Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if Scenario...?
(12-21-2020, 05:59 PM)jason Wrote: Oh I know... I'm more invested in the Reds and Bengals than in other sports. If I had to I could become an Indians or whoever they are now fan... Football would be tough. I lost my NBA team when the Sonics moved, so I latched on to LeBron. I can't get behind the Lakers though, and I'm trying to become a Knicks fans since they just took Obie Toppin. It should be comfortable since they suck, but it's hard.

I'd probably just play fantasy football, and be done with the NFL if the Bengals leave.

I've actually dropped my fantasy football participation from 5 leagues to just 1 this year, and it's been nice TBH.
And the only reason I participated in the 1 I'm in is because I found out the league was still happening when I got a notification I had autodrafted for 5 rounds.
At that point, I figured I may as well try vs giving people free wins.
I'm about to make the final  Smirk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 06:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've actually dropped my fantasy football participation from 5 leagues to just 1 this year, and it's been nice TBH.
And the only reason I participated in the 1 I'm in is because I found out the league was still happening when I got a notification I had autodrafted for 5 rounds.
At that point, I figured I may as well try vs giving people free wins.
I'm about to make the final  Smirk

I can only handle one league at a time. My team was just about as bad as the Bengals this year. Zeke was a bust, Kenyan Drake was a dud, the Packers babied Aaron Jones after his injury, and I traded for Burrow... The week before he got hurt.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 06:22 PM)jason Wrote: I can only handle one league at a time. My team was just about as bad as the Bengals this year. Zeke was a bust, Kenyan Drake was a dud, the Packers babied Aaron Jones after his injury, and I traded for Burrow... The week before he got hurt.

i had to stop Fantasy football i just couldnt bring myself to root for some of these players on other teams.   and always picked more bengals than i should have.  So i stopped wasting my money and Football has been more enjoyable.. Till these last 2 years then its been completely unwatchable.

And thanks to not playing fantasy i dont have to.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals moved, I would more or less become a fan of anyone who is playing the Clowns or Pukesburg. I would probably give up following any specific team. My heart is with the Paul Brown Cincinnati Bengals, win or lose
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 05:48 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I HATE Pittsburgh.  And I hate their stupid fans even more.

But nothing in my mind could be worse than if the Browns/Blackburns spurned this city for a bigger payday.  That would be so unfair and such a slap in the face to Cincinnati after everything that has transpired over these last 30 years.

If they were to do that I would definitely root against them in any and every game they ever played again.  

You drive a hard bargain....those are fair points. I can definitely understand where you're coming from. I guess if I lived there, I might be *that* pissed too. 

(12-21-2020, 05:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Hell yes. If there's no team in Cincy, i'm going full on front runner (for anyone other than the Steelers). 

I mean, Mahommes and Reid are likeable fellas, and it's good to see new blood at the top. I think I could handle the switch, and being a Noles fan, I already have their cheer down. LOL

(12-21-2020, 05:59 PM)jason Wrote: Oh I know... I'm more invested in the Reds and Bengals than in other sports. If I had to I could become an Indians or whoever they are now fan... Football would be tough. I lost my NBA team when the Sonics moved, so I latched on to LeBron. I can't get behind the Lakers though, and I'm trying to become a Knicks fans since they just took Obie Toppin. It should be comfortable since they suck, but it's hard.

I'd probably just play fantasy football, and be done with the NFL if the Bengals leave.

When I watched basketball, I was a Lakers fan. I loved Showtime. I loved the Celtics rivalry...and LA sports my high school colors. I haven't watched the NBA in over a decade.

I kinda feel the same about the Bengals leaving, but I think I could pull for ol Pat and the boys. Especially if they're spanking the Stoolers on the way to the Bowl. Cool 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 06:22 PM)jason Wrote: I can only handle one league at a time. My team was just about as bad as the Bengals this year. Zeke was a bust, Kenyan Drake was a dud, the Packers babied Aaron Jones after his injury, and I traded for Burrow... The week before he got hurt.

Ouch.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

I lucked out from the auto-draft and also very active on waiver wire throughout the year.

