Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if any are the positives this season
Wink 
Are there any positives from this season to date?
I actually think there are a few positives and will be more going forward.

Special Teams has looked pretty good so far.
Wilson is an athlete and is one of the few Bengals that look quick on the field.
Erickson is starting to prove that he is simply put a football player.
The Center position has looked okay for the first time in a while.
Tate has looked okay and will probably only improve with more time and added confidence.
John Ross showed signs of life before injury.

positives for next season (I know already saying wait until next year)
We have many players getting snaps that would not have played as much with health.
A few guys may carve out roles allowing team to get younger
This season may just push FO over the edge to finally being more aggressive? (wait and see)
Andy Dalton's performance has to have them considering what is next. (He is not the total problem, but is not good enough to elevate players)

What do see as positives?
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 01:18 PM)hotweales Wrote: Are there any positives from this season to date?

Wilson is an athlete and is one of the few Bengals that look quick on the field.
Tate has looked okay and will probably only improve with more time and added confidence.

We have many players getting snaps that would not have played as much with health.
This season may just push FO over the edge to finally being more aggressive? (wait and see)
Andy Dalton's performance has to have them considering what is next. (He is not the total problem, but is not good enough to elevate players)

Hopefully with more time the coaches can fine tune the roster and bring in players that fit the offensive and defensive schemes they are building. Right now they lack schemes to match the talent on the roster. 
Reply/Quote
I really like Auden Tate, and Trey Hopkins has been a pleasant surprise at center.

The end.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Wilson, Hopkins, and Billings are free agents. So yes - 3 of our rare positives...are in contract years. Funny how that works.

Ross flashed for what 1-2 games? He also showed that he drops A LOT of passes and can't be really relied upon as a #1 or #2 atleast at this point.

Tate and Erickson both had 1 good game. It's something.

I think a WR grouping of Green, Boyd, Ross, Tate, and Erickson would be pretty formidable with a QB who could spread the ball around.
Reply/Quote
Kevin Huber is punting well

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
We may have the best holder in the league on FG's. I don't know who it is...but man...they always put their finder on the point of the ball. Very special!
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 01:39 PM)pally Wrote: Kevin Huber is punting well
Elite... Right now he's my favorite Bengal.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Hopkins definitely a positive. Hubbard playing well , Tate looks solid , hmm. That’s about it. Burn this thing down and start over from scratch Another positive we will have a new quarterback next year.
Reply/Quote

As much as he is punting, his left leg will be doubled the size of his right leg by seasons end.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Seriously...Huber should be voted Team MVP.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 01:54 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Hopkins definitely a positive. Hubbard playing well , Tate looks solid , hmm. That’s about it. Burn this thing down and start over from scratch Another positive we will have a new quarterback next year.
Hope of a new qb.... I'm still not convinced they will break ties with Andy. Keep those 4th quarter pick 6's coming.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
The hope beyond all hope that MB will finally see the light ?

I know how this movie ends though.
Reply/Quote

Sadly this isn't even true. He's currently 23rd in Net Yards Average.

As to the OP:

Fat Randy has been pretty good

Wilson has been stellar as a KR

Hopkins has been serviceable at C

Sam Hubbard is making progress

Auden Tate is making the hard catches
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
No Marvin Lewis is the biggest positive to me.
Reply/Quote
I’ve gotten about 2 hours and 55 minutes of my life back on Sundays. About the only time I see the bengals play these days are on the red zone channel. That 5 minutes may be generous.

Winning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
To paraphrase Bob Knight: We only have to watch this team 9 more times.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 01:56 PM)Millhouse Wrote: As much as he is punting, his right leg will be doubled the size of his left leg by seasons end.

I believe he is a lefty kicker.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 02:17 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The hope beyond all hope that MB will finally see the light ?

I know how this movie ends though.

The one at the end of the tunnel? 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 01:18 PM)hotweales Wrote: Are there any positives from this season to date?

Positives? Special teams, which has the same coordinator as as before.

Positives for next season? Ah, we get to draft high, but gotta take that with a grain of salt.

Reply/Quote

OK...might be scraping the barrel on some of these.

- Trey Hopkins has confirmed the progress he made last year and is an upgrade at OC
- Wilson is looking a threat to break one on every kick he gets to return
- Hubbard never stops and seems to be emerging as a leader
- We have Eifert and Glasgow on the field...after their bad injuries good to see they got back (still can't believe how little Eifert is being used)
- ZT looks like he still has the locker room for now...no mean feat the way the season has started
- Special teams coverage is holding up OK which considering the overall lack of roster depth, lack of LB's is good

That's about all i got
Reply/Quote