Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if scenario
Gio ran for 3.7 yards a carry so I don't get where people think the guy "lit it up" from.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 02:38 AM)Jpoore Wrote: https://www.google.com/amp/s/cin.247sports.com/Bolt/Bengals-believe-they-can-fix-Jeremy-Hill-51374869/Amp

If he ends up with another 1000 yard season like how rookie year what do we do? I personally am.hoping for a stud rb in the draft ala cook or mixon but that's neither here nor there. The Bengals would be in a tough spot. 2 horrible seasons 2 great seasons.I personally would let him walk. What would you do?

I'm a Fournette guy, but I'd be ok with Cook in the first. He's a very different back compared with Fournette. Fournette is far more physical, but you can't take that as meaning slower. I'd also be fine with Mixon in the 2nd or Marlon Mack in the 3rd. Check Mack's stiff arms at about the 3:10 mark in this video
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 02:30 AM)J24 Wrote: Gio ran for 3.7 yards a carry so I don't get where people think the guy "lit it up" from.

Shhh...people like Gio.

Seriously, I'm off the Hill bandwagon. I want Fournette or Cook at 9, although I doubt they even draft a RB to actually compete with our current duo. It's puzzling why no one ever calls out Gio though. Here's his stats from his last 18 games:

Rushing: 152-548-2 (3.6 yards per carry)
Receiving: 64-612-1 (128 yards came in one game)

He's been terrible running the ball, and often provided a lot less as a receiver than you'd think, given his reputation. Hardly any big plays over the last couple years, and only 3 total TDs....with 2 coming in one game. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Gio has been weak as hell for a while now. People talk about the guy like he's Marshall Faulk. I've seen people on here actually claim he's better than Jamaal Charles. I must have missed when he was playing that well.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
A total Bengals move through and through. Meanwhile Rex walks.

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 07:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I was on Hill's bandwagon for quite awhile, I'm not anymore. I fully understand the O-line sucks ! But Hill's problems are more than just bad blocking IMHO. And I hope we draft a RB in the upper rounds.

This. I've seen enough to know the problem is greater than the O-Line.. Sad because his rookie year was great.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 02:30 AM)J24 Wrote: Gio ran for 3.7 yards a carry so I don't get where people think the guy "lit it up" from.

(02-21-2017, 03:08 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Shhh...people like Gio.

Seriously, I'm off the Hill bandwagon. I want Fournette or Cook at 9, although I doubt they even draft a RB to actually compete with our current duo. It's puzzling why no one ever calls out Gio though. Here's his stats from his last 18 games:

Speaking for at least just me for my post where I said the other running backs did better behind the same line, I am referring to Gio's 2015 season vs Hill's 2015 season and Rex's 2016 season vs Hill's 2016 season.

Gio was indeed pretty darn weak in 2016, so I wasn't praising him for that. Just pointing out that while Hill has sucked, there have been other RBs who have succeeded behind the same lines he did poorly behind.

Gio needs to get back into his big play form from earlier in his career, though. Because another 2016 from him would mean he also needs to go.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 11:20 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Hey Bengal fans do you guys think you can beat us in Lambeau next season? It will be a great game and look forward to it. I hope you win the Superbowl if we don't win it all.
Bengals-Packers games are a recipe for insanity so it'll be funsies

Because Gio made more with his opportunity running the ball. When he was faced with poor OL play he made the most out of the yardage that he could get. Hill did not. Gio isn't perfect but he was better running the ball still, and his receiving ability is not only fantastic but key. The offense doesn't put him in enough positive situations in receiving though
Reply/Quote
You guys have beaten us 3 straight times I think in Cincy. Watch us lose in Lambeau too. Hopefully it is early in the season.
Reply/Quote