QB - Josh Allen
RBs - Derrick Henry, Aaron Jones
WRs - Davante Adams, Amari Cooper
TE - Robert Tonyan
W/R - DeAndre Swift
Superflex - Andy Dalton (didn't like Tua this week given Parker, Grant, and Gesicki were out)
K - Justin Tucker
DST - Steelers

Bench:
Brandon Cooks
Noah Fant
Tua Tagovailoa
Zach Ertz
Adrian Peterson (just as backup for when Swift hurt)
DJ Moore
Gus Edwards (just until I reactivate Moore from COVID slot)
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Nah. Probably stop watching the NFL and switch over to college completely.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I've bounced around the country to enough places where I don't really care much about any of the local teams. But the Bengals were my passion in my formative years and since I still have connections to the city, I follow them and root for them. If they left, I'd have zero reason to follow along and would probably just fade out of football altogether, except to appreciate highlight plays when out at a local watering hole.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 06:55 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Nah.  Probably stop watching the NFL and switch over to college completely.

I'd have a hard time doing that, as I dislike college football for the most part.
The reason is because college football is primarily the same set of teams getting into CFP:
Alabama
Clemson
Ohio St
Oklahoma
Notre Dame
Georgia

I get bored seeing basically the same teams every year.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm a fan of the Brown family not the Bengals. I go where they go.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 07:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm a fan of the Brown family not the Bengals. I go where they go.

Wait.....what!?
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 05:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: In additon to my rant about what a POS move it would be for them to pull that, there is one positive...

If the Bengals left I think/hope it would mean more support for UC football and FC Cincinnati.(I don't really care for soccer, but I know a lot of people here in town do)

Those are two teams that are derserving of all of the support they receive.  If the Browns/Blackburns bolted then just means more attention will be paid to teams who actually are doing everything they can to be successful.  More attention means more dollars, and that definitely wouldn't be a bad thing for my UC Bearcats.

Let's make sure we have the facts. The federal government paid a lot more for PBS and Great American Park than residents of Hamilton County.

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2016/09/12/how-much-did-cincinnatis-controversial-stadium-tax.html

How? Read the article. In fact, the stadium is paid by the collection of an additional sales tax in Hamilton County so anyone from any county, any city or any state that buys anything in Hamilton County is paying.

So, I hear arguments all the time about the residents pay so much and they do pay, but so do a lot of others, and once you read the article, it makes it clear PB is a genius financially getting the entire US population to pay for a stadium in Cincinnati and the Reds did the same thing so maybe Beddinhouse was the genius.

As for following them, if no new team I would switch to Indy and hope we get a team here again. No way I would follow them to another city if the ownership is the same.

Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I doubt that I'd go out of my way to root for the Brown family franchise in another city, whatever unfortunate cursed town that may end up being.

I doubt I could root for another team like I currently do the Bengals. It really wouldn't mean much. I mean, if the Bengals actually won a title or went deep into the playoffs, it would almost feel unreal at this point. No other team would be that way for me after all I've seen happen with this one.

I could favor some of the NFC North teams. I guess the Bears are pretty cool. The Vikings would be acceptable if Zimmer was still kicking around. The Lions, sadly are most likely, since my in-laws are Lions fans. I could sort-of see the Ratbirds being an option. I hate them less that than Pittsburgh and Cleveland, and it might be fun to root for a team that has a chance to beat both of their asses twice a year, and maybe even the new Brown family outfit if they remained in-division.

Oh well. Hopefully it doesn't go down like that. The best outcome would be the family leaving and getting another ownership group in Cincy, but that seems unlikely to impossible.
Reply/Quote
Am I a bad person for kind of hoping covid 19 would've killed off the entire Brown family when it had a chance?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 09:10 PM)grampahol Wrote: Am I a bad person for kind of hoping covid 19 would've killed off the entire Brown family when it had a chance?

Probably.  Wouldn't the league then take over the team?  They'd most likely want to move it to a bigger city to drive up revenue.  And then we're almost back to the question that started this thread. 
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 09:10 PM)grampahol Wrote: Am I a bad person for kind of hoping covid 19 would've killed off the entire Brown family when it had a chance?

You're a bad person, but not because of that...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 08:46 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2016/09/12/how-much-did-cincinnatis-controversial-stadium-tax.html

How? Read the article. In fact, the stadium is paid by the collection of an additional sales tax in Hamilton County so anyone from any county, any city or any state that buys anything in Hamilton County is paying.

