Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What if Burrow pulls an Eli on us?
Anyone else worried he might just say hell no ti being drafts by the Bengals? There a lot of chatter about them ruining his career and Mike Brown being to cheap to build around him..
Reply/Quote
Nope, not concerned one bit. Joe is a competitor and wants a challenge.
Reply/Quote
not worried at all. The guy is from Ohio is from better stock than that.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Plus he already started the transition by stating he hates Skyline chili.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd be shocked if he does. He's not a diva like Eli and Elway are.
Reply/Quote
Did Browns fandom have to deal with this question being asked every year they were picking #1 overall?

It's not going to happen. Entertaining the thought is a pointless exercise.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:33 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Did Browns fandom have to deal with this question being asked every year they were picking #1 overall?

It's not going to happen. Entertaining the thought is a pointless exercise.

I feel like they did hear it from the media and other fans, but at the end of the day the kids getting drafted are competitors. I’m sure the money and honor of going number 1 doesn’t hurt either. I feel like it’s more a media item that helps fill time in the offseason or fan trash talk than something that is an actual concern.

Would really suck if it happened though.
Reply/Quote
We’ve already had this exact goddamn thread.

JFC LET US BE EXCITED FOR ONE ***** DAY

Reply/Quote
Then we draft him
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
He'll be playing about 2.5 hours from where he grew up, so I doubt it....
Reply/Quote
I'm not worried about him holding out on draft day, but unless things change in these parts I could see him being a "not automatic" extension signing after his rookie contract is up. Palmer and Dalton both wanted to be here on day 1, too.
Reply/Quote
Joe don't do this to me
Reply/Quote
I don't care if Joe refuses to play for The Chargers
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 03:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not worried about him holding out on draft day, but unless things change in these parts I could see him being a "not automatic" extension signing after his rookie contract is up. Palmer and Dalton both wanted to be here on day 1, too.

You give two examples of QB’s that both singed extensions, but are worried the next guy won’t sign an extension...

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 03:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You give two examples of QB’s that both singed extensions, but are worried the next guy won’t sign an extension...

Yes, that's a bit of a "fool me thrice" sort of situation.  What strikes me about this is the notion that we are supposed to believe that Burrow is going to want to be here because he is a competitor and he wants to win, but we also have to believe that he's going to accept a front office that isn't a competitor and doesn't seem to really try to win.

It's a bit of a false equivalence.  People who want to succeed and win and get stuff done aren't always going to accept the role of carrying other people.  We can spin in that Burrow playing for the Bengals (IF IF IF they Bengals FO stays as lazy as always) is him wanting to win, but we can also argue that people who are happy to play for the Bengals are punching a clock and collecting a paycheck.

If Burrow is such a fiery competitor that he wants more than anything to go to a franchise that isn't trying its best to compete, good for us.  It would be funny if he said that, too.  I'm such a competitor I want to go full "HARD MODE" on my career and drag Mike Brown's lazy ass to the promised land.  Call me the WheelBurrow, because I'm going to be hauling a load of manure!

(01-14-2020, 02:33 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Did Browns fandom have to deal with this question being asked every year they were picking #1 overall?

It's not going to happen.  Entertaining the thought is a pointless exercise.

If I recall correctly, prior to the 2018 draft Josh Rosen said he wouldn't want to be picked by the Browns and Sam Darnold said he'd welcome the challenge of being picked by the Browns and they went with Baker Mayfield.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We’ve already had this exact goddamn thread.

JFC LET US BE EXCITED FOR ONE ***** DAY

Sorry I haven’t been on in awhile and I didn’t search discussions threads before posting.
Reply/Quote
Would anyone really blame him for not wanting to play for Mike Brown? Does anyone believe they’ll actually build around him? Does Mike Brown even really want to win? I mean , does he want to win enough to really go after players in FA? Watching first take and Stephen A just kinda said what most fans already know.. Is he doomed here with Mike Brown owning the team?
Reply/Quote
What if Aunt Nell had balls would you call her Uncle Ted?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 05:02 PM)corpjet Wrote: What if Aunt Nell had balls would you call her Uncle Ted?

Idiotic question.  She'd obviously be Uncle Neil.
Reply/Quote
[quote='corpjet' pid='825626' dateline='1579032157']
What if Aunt Nell had balls would you call her Uncle Ted?
[/quote

If Aunt Nell wanted to be called Ted , Sure
Reply/Quote