Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if we win the Super Bowl next year?
Pretty sure Lewis said if he ever won a super bowl he would just retire. But if he wanted to come back, you kind of HAVE to keep him. It's like Flacco's SB run. Sure you know he isn't the greatest, but with what he did you have to sign him to that big contract
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals win the Super Bowl next year then I say to bring Marvin Lewis back on a three year deal to win another. If he at least makes AFC Championship games, he can get another extension but the team has to at least win in the playoffs.

I'm tired of just good enough, I want dynasties, I want respectability, I want a winner in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 01:09 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Before I begin, let me state, for the record, that I officially want a new Head Coach. I'm grateful to Marvin for somehow working with Mike Brown and building a team worth following. Lewis took us from a laughingstock to regular playoff contender. However, it seems we've gone as far as we can with the man and it looks as though we might be seeing a return to losing ways.

In any event, I was wondering, how would I feel if we won the Super Bowl next season? I know it's highly unlikely to win with a coach that continually uses players that are literally costing us games (*cough*Og*cough*Nuge*cough). But, let's say it happens. They address the offensive line in such a way this offseason that it becomes even better than it was pre-206 AND the new kicker that we get is the best kicker Cincy has ever had, Zampese coaches far better than any OC in the league and Guenther does better than Zimmer ever did and so on and so on and we WIN the Super Bowl.Does it matter? Do we THEN want Lewis to be back YET AGAIN? Or do we at least accept it with minimal complaints?

I'll be honest, I'd consider it if we just make the Super Bowl. And we all know that all Lewis needs to do is either get a first round bye or a single playoff win or probably even just make the playoffs, and Brown will bring him back. BUT, the question is is there anything that can happen that will allow you to accept Lewis returning for at least 1 more year as head coach of the Bengals?

If we win the super bowl next year then we will receive a Lombardi trophy and the 32nd pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.

[Image: dwight1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Would you stay married to a woman who continually lets you down in a 13 year marriage if magically she suddenly,  just once and for only 5 months, transforms into some impossibly awesome combination of June Cleaver, Kate Upton and a nymphomaniac?

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
If we have learned anything in the Marvin era it is he cant win a playoff game. So winning the SB aint going to happen. The window on this team has shut.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 01:18 PM)J24 Wrote: I think we could win a super bowl with additions to the Dline, WR core,  a new center, and a coverage LB. The problem is I have no confidence that we will improve those positions.

I think we have three out of those four for certain....heck, Billings and Hardison, Cody Core, and Nick Vigil are already going to be solid additions to next year's starting corps.  The biggest issue will remain Bodine.  My only hope is they get Elflein in the 2nd round to compete his Bodine's free agency up in 2018.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 01:09 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Before I begin, let me state, for the record, that I officially want a new Head Coach. I'm grateful to Marvin for somehow working with Mike Brown and building a team worth following. Lewis took us from a laughingstock to regular playoff contender. However, it seems we've gone as far as we can with the man and it looks as though we might be seeing a return to losing ways.

In any event, I was wondering, how would I feel if we won the Super Bowl next season? I know it's highly unlikely to win with a coach that continually uses players that are literally costing us games (*cough*Og*cough*Nuge*cough). But, let's say it happens. They address the offensive line in such a way this offseason that it becomes even better than it was pre-206 AND the new kicker that we get is the best kicker Cincy has ever had, Zampese coaches far better than any OC in the league and Guenther does better than Zimmer ever did and so on and so on and we WIN the Super Bowl.Does it matter? Do we THEN want Lewis to be back YET AGAIN? Or do we at least accept it with minimal complaints?

I'll be honest, I'd consider it if we just make the Super Bowl. And we all know that all Lewis needs to do is either get a first round bye or a single playoff win or probably even just make the playoffs, and Brown will bring him back. BUT, the question is is there anything that can happen that will allow you to accept Lewis returning for at least 1 more year as head coach of the Bengals?

Many will disagree with me, but, if the Bengals win the Super Bowl I will be ok with Lewis sticking around for 5 more seasons.
Reply/Quote
I'd pitch in a few bucks to errect that 70 foot golden statue of both Mikey and Marvin on the 50 yardline. Luckily I'll be able to keep those few bucks because it ain't happening.   
I usually love what if scenarios.. 
What if every Bengals player and coach decided to give me 100% of their salaries for the rest of their lives? I'd buy the team and fire them all for being so stupid. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote