Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What, if anything, would it take ...
What, if anything, would it take for Brown to fire Merv before the end of the season? And I mean ANYthing? We know that embarrassing losses aren't going to do it (especially with so few games left). So, it's most likely going to take some egregious thing, but where do you think that line is for Mikey?

I would assume murder - Merv literally kills a guy at midfield - would definitely be a fireable offense. But, what would be the floor? What's the line Mike would draw - between embarrassing loss and murder - that would cause him to fire Merv if he crossed it mere weeks before his contract is up?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Marvin would have to have a complete psychotic breakdown at a presser and start cussing the Brown family out.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 02:48 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Marvin would have to have a complete psychotic breakdown at a presser and start cussing the Brown family out.
Yep.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
I don’t know when we started calling him Merv but I like it.

Murder wouldn’t be egregious enough.
Reply/Quote
*Marvin murders someone in cold blood*

Mike: "I believe in second chances. Marvin will coach the team from his prison cell."
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 02:48 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Marvin would have to have a complete psychotic breakdown at a presser and start cussing the Brown family out.

Would it, though? I don't know. I think Brown would make some excuse and force Merv to continue coaching 'til his contract was up.

(12-14-2017, 02:57 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I don’t know when we started calling him Merv but I like it.

Murder wouldn’t be egregious enough.

I want to give credit where it's due, but I don't remember who it was that started it. They called him Merv (maybe unintentionally) and I thought it was perfect so I've been calling him that ever since. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Yeah basically if Marvin blasted the organization to the media.

Honestly...with 3 games to go why fire him? It's not like we'll make the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 03:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah basically if Marvin blasted the organization to the media.

Honestly...with 3 games to go why fire him? It's not like we'll make the playoffs.

That's what I'm saying! That's why it's gotta be something egregious. EGREGIOUS, MAN! And I'm not sure badmouthing Brown or the Bengals would be egregious enough.

I know Merv ain't going to do anything bad enough to get fired with only 3 games left and I know Brown ain't going to fire him with only 3 games left, but "what if..."? WHAT IF, MAN?! WHAT. IF
Reply/Quote
Sexual misconduct? I mean that's all coming out of the woodwork now in almost every field.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Stealing money from Mike's wallet.
Reply/Quote
Caught shaking the vending machine
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 02:48 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Marvin would have to have a complete psychotic breakdown at a presser and start cussing the Brown family out.

Yeah something like that then he could go to work barking for the yak woman.
Reply/Quote
Sneaking out Gatorade, deodorant, socks and a jockstrap. And 1 for the mrs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There is nothing he can do. Better question might be, what would it take for him not to get an extension. I joke you not!

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 03:04 PM)PhilHos Wrote: That's what I'm saying! That's why it's gotta be something egregious. EGREGIOUS, MAN! And I'm not sure badmouthing Brown or the Bengals would be egregious enough.

I know Merv ain't going to do anything bad enough to get fired with only 3 games left and I know Brown ain't going to fire him with only 3 games left, but "what if..."? WHAT IF, MAN?! WHAT. IF

The Brown family tolerates a lot...arrests, poor play, etc. But, if you speak out about the organization...that seems to be the one thing they care about.

Thus, the Pickens loyalty clause.
Reply/Quote
Taking 2 sticks of deodorant vs the allotted 1.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
For me, history tells me for ANYTHING to change, he (MB) would have to start doing many things differently than the way he's been doing them for 26 years.

My gut says, if it hasn't happened after 26 years, why should I think it will change now.

My belief is that if Marvin doesn't retire, he will be the HC of the Bengals in 2018.
Reply/Quote
Would Brown fire him if he just didn't show up to coach the game?

Wait...nevermind, clearly he wouldn't because he hasn't fired him yet for failing to show up to coach.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I bet Merv could quit and Brown STILL would have him coach the last few games. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Agree with others speaking out against the Browns decisions......maybe ? not even sure about that ?
Reply/Quote