Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happens to the Bengal/Bills fans that bought tickets and can't come back?
Many fans bought tickets and won't be able to return if they redo the game.
For instance, I saw a lot of Bill fans in the stands.
Even many Bengal fans won't be able to return.
What then a half-empty stadium?
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I’m expecting a refund. I mean I hate it happened, it’s awful. But I paid a premium for premium seats for 6 people. Made hotel reservation’s and dinner reservations. I’m out a lot, and to some it shouldn’t mean anything to me because a man is hurt.
Reply/Quote
this is going to get VERY sticky.

NFL will push their exclusive resale market apparatus as a result of this. Will be sickening
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think all ticket sales are final. You'd hope the Bengals would offer a refund of face value even though some paid much more. Would be nice to offer a playoff game instead.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Tickets are managed through Ticketmaster and their policy is here.

https://help.ticketmaster.com/s/article/Purchase-Policy?language=en_US#Canceled

It looks like it will be up to the Bengals to decide whether they offer refunds if the event is rescheduled.  If they decide not to, those who can't make it could still put their tickets up for resale.  Another reason for the NFL to stop dragging their feet and make a call on what they're going to do.

Quote:If the event is postponed, rescheduled, or moved: your ticket(s) (including any additional add-ons or upgrades, such as parking) are still valid, and no further action is required. However, the Event Organizer may approve refunds, or the option to choose between a refund or a credit, for the event; any refund and/or credit policies are determined on an event-by-event basis by the Event Organizer, and may be subject to limitations set by the Event Organizer. If the Event Organizer approves refunds and/or credits, we will send you a notification explaining your options, and you may submit a request for a refund or credit. Alternatively, you may simply keep your ticket(s) to the postponed, rescheduled, or moved event.
Reply/Quote
They were saying before the game that some tickets were re-selling at over 500 percent face value.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 02:22 AM)Goalpost Wrote: They were saying before the game that some tickets were re-selling at over 500 percent face value.

The group of Bengals fans behind my season tix seats said they paid $1250/ea for tickets and the prices had gone up from there to over $2k/ticket. I felt horrible for them. 
Reply/Quote
I saw a news article Monday morning about some tickets listed for tens of thousands of dollars!

My wife, son, and I come up for a game from NC once or twice a year. Between tickets, travel, hotels, food, merchandise, we easily spend in excess of $2,500 over the course of 2 days. Certainly we wouldn’t be able to make it back up there for any rescheduling and wouldn’t get anywhere close to the value of the tix we paid for. It would be pretty devastating and I feel awful for the thousands of people it happened to Monday night.

The bengals have done a lot of talking about how much they love their fans over the last two seasons. Let’s see them put their money where their mouth is.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals may offer refunds, but you can bet it will be a face value of the ticket, not the extreme prices people paid on Stub Hub or wherever. The good thing for those who got tickets at fac value is they should be a very easy resell if the Commissioner would ever make a decision. I've looked at ticket prices this year to try to go to a single game. Since the season tickets sold out, the prices of single game tickets have skyrocketed.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:58 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Many fans bought tickets and won't be able to return if they redo the game.

You either Sell your Ticket or ask for a refund

If they play the game which still seems very unlikely so Refunds
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 10:20 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I think all ticket sales are final. You'd hope the Bengals would offer a refund of face value even though some paid much more. Would be nice to offer a playoff game instead.

Good luck with that one.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 10:20 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I think all ticket sales are final. You'd hope the Bengals would offer a refund of face value even though some paid much more. Would be nice to offer a playoff game instead.

Those playoff seats are mostly already gone to the season ticket holders who have been sitting in them all season long.
Reply/Quote
Who the hell cares if people get their money back for the game instead of bitching and complaining about that care about Hamlin and what about all the other people this happened to with no media coverage get your priorities in order if you want to spend thousands on an event that’s gonna last a few hours this is what you get so deal with it, i personally hope they don’t refund the money and just give all the money that was made for that game to charity
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:58 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Many fans bought tickets and won't be able to return if they redo the game.

I would think fans would get a refund.
And if they decided to play the game again, there's no way it would be half-empty.
Plenty of people would look to purchase the remainder of tickets for that game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
A lot of fans sell and buy tickets under the table. Twitter, FB, etc. Payments through Cash App, Zelle, Venmo, etc. Likely paid top dollar. They're not getting one penny back.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:12 PM)Drew F Wrote: Who the hell cares if people get their money back for the game instead of bitching and complaining about that care about Hamlin and what about all the other people this happened to with no media coverage get your priorities in order if you want to spend thousands on an event that’s gonna last a few hours this is what you get so deal with it, i personally hope they don’t refund the money and just give all the money that was made for that game to charity

Yeah! F you working folk! That's what you get for trying to get a small vacation from your daily grind. Losers.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:12 PM)Drew F Wrote: Who the hell cares if people get their money back for the game instead of bitching and complaining about that care about Hamlin and what about all the other people this happened to with no media coverage get your priorities in order if you want to spend thousands on an event that’s gonna last a few hours this is what you get so deal with it, i personally hope they don’t refund the money and just give all the money that was made for that game to charity

1. Nice run on sentence.
2. I would say “who the hell cares” would be the 70000 people who would be getting screwed if their money isn’t refunded.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:12 PM)Drew F Wrote: Who the hell cares if people get their money back for the game instead of bitching and complaining about that care about Hamlin and what about all the other people this happened to with no media coverage get your priorities in order if you want to spend thousands on an event that’s gonna last a few hours this is what you get so deal with it, i personally hope they don’t refund the money and just give all the money that was made for that game to charity

Most people, well probably not you since you feel this way, but most people are perfectly capable of caring about Hamlin and wanting money back for an event they purchased a ticket to which did not take place simultaneously. You know, kind of like walking and chewing gum...... Ninja
Reply/Quote