Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if...
(12-14-2020, 01:26 AM)Nately120 Wrote: [Image: 220px-Porkys.jpg]

Haha that’s an unfortunate (albeit funny) misspelling. This is what you should have used though...

[Image: 5JRzwUv.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 01:23 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Ouch...ouch but true.  It is odd how recently there is at least one team that turns it on and gets to the championship game or even the SB via a QB playing above his normal level, and yet it's never us.  We never got our one shot even when we were making the playoffs 6 of 7 years.

2019 - Tannehill and the Titans
2018 - Goff and the Rams
2017 - Keenum and the Vikings/Bortles and the Jaguars
2016 - Ryan and the Falcons
2015 - Palmer and the Cardinals/Newton and the Panthers

I guess we coulda been there in 2015, but that just falls into the same category as 2005 for us.  So it goes.  We just seemed to be so consistent in not being able to make that 1 year run like so many other teams there.

Let's be honest the Dalton-Green era between 2011-2015 would have netted any other franchise at least 2 Championships maybe even 3. Yet This franchise under Brown couldn't even manage a playoff victory. Some of that is bad luck or bad Matchups but it's more to do with a front office not going the extra mile. Could we have signed an elite Edge to pair with Dunlap and Geno, Could we have signed that C to replace Bodine, Could we have traded up for a coverage LB?  
That's also not even mentioning that they refused to put significant money into team facilities.
 I would say that it's probably more frustrating to be a fan of this team than any other franchise in America because they don't try much less do.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:24 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: the Bengals lose out, badly. The coaching staff gets fired. They draft Sewell and hit on a couple other draft picks and pick up one of the 3 good guards out there in FA. They bring in what's considered a good, not necessarily great, young HC who is able to hire some experienced coordinators. 

Let's say, we look back 12 years from now, after a SB win or two with Burrow leading and Sewell anchoring the line and realize...

Zac Taylor was the most important hire in Bengals history. 

I love it, man!  You put a positive spin on all the doom and gloom.  We always said that you can't go halfway in a rebuild (although they sort of did by not getting picks for Green, Geno, and Dunlap earlier) but this is what you have to do sometimes to win big...lose big!  It wasn't intentional, but we also learned that there are some really good pieces here.  They evaluated a few young guys (Wilson, ADG, Kareem, Adeniji, Higgins) and have helped to foster a potential star (Bates).  

A solid draft (Sewell is a no brainer at this point unless some team offers a king's ransom for #3, which could still happen), sign a guy like Thuney, retain a few key pieces (WJIII, Alexander), and I believe the team can be very competitive.

A lot will say "No way", and focus on doom and gloom, but even with this line and two solid receiving options, I saw a brief streak where the offense looked really, really good.  

I have been watching Washington closely and their front four is insane.  I hope the Bengals use some FA dollars on Thuney, draft Sewell, and use their second and third round picks on the interior of the defensive line.  Spain (who got screwed on the holding call) can man the LG spot and I want to see Sewell at LT and Jonah at RT with Thuney at RG.  We would have guys like Johnson and Adeniji for depth (which isn't a bad backup crew at all) and the likes of Redmond, XSF, or even MJ (puke) as backup guards.

I have complete faith in Burrow in overcoming all odds.  Everyone said Palmer would never win after the history of the Bengals leading up to his drafting.  Then, after the quitter left and Dalton came in, the same sentiment existed.  Yet, they went to five straight playoff appearances.  Burrow will get them there too, but he will take them beyond the next step of just a playoff win.  This kid is going to win a Super Bowl.  And, yes, he will do it here in Cincinnati.  
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:58 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't think you all get it.

Imagine my scenario happens (of course it never will, because Bengals), but for the sake of argument, it does. 

It would happen due to a franchise QB and LT and some other good picks plus a few good FA signings. 

But the kicker would be, it all happened because the Bengals hired a guy that sucked SO bad, he allowed them to draft high enough to get two great building blocks--hall of famers even--that benefitted someone else in the future. So if it wasn't for him sucking soooooo much, it never would have happened. 

Kind of a reverse Bengals scenario. 

It would be considered the Covid Miracle of Christmas.  (And people will STILL be bitching on here.)
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
A good coach gets this team in the playoffs next year. Crap, Carrol would have them in this year.

There is talent on the roster. Grab Sewell and this becomes and incredibly sexy offense.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 01:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I would hope not. If you peak in college you’re Tim Tebow or Rex Grossman.

Ya know, I’ve always wondered... How come Jason white never got a shot at the NFL?
Reply/Quote