So, I hear arguments all the time about the residents pay so much and they do pay, but so do a lot of others, and once you read the article, it makes it clear PB is a genius financially getting the entire US population to pay for a stadium in Cincinnati and the Reds did the same thing so maybe Beddinhouse was the genius.

As for following them, if no new team I would switch to Indy and hope we get a team here again. No way I would follow them to another city if the ownership is the same.

Not sure what any of this has to do with my argument.  (That the the city of Cincinnati deserves better from the Brown family than getting spurned for a new city)

Your article states a total cost of 324 million dollars to federal tax payers for both stadiums.  That's a nice chunch of change, but wanna know what's even greater?

The 1.2 BILLION dollars Hamilton County has sunk into those stadiums.

Also, it looks there's 36 different publicly funded stadiums that used bonds to finance their stadiums.  Not sure how this unique to Cincinnati.

Lastly, and this is important, this type of financing was done at the county level.  You know, the people who actually financed the deal (the people paying for it).  So if there's any "genius" there it's by the county.  Mike Brown has absolutely no influence on how the county chooses to finance their projects.  He didn't pay for it.  We did.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 08:46 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The federal government paid a lot more for PBS and Great American Park than residents of Hamilton County.

I missed this in your initial post.  This is 100% wrong.

Hamilton County has sunk 1.2 BILLION dollars into these stadiums.

The article you provided shows a cost of 324 million.  And that's not for construction, that's for financing the bonds the county used to fund it.  Please, tell me where you're getting your numbers from.

Look, I'm going to try to be as nice as I can.  It's going to be hard though. 

You're from Toledo, right?  Unless you have taken the time, and I mean REALLY taken the time to understand this local issue, it seems incredibily unfair for you to get on here and try to educate the tax payers who actually live this, and see the reality of the situation first hand.

We live this everyday.  We get the stories in the Enquirer every few months for the last 25 years.  We listen to 700 in the car where this issue gets discussed ad nauseum.  This entire situation is something we deal with every single day.

I'm not saying this to make me sound smart, or to make me seem any better of a fan.  It's just the reality of the situation.  Do you know how much time I've, and thousands of other residents, personally spent trying to understand all of this, and to weigh everything involved?

Here's something you may not know if you didn't live here:

So part of this entire situation when it was sold to tax payers was that there was going to be a home owners property tax refund to help incentivize this deal.  You can read about it here:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjijZfdq-DtAhXIVc0KHSBqACIQFjAAegQIBBAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cincinnati.com%2Fstory%2Fnews%2F2020%2F12%2F03%2Fpandemic-leads-smallest-stadium-sales-tax-rebate-hamilton-county-ohio-property-owners%2F3811717001%2F&usg=AOvVaw1LFysvaA7gdKo8CGio9OAI

I just found out about a month ago I'll get 170 bucks less than what was promised this year. The same thing happened back during 2011, where I only got like 25% of what I was owed.  I've NEVER gotten the full amount since buying my home in 2005.  All told, I'm probably down somewhere in the neighborhood of 500-750 dollars just in property tax refunds because the county isn't taking in as much as needed to cover this.

This is before you even get to any of the sales tax stuff.  I'm not sure I need to bore with the fact the 6 cars I've purchased in the last twenty some odd years each came built in with a $100 donation to the stadium fund.  Nor do I need to tell you that every time I buy a new TV I throw in 5 bucks to the tray.  Nor do I need to guesstimate that at average of $500 dollars I spend a year on new clothes has produced another couple hundred bucks for the pile.  Or the nickels I get charged every 12 pack or buy. Or so on and so on.

Do I need to tell you that we just passed a huge transportation levy and that are taxes are now the 3rd highest in the state. What about jails? Want to talk about how are jails are overcrowded or how the county is broke, and how we can't afford to raise funds for all sorts of things?

Look, if you want to have discussion about this that's fine.  But please remember that some of us are, with good reason, pretty sensitive about this issue.  So the very least you could do is to put in the time to properly understand it if you'd like to jump in with those that actually pay for it. 

Otherwise, it comes across as incredibly rude.
Reply/Quote

Yes
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote