Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What if Burrow pulls an Eli on us?
(01-14-2020, 04:57 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: Would anyone really blame him for not wanting to play for Mike Brown? Does anyone believe they’ll actually build around him? Does Mike Brown even really want to win? I mean , does he want to win enough to really go after players in FA? Watching first take and Stephen A just kinda said what most fans already know.. Is he doomed here with Mike Brown owning the team?

Smith suggested he go to perennial powerhouse the Miami Dolphins LOL

Who cares what he thinks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:22 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: Anyone else worried he might just say hell no ti being drafts by the Bengals? There a lot of chatter about them ruining his career and Mike Brown being to cheap to build around him..

That is a popular and  tired narrative.  Joe is an Ohio guy, and he will honor the team that drafts him.  I can't wait to see him here.  Could this be the start of a new era in Cincinnati?  One that possibly involves a Championship?  
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Plus he already started the transition by stating he hates Skyline chili.

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/sports/2019/07/15/lsu-football-joe-burrow-sec-media-day-louisiana-ohio-food/1738204001/

I agree with him. Louisiana food is far better than Ohio food. 

That being said, with the money he will be making, he can hire Emeril as his personal chef. Doubt he will be "fast fooding" wherever he plays.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 05:19 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: That is a popular and  tired narrative.  Joe is an Ohio guy, and he will honor the team that drafts him.  I can't wait to see him here.  Could this be the start of a new era in Cincinnati?  One that possibly involves a Championship?  

Bring in a few decent Lineman, Re-sign Mixon, bring in a good LB coach and some talent and could be...

Excited now with Burrow coming in. He will be the pick and like you said will honor the team. Rock On
Reply/Quote
He will sign so he can get to his second contract ASAP. Nothing to see here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 04:57 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: Would anyone really blame him for not wanting to play for Mike Brown? Does anyone believe they’ll actually build around him? Does Mike Brown even really want to win? I mean , does he want to win enough to really go after players in FA? Watching first take and Stephen A just kinda said what most fans already know.. Is he doomed here with Mike Brown owning the team?

Let those gasbag talking heads parrot each other about the cheap owner (he made Carson Palmer one of the highest paid QBs at that time....He will make AJ Green one of the highest paid WRs).  The reality is that they pay their players that produce.  

As far as wanting to play "for Mike Brown".....Burrow is a smart kid.  He will look at this dormant franchise and think:  "Hmmm.  AJ Green, John Ross, Tyler Boyd, Joe Mixon...  I can win here and become a legend in the state of Ohio".  

This is setting up beautifully.  Just get out of the Dre K contract, trade Dalton, and try to sign Thuney (G) and Littleton(LB) and then the draft can come to you.  
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 05:23 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/sports/2019/07/15/lsu-football-joe-burrow-sec-media-day-louisiana-ohio-food/1738204001/

I agree with him. Louisiana food is far better than Ohio food. 

That being said, with the money he will be making, he can hire Emeril as his personal chef. Doubt he will be "fast fooding" wherever he plays.

Emeril sucks.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 05:29 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Let those gasbag talking heads parrot each other about the cheap owner (he made Carson Palmer one of the highest paid QBs at that time....He will make AJ Green one of the highest paid WRs).  The reality is that they pay their players that produce.  

As far as wanting to play "for Mike Brown".....Burrow is a smart kid.  He will look at this dormant franchise and think:  "Hmmm.  AJ Green, John Ross, Tyler Boyd, Joe Mixon...  I can win here and become a legend in the state of Ohio".  

This is setting up beautifully.  Just get out of the Dre K contract, trade Dalton, and try to sign Thuney (G) and Littleton(LB) and then the draft can come to you.  

You had me until John Ross...

Reply/Quote
Growing up a Nebraska fan I would think Joe would have instant connection and respect for Zac Taylor. Not too mention, if players like AJ Green talk ZT up the way he does, I think Burrow will be more than happy to come into this situation. When Burrow was in high school the Bengals were pretty good. He didnt grow up in the 90s y'all! He grew up watching Dalton to Green. Was he even born when we drafted Klingler? Just sayin. He doesnt have history of the Bengals burnt into his brain like we fans do.
Reply/Quote
He went to high school in Ohio, and went to OSU; Ohioans don't ditch Ohio like that (but he had to, just to get to the NFL!). Athens Highschool has already approved renaming their football stadium to Burrow.

He is the much better version of Baker Mayfield.

