Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What happens?
(04-25-2020, 02:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Haven't you heard?  Burrow does not need pass protection.  Pressure has no effect on him.

Also make me wonder why people are excited about our receivers since Burrow doesn't need good receivers either.  

Yeah..I was thinking about making MB an offer for my services as a receiver since Borrow doesn't even need guys who can run at all, but then the thought of my 165 pound self getting tackled by a 240+ young dude just stopped being appealing especially since I can't run further than about 8 feet without stopping to catch my breath. That's really all Borrow needs though ...a 60 year old guy who has 3 stents and severe problems with leg strength and a bunch of arthritis in my hips..What else could a QB ask for?  Jeeeez..the guy has it easy with young players out there.   
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 04:57 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah but the new QB has had success...

Going in the book.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 04:46 PM)McC Wrote: I think you nailed it.  Cabin fever.

And he’s upset about Dalton. You can see it clear as day how much the Burrow hype bothers some of these big Dalton guys. Instead of letting people be excited they feel the need to tell everyone to be “realistic” (priceless coming from Fred who jumps on people all the time for calling themselves realists), and goes on and on about what Burrow did 2 years ago.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 04:57 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah but the new QB has had success...

Does he have a Super Bowl ring like the old head coach?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 02:05 PM)Tony Wrote: Fred, I gotta say you can be smug at times , but funny as hell bro lol. I needed that today.. I've been daying the same thing about the receivers lol. I Honestly think its gonna be hard to top CJ#85 , Housh#84 and Henry#15.. I had my doubts in 15' ,but I was so in , in 05' with that offense. Problem was Ohelete #26 and our defense was young and average. I wish Odell Thurman stayed healthy. He had like 6 interceptions his rookie year at MLB. That's insane.. 

Thurman might have been the best MLB in history had he stayed out of trouble based on his rookie season:  He had 5 INTs and 5 Forced Fumbles.  Ten turnovers, by one guy...and a rookie at that.  He would miss from time to time, and miss big, but he FLEW around the field.  So sad...
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And he’s upset about Dalton. 

Yeah, I heard the same thing last year when I questioned Zac and his staff.  I was told I was only being critical because I liked Marvin.  I was too stupid to see that our offense would explode and we would be better with our exciting new young head coach.  Dalton's career was going to be rejuvenated.

Remember that?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 05:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And if AJ and Ross don't get hurt... and if Ross actually runs the right route, runs it like he means it, and catches the ball when it comes to him.

AJ and Ross have played 30 games combined the last two seasons out of a possible 64, and only 8 games out of the last 32.

Super easy to stop guys who are in the tub.

I think I read this wrong...Did you mean to say how many games where Ross and Green have been on the field together?  Because that number is very small.  
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Does he have a Super Bowl ring like the old head coach?

You mean the one he got coaching the all time great defense assembled by Ozzie with all the HOFers on it?  That one?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, I heard the same thing last year when I questioned Zac and his staff.  I was told I was only being critical because I liked Marvin.  I was too stupid to see that our offense would explode and we would be better with our exciting new young head coach.  Dalton's career was going to be rejuvenated.

Remember that?

Zac sucked, but your boy can’t win without AJ. That simple.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:15 PM)McC Wrote: You mean the one he got coaching the all time great defense assembled by Ozzie with all the HOFers on it?  That one?

Yeah, the same defense that never made it to another Super Bowl without him.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:11 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Thurman might have been the best MLB in history had he stayed out of trouble based on his rookie season:  He had 5 INTs and 5 Forced Fumbles.  Ten turnovers, by one guy...and a rookie at that.  He would miss from time to time, and miss big, but he FLEW around the field.  So sad...

Better than Ray Lewis? C’mon man...

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Zac sucked, but your boy can’t win without AJ. That simple.

In 2016 Dalton was better without Green (3-3) than with him (3-6-1).

Not that simple.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, the same defense that never made it to another Super Bowl without him.

Just so we're clear.  He wasn't the HC.  He was a coordinator, which makes the point you were attempting to make no more than another troll. 

Reply/Quote
And...just like that, Fred goes back on timeout. I'll talk football with anybody. But life is too short for pointless bickering over nothing.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Does he have a Super Bowl ring like the old head coach?

No... But neither does the new guy. Wasn't taking shots at Marv.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:04 PM)McC Wrote: Going in the book.

I forgot about the book... Clearly the author has not.

I don't mind eating crow anyway. It's a tad gamey, but it becomes an acquired taste.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:15 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think I read this wrong...Did you mean to say how many games where Ross and Green have been on the field together?  Because that number is very small.  

Nope, that's just the outright total number.

Ross 
2018: 13 games played out of 16
2019: 8 games played out of 16

AJ
2018: 9 games played out of 16
2019: 0 games played out of 16

- - - - - - - - -

Games where they played together over the last two years is 6, but in one of those games Ross went catchless due to injury, and in another AJ caught one 7 yard pass in the first quarter before leaving due to injury (he hasn't played since). So if we're talking about games where they actually played played together rather than just being there briefly, it is 4 over the last 2 years.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In 2016 Dalton was better without Green (3-3) than with him (3-6-1).

Not that simple.

And in 2019 Dalton was 2-11 without AJ. Simple

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 04:17 PM)McC Wrote: 10-15 years of this horse shit in our future.  Woo Hoo.  Fred has become full on troll.  There was a time he talked football.  Guess we'll know that as the good old days.

Fred’s been a troll since the beginning. A few decent, knowledgeable posts here and there throughout the years do not change the big picture
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:43 PM)spazz70 Wrote: When you line up AJ, Boyd, Higgins and Ross and have Mixon in the flat out of the backfield?  How do you cover that?  Seriously, how?

Well you hope Bobby Hart doesn't get lit up like Xmas and Burrow has ample time, if he does at least Burrow can scramble and throw very well on the run.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote