Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What if Burrow pulls an Eli on us?
And do to the Bengals what Eli did to the Chargers, that would really suck
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 02:04 PM)BengalsFan1986 Wrote: I’m not too worried about him pulling an Eli just yet, but what is really getting to me is the number of media members ENCOURAGING him to pull an Eli at this point. I feel like it usually comes up as a talking point in the months leading up to the draft, but I really can’t remember this many “pundits” making it sound like it’s the right thing to do. Especially this early in the process.

I get us fans being frustrated and pessimistic about the owners, but what did Mike Brown do to these guys to make them hate this franchise so much? Instead of talking up how much Burrow, an Ohio guy, could mean to the direction of the franchise, all they want to talk about is how he should force a trade and end up in a better situation, like Miami or Carolina. What kind of success have those franchises had that make them desirable locations to force a trade to? Just doesn’t make sense.

Eh, anybody with a brain should take these media hacks opinions with a grain of salt and toss it over there shoulder like a dead deer.

Burrow is a very smart person the last time I noticed. 

(01-16-2020, 02:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I think the issue is that someone claimed Burrow would get "destroyed" by our OL. And fred responded by wondering if they think Dalton is tougher and/or better at eluding sacks than Burrow.

Burrow is way better at eluding sacks than Dalton. Burrow is as Nicomo said, tough as nails.

(01-16-2020, 02:45 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Mike Brown has a plethora of faults (Yes, El Guapo: a plethora). But, one of those faults which works in our favor in this situation is his stubbornness. Mike Brown will NOT be dictated to by an unproven rookie. Whoever is drafted by the Bengals will either play for the Bengals or will not play in the NFL. It's really that simple. I don't know why people are so worried about this.

Me either Phil. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 08:59 PM)Trademark Wrote: And do to the Bengals what Eli did to the Chargers, that would really suck

Facepalm

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Joe-Burrow-s-father-if-the-Bengals-do-draft-him-he%E2%80%99s-going-to-be-happy
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 10:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You don't think he is as tough as Dalton or as good at avoiding the rush?

as good as? 2-14 bottom line!

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 12:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree JB is a tough QB..

I also think Dalton is a tough QB.

Why does it become a competition?

Both can be tough and are.

I didn’t even mention Dalton in my post...

It’s just weird people think Dalton is so much tougher than most other QB’s.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 10:41 PM)RASCAL Wrote: as good as? 2-14 bottom line!

You don't understand the point I was making.

WHY WOULD burrow get destroyed behind our line when Dalton didn't?
Reply/Quote

Technically 2-11
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

Bellevue, we have a runner!!! Sad
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 12:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You don't understand the point I was making.

WHY WOULD burrow get destroyed behind our line when Dalton didn't?

Fred, Dalton DID get destroyed and they replaced him with the useless backup. 2-14 is my reasoning even though Dalton tried his best to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 12:21 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Technically 2-11

technically? my records say 2-14

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 12:17 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Oh right sorry, the last time a guy to refuse to play for us after being drafted was 36 years ago. actually about the time we started getting highlights of the games over here and I started following the team.
Then besides Rickey Hunley, I give you Bengals first year 3 part trivia answer.    In 1968 the Fans yelled " Put In The Swamp Rat ".  That was back-up QB Dewey Warren.  The QB they wanted out was John Stoffa.  The QB that stayed on team the most years was Sam Wyche who saw some starting time in 1970.    Rare Bengals Trivia, who was the Swamp Rat that Bengals fans wanted in the game. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Well he did pass on meeting with the coaches and getting a playbook early which has to be disappointing.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/18/joe-burrow-passes-on-senior-bowl/

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 01:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well he did pass on meeting with the coaches and getting a playbook early which has to be disappointing.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/18/joe-burrow-passes-on-senior-bowl/

Can't blame him for wanting a little time off before jumping into combine training.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 12:05 AM)RASCAL Wrote: technically? my records say 2-14

Then your records are wrong. Andy started 13 games.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 09:57 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Then your records are wrong. Andy started 13 games.

How quickly some forget the vaunted Finley era.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 09:57 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Then your records are wrong. Andy started 13 games.

Total record smartass! Andy is part of the team no matter what and the record for the Bungles this year is 2-14. Have a nice day!!

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 10:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How quickly some forget the vaunted Finley era.

has nothing to do with the bengals total record!! You people pick and choose like you have every other tooth!

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 01:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well he did pass on meeting with the coaches and getting a playbook early which has to be disappointing.

I wouldn't say he passed on meeting with the coaches.  I'm sure he has plenty of time for that in the next few months.

He's banged up from the title game.  I don't see the point in him playing either.  I thought I read that he was going to be down at the Senior Bowl for a little while.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 04:33 PM)RASCAL Wrote: Total record smartass! Andy is part of the team no matter what and the record for the Bungles this year is 2-14. Have a nice day!!

But the subject was Andy and his ability to avoid the rush etc.  

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 01:21 PM)Synric Wrote: Can't blame him for wanting a little time off before jumping into combine training.

Joe Burrow is knee deep in sweet, young co-ed snoochie.

If I was him I wouldn't even play in the senior bowl.
Reply/Quote