Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if they went WR in the first and QB in the second?
(12-01-2019, 06:28 PM)Joelist Wrote: Just thinking out loud.

What if, say, they decided that with the constant AJ injury issues they need to make sure they have a legit #1 WR and take someone like Jeudy or trade back a few spots and take Riggs? And then in Round 2 they go for their QB with, say, Jordan Love?

I'm not necessarily advocating for this but it is a possible approach.

Worked last time, didn't it?  

I think there is so much talent at WR, I would rather stick to my original hope of trading the first overall pick for a bounty of picks, which I would probably spend two on WRs in the middle rounds.  

The most likely scenario is they draft Burrow and get a WR in Rd 3-4 and probably a later pick as well.  I hope they will trade away some players for draft picks as well.  This draft will be incredibly important (I know they all are, especially with their recent history in FA).  

Speaking of FA, I would love to see them invest in a couple really good LBs, and a Guard if available.  Then, they could draft a RT and your aforementioned WRs. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
With such a stacked WR class in 2020, getting the best WR in that class could be great.
I have hesitations with going after Jordan Love specifically. He's not been a great QB. He's actually regressed this year. I think he'd need (at least) a full year to develop before becoming a quality starter.

With that said, I'd have much more confidence in Burrow (or a healthy Tua) in Rd 1 and a WR in Rd 2. Maybe Justin Jefferson due to his familiarity with Burrow. Although I'd be very tempted to go OL in Rd 2 if I invested in a QB in Rd 1. Gotta protect the franchise.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote