Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What if Burrow pulls an Eli on us?
Well hopefully this puts the “Eli” scenario to rest. Burrow family says he would never refuse to play for the team that drafts him and are getting annoyed at that narrative.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-joe-burrows-family-annoyed-by-talk-qb-could-pull-an-eli-manning/ar-BBZgIMQ
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 01:25 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Well hopefully this puts the “Eli” scenario to rest. Burrow family says he would never refuse to play for the team that drafts him and are getting annoyed at that narrative.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-joe-burrows-family-annoyed-by-talk-qb-could-pull-an-eli-manning/ar-BBZgIMQ

I mean... can't this be an inkling that a deal has already been done/is close to being done?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 01:37 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I mean... can't this be an inkling that a deal has already been done/is close to being done?

I think the Nebraska connection between Taylor and the Burrow family is enough to assume Burrow is the pick, based off Taylor’s penchant for having people around him that he has a past relationship with.

The marketing and money making of having a Heisman and National Championship winner is enough to sell MB on.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 01:37 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I mean... can't this be an inkling that a deal has already been done/is close to being done?

sure but they just cant say....  Gotta preserve them draft ratings
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 01:25 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Well hopefully this puts the “Eli” scenario to rest. Burrow family says he would never refuse to play for the team that drafts him and are getting annoyed at that narrative.

I am annoyed as well with this narrative...
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 01:57 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: sure but they just cant say....  Gotta preserve them draft ratings

Actually the team with the number one pick is allowed to sign the player before the draft.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 02:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am annoyed as well with this narrative...

Same here.  

"Pulling an Eli" was a naughty game Peyton had to play when he lost a bet to his brother.  It offends me to hear people suggesting Joe would do such a thing.

Especially "on us".
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 05:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You had me until John Ross...

Replace ross with tate and it looks great. Really liking how much of a baller tate is. The guy just flat out has hands. Watch some of those catches that he made last year. Seems like if its anywhere near him he is coming down with it.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 12:06 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: After i graduate college, I am going to be Joe's crawfish guy. No need to worry about him pulling a Eli. (I hope he doesnt pull a Eli he barely went over .500 to finish his career)

bring us 2 superbowls I dont care what you do to finish your career. Hell 1 would be amazing but 2?!?!
Reply/Quote
"The Brown family announces they're trading the #1 pick for a few late round compensation picks!" BOY! What could possibly thrill fans more than comp picks? ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 04:37 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I wouldn't say he passed on meeting with the coaches.  I'm sure he has plenty of time for that in the next few months.

He's banged up from the title game.  I don't see the point in him playing either.  I thought I read that he was going to be down at the Senior Bowl for a little while.

He literally has torn cartilage in his ribs. I'm sure the Bengals understand.

Well there you go. Great news for us.

(01-24-2020, 01:47 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think the Nebraska connection between Taylor and the Burrow family is enough to assume Burrow is the pick, based off Taylor’s penchant for having people around him that he has a past relationship with.

The marketing and money making of having a Heisman and National Championship winner is enough to sell MB on.

It's a dream scenario for both sides, it seems. Joe is an Ohio native, his gf is from Mason, there's a Nebraska connection between HC and Joe, etc.

The Bengals would probably take him regardless, but the fact that he (appears) to want to come home and play for the Bengals is icing. Not to mention the built in connection with the HC.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
And a new report today straight from the horse’s mouth:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/25/joe-burrow-whoever-wants-to-pay-me-to-play-football-ill-play-for/
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 04:35 PM)RASCAL Wrote: has nothing to do with the bengals total record!! You people pick and choose like you have every other tooth!

You're the one picking and choosing. You replied to a post that was specifically about Dalton and his "toughness" behind the Bengals line. 

You changed it to total record, which makes ZERO sense, based on the post you quoted. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2020, 02:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You're the one picking and choosing. You replied to a post that was specifically about Dalton and his "toughness" behind the Bengals line. 

You changed it to total record, which makes ZERO sense, based on the post you quoted. 

Then obviously you aren't able to comprehend reading! I feel sorry for you.

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2020, 03:07 AM)RASCAL Wrote: Then obviously you aren't able to comprehend reading! I feel sorry for you.

uhm... Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2020, 03:07 AM)RASCAL Wrote: Then obviously you aren't able to comprehend reading! I feel sorry for you.

Ok. This is a complete waste of time and it's 1:22am but i'm...in an "altered" state of mind so w/e...

Here's the post you replied to. 

(01-16-2020, 10:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You don't think he is as tough as Dalton or as good at avoiding the rush?

The post you replied to was specifically about Dalton. Dalton missed 3 games when Finley started, so Dalton played in 13 games. The Bengals record when Dalton started, the post you first replied to, was 2-11. 

You're welcome. 

Reply/Quote
I though thtere is only one member here who gets whacked off, he has whacked in his username I think.
Reply/Quote
Maybe we should all worry about what happens if a pandemic kills us all before Burrow takes his first snap as a bengal!  Nervous I'm just getting my excuses ready in case he's a flop.  Mellow

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2020, 02:26 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: And a new report today straight from the horse’s mouth:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/25/joe-burrow-whoever-wants-to-pay-me-to-play-football-ill-play-for/

Not to worry..The most important element, the comment section there is already busy dissecting every syllable, comma, period, etc., searching for any excuse possible for Joe to do an about face and believe it or not they seem to think Joe is doomed for even considering playing for the bengals.. How can that even be possible? Doesn't every fan in the world love Mike Brown and the bengals? 

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2020, 10:29 PM)grampahol Wrote: Not to worry..The most important element, the comment section there is already busy dissecting every syllable, comma, period, etc., searching for any excuse possible for Joe to do an about face and believe it or not they seem to think Joe is doomed for even considering playing for the bengals.. How can that even be possible? Doesn't every fan in the world love Mike Brown and the bengals? 

Well I love the Bengals and not Mike Brown...

Is there something wrong with me Gramps?
Reply/Quote