
The pain won't end until the Steelers (or any other team you hate) are knocked out of the playoffs. I think we are looking at a Steelers-Patriots AFC Championship game myself.
Reply/Quote