Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if at the riot?
You can carry firearms in Virginia. Some of those Nazi's were carry rifles and ak47's. Virginia is not a stand your ground state correct? What if one of those alt left protestors came at a Nazi threatening to hit him with stick and the Nazi shot and killed him. Would he be able to claim self defense?
(08-15-2017, 05:44 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: You can carry firearms in Virginia. Some of those Nazi's were carry rifles and ak47's. Virginia is not a stand your ground state correct? What if one of those alt left protestors came at a Nazi threatening to hit him with stick and the Nazi shot and killed him. Would he be able to claim self defense?

Most likely, yes. Fear of life or limb is the standard, here, and you could likely argue that one in court.
Good luck finding a jury of 12 people who can all agree that it is wrong to shoot a person who disagrees with your political opinion.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-15-2017, 05:44 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: You can carry firearms in Virginia. Some of those Nazi's were carry rifles and ak47's. Virginia is not a stand your ground state correct? What if one of those alt left protestors came at a Nazi threatening to hit him with stick and the Nazi shot and killed him. Would he be able to claim self defense?

As Matt already said, yes.  You don't get to attack someone with a lethal object and then claim they used unreasonable means to defend themselves.  
Depends on if they're wearing a hoodie or not.
I want to clarify something, My understanding of stand your ground laws is only that it codifies the person on the defensive does not have the duty to retreat. Really, the law doesn't see a duty to retreat unless there is one specifically stated. If you fear for your life, and that threat is seen as legitimate, stand your ground laws don't typically matter.
(08-15-2017, 05:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Good luck finding a jury of 12 people who can all agree that it is wrong to shoot a person who disagrees with your political opinion.

Disagreeing, and menacing with a stick are two entirely different things.  Doesn't matter why someone chose to menace with the stick, it would be the fact that they did. (in this hypothetical scenario)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-15-2017, 05:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Good luck finding a jury of 12 people who can all agree that it is wrong to shoot a person who disagrees with your political opinion.

[Image: worf.gif]
(08-15-2017, 06:23 PM)treee Wrote: Depends on if they're wearing a hoodie or not.

[Image: 34937BB000000578-3607507-image-a-59_1464122617061.jpg]

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-15-2017, 08:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 34937BB000000578-3607507-image-a-59_1464122617061.jpg]

Ninja

He's a christian, jew, hispanic, nazi so it's ok to use violence against him.
Just curious, but can someone openly carry an ak-47 in public in Virginia? Or a rifle even in a public area with people around? Concealed handguns I can see.

ANother nitpicking question, when groups get a permit for a public protest or whatever, are there regulations involved in not allowing firearms during it?

just curious is all
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(08-15-2017, 10:21 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: He's a christian, jew, hispanic, nazi so it's ok to use violence against him.

[Image: bs011_l_5.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-15-2017, 10:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: bs011_l_5.jpg]

Jewish ancestory, raised catholic.  The more you know.  It's still ok to use violence against him either way though right?

Another question that arises is that if they had them why didn't they use them?

Is that a fair question to ask?
(08-16-2017, 10:08 AM)Vlad Wrote: Another question that arises is that if they had them why didn't they use them?

Well, they did threaten people with them, and shot at the ground near at least one person.
(08-16-2017, 10:08 AM)Vladnd bada Wrote: Another question that arises is that if they had them why didn't they use them?

Hello. Yeah sure that is a fair question.
Firstly, there is no "if" they had them, they did.

Why they didn't use them? I don't know. Maybe to look intimidating and like badasses?
(08-15-2017, 10:21 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: He's a christian, jew, hispanic, nazi so it's ok to use violence against him.

excuse me, he was labeled a white-hispanic Ninja
People suck