Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What if Burrow pulls an Eli on us?
(01-14-2020, 06:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Please make this stop...

It won’t until April 23
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Anyone listen to his postgame interview where talked about breaking the “Burrow family curse”

He mentioned how his dad lost multiple Grey Cups, his brothers always came up short, etc

He’s going to break our playoff curse.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:22 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: Anyone else worried he might just say hell no ti being drafts by the Bengals? There a lot of chatter about them ruining his career and Mike Brown being to cheap to build around him..

The thought crossed my mind,  but of John Elway drafted by Baltimore Colts and saying he wouldn't sign with them.  It has happened.  You are correct that Bengals better make sure he is coming here if they draft him.  Colts got burned on taking Elway top of draft just to see him end up at Broncos. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
So an older QB (24) is going to go to war with Mike Brown and threaten to not play for him????????????

I have as much chance as getting together with Christie Brinkley as Burrow refusing to play of any NFL team in 2020. Smirk
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 05:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Were 90% of the Steeler fans who talk about their 6 SBs even alive for 4 of them?  Also, Burrow was a Saints fan by his own admission so I'm not looking into his NFL team fandom as a means to validate his desire to be here.

I think Burrow will play here and be fine with it, but I don't think he's going to look at the NFL draft and say "OOooooh, I want to play where Andy Dalton did!  THE Andy Dalton!  Were the Bengals bad for a long time?  I didn't know that, I'm just a youngun."

Personally, I was born in 1981 and I'm very much aware that the Detriot Lions have stunk for almost the entirety of the past 60 years.  Just an example, there.  As long as Mike Brown is the owner and GM the Bengals' past is the Bengals' present.

Fortunately for us, the Bengals made it to the playoffs a good handful of times in recent years. We wont totally shed the rep from the 90s away until we actually win a playoff game though and I do get that. Im thankful I didnt grow up a Lions fan lol. At least the Bengals did give us a few exciting years!
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 06:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Anyone listen to his postgame interview where talked about breaking the “Burrow family curse”

He mentioned how his dad lost multiple Grey Cups, his brothers always came up short, etc

He’s going to break our playoff curse.

I believe it the more I watch of Burrow, think he will be great honestly. Add some decent O-lineman and get a scheme similar to 
the LSU scheme around him and I do truly believe you could be right and we win a Playoff game soon. Burrow plays his best in the
big games it seems unlike Dalton. He could carry this team to new heights. He has everything you want in a Franchise QB.

His pocket awareness is off the charts to go along with his smarts, accuracy and most of all, his fire to become great and prove 
people wrong. Perfect time to be the #1 pick, we just might of finally lucked out and could finally be destined for something great.
Reply/Quote
Has ANYONE EVER in the History of the Bengals franchise refused to play for us after being drafted?
Eli was a spoilt little shit who's dad had his head screwed by horror stories before the draft.
I have know idea why fans on here are constantly coming out with things like this.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 10:57 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Has ANYONE EVER in the History of the Bengals franchise refused to play for us after being drafted?
Eli was a spoilt little shit who's dad had his head screwed by horror stories before the draft.
I have know idea why fans on here are constantly coming out with things like this.

Our players at least are here awhile before refusing to play lol

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 11:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Our players at least are here awhile before refusing to play lol

Well yes that is true
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:25 PM)Okeana Wrote: not worried at all.  The guy is from Ohio is from better stock than that.

Just a reminder that Rapistburger is also from Ohio. Born, HS, and College.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 11:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just a reminder that Rapistburger is also from Ohio. Born, HS, and College.

Bad seed.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 11:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just a reminder that Rapistburger is also from Ohio. Born, HS, and College.

Pittsburgh ruined him lol

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 11:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pittsburgh ruined him lol

Ruins a lot of folks.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 05:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Idiotic question.  She'd obviously be Uncle Neil.

In some families she'd become Uncle daddy..  Ninja
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
What if were just the equivalent of gut bacteria to a higher dimensional being?
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 10:57 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Has ANYONE EVER in the History of the Bengals franchise refused to play for us after being drafted?

Ricky Hunley held out for ridiculous demands...but even though i think he said he didn't want to play for the Bengals, i can't really confirm it. 

He came back to coach LBs when Marv got here, then got his ass fired a few years later. 

Pepridge Farm remembers but Mike Brown never forgets. 

The Bengals were going to draft Steve Young but a USFL owner offered him a ridiculous amount of money, so his decision was more than likely money motivated. It does make you think though...NFL Bengals or USFL. Hmm

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 01:10 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ricky Hunley held out for ridiculous demands...but even though i think he said he didn't want to play for the Bengals, i can't really confirm it. 

He came back to coach LBs when Marv got here, then got his ass fired a few years later. 

Pepridge Farm remembers but Mike Brown never forgets. 

The Bengals were going to draft Steve Young but a USFL owner offered him a ridiculous amount of money, so his decision was more than likely money motivated. It does make you think though...NFL Bengals or USFL. Hmm

The new CBA changed the rookie pool forever. Since 2011,not 1 # draft pick has refused to play for any team.

That is a fact and not some BS theory.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 01:19 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The new CBA changed the rookie pool forever. Since 2011,not 1 # draft pick has refused to play for any team.

That is a fact and not some BS theory.

The question was if anyone has ever refused to play for the Bengals. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

To be fair to Archie....he played for the Aints....who were even worse than Son of Paul's abomination. He knows a thing or two about piss poor organizations.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:48 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: To be fair to Archie....he played for the Aints....who were even worse than Son of Paul's abomination. He knows a thing or two about piss poor organizations.

And when the Saints finally got an elite QB (and HC) they won a Super Bowl...

The Saints are actually one case that gives me a glimmer of hope. They were bad forever too until they got Brees/Payton.

Reply/Quote