Hey may not be a LeBron (nobody is), but he could rescue Cincy from a playoff drought if they gave him an offensive line. He is an assistant coach on the field. The Bungles won't need a Defense if they had an offensive line.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 05:33 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Growing up a Nebraska fan I would think Joe would have instant connection and respect for Zac Taylor. Not too mention, if players like AJ Green talk ZT up the way he does, I think Burrow will be more than happy to come into this situation. When Burrow was in high school the Bengals were pretty good. He didnt grow up in the 90s y'all! He grew up watching Dalton to Green. Was he even born when we drafted Klingler? Just sayin. He doesnt have history of the Bengals burnt into his brain like we fans do.

Were 90% of the Steeler fans who talk about their 6 SBs even alive for 4 of them?  Also, Burrow was a Saints fan by his own admission so I'm not looking into his NFL team fandom as a means to validate his desire to be here.

I think Burrow will play here and be fine with it, but I don't think he's going to look at the NFL draft and say "OOooooh, I want to play where Andy Dalton did!  THE Andy Dalton!  Were the Bengals bad for a long time?  I didn't know that, I'm just a youngun."

Personally, I was born in 1981 and I'm very much aware that the Detriot Lions have stunk for almost the entirety of the past 60 years. Just an example, there. As long as Mike Brown is the owner and GM the Bengals' past is the Bengals' present.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 05:38 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He went to high school in Ohio, and went to OSU; Ohioans don't ditch Ohio like that (but he had to, just to get to the NFL!). Athens Highschool has already approved renaming their football stadium to Burrow.

He is the much better version of Baker Mayfield.

Yet another weird comparison.

Burrow is 6’4 and not a dbag

Mayfield is only 6’1 and is a giant dbag

The only thing they have in common is they will both be #1 picks playing in Ohio.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 05:02 PM)corpjet Wrote: What if Aunt Nell had balls would you call her Uncle Ted?

Uncle Nell....
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 05:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Were 90% of the Steeler fans who talk about their 6 SBs even alive for 4 of them?  Also, Burrow was a Saints fan by his own admission so I'm not looking into his NFL team fandom as a means to validate his desire to be here.

I think Burrow will play here and be fine with it, but I don't think he's going to look at the NFL draft and say "OOooooh, I want to play where Andy Dalton did!  THE Andy Dalton!  Were the Bengals bad for a long time?  I didn't know that, I'm just a youngun."

Personally, I was born in 1981 and I'm very much aware that the Detriot Lions have stunk for almost the entirety of the past 60 years.  Just an example, there.  As long as Mike Brown is the owner and GM the Bengals' past is the Bengals' present.

I'm sure the Saints would love to get Burrow. I'm sure it'd be a dream for him to play there, also, but also a shock. Can you imagine being a kid at that age and playing for the Chicago Bulls, the same team Jordan played for? It wouldn't sense to him anyway.

Come win some playoff games in Cincy, play out your contract, and someone will steal you away in free agency. We'll be OK with that, lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 05:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yet another weird comparison.

Burrow is 6’4 and not a dbag

Mayfield is only 6’1 and is a giant dbag

The only thing they have in common is they will both be #1 picks playing in Ohio.

It's not a weird comparison, they're both QBs, they both have fire in them, they both will be playing in Ohio, and they're both #1 picks. That's 4 things already lol. You'd be bad at Guess Who...
"Is your character 6'3, a giant Dbag, with brown hair, no wins, and plays in OHio?"
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 05:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Smith suggested he go to perennial powerhouse the Miami Dolphins LOL

Who cares what he thinks.

He has a TV show...you, do not...lol  :andy:

SAS carries ESPN.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 05:48 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He has a TV show...you, do not...lol  :andy:

SAS carries ESPN.

ESPN has been a joke for like a decade. That’s why they had to lay off hundreds of people a few years ago.

It was fine when they were the only game in town, but nobody gets their information from them anymore. Not when there’s far better sources online.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 05:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: ESPN has been a joke for like a decade. That’s why they had to lay off hundreds of people a few years ago.

It was fine when they were the only game in town, but nobody gets their information from them anymore. Not when there’s far better sources online.

That's fine, he still has a TV show, I do agree his opinion is story tale sometimes only because they want arguments with Max. Seems like if there's a racial issue also they also reverse who is taking which side. I'm sure I can find some CHris Broussard quotes that you would say are also worthless, but maybe not if you're a Fox news viewer.
Reply/Quote
Stephen A. Smith, Jason Whitlock, Mark Schlereth have all been publicly spouting for Burrow to sit out and force a trade out of Cincy. He has to be hearing this crap and it does worry me just a little.
Reply/Quote
Please make this stop...

Reply/Quote