Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if ...
(12-14-2015, 03:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: What if the Bengals win the Super Bowl THIS year with AJ McCarron as the starting QB?

Obviously, this is predicated on the assumption that Dalton is out for the rest of the season. But, let's also assume that McCarron plays okay, but doesn't light up the scoreboard (like a slightly better 2000 Trent Dilfer, for example).

What happens? Do we look to trade Dalton in the offseason and go with McCarron? Do we go BACK to Dalton and try to trade McCarron? Or do we keep him?

What do you think the Bengals would do? And what would YOU do?

I know it's not likely, but still, What if?

I will predict that McCarron gets this team's first playoff win in 25 years, while Dalton is on the bench. Broken bones don't heal in 4 weeks in adults [at least not that I've heard of] and it's in his throwing hand, so a healthy McCarron is probably better than a gimpy handed Dalton for our first playoff game.

The real question is going to be what to do in AFC Championship game if McCarron takes us there. I truly hope the coaches take the hot hand.

This injury could be a blessing in disguise for the team as a whole.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Andy starts, AJ remains the backup unless someone decides to trade some nice picks for him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
If McC won the Super Bowl fans would want to trade him to keep Andy? The same 0-4 playoff Andy? Did I read some comments right..lol wow
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 03:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: What if the Bengals win the Super Bowl THIS year with AJ McCarron as the starting QB?

Obviously, this is predicated on the assumption that Dalton is out for the rest of the season. But, let's also assume that McCarron plays okay, but doesn't light up the scoreboard (like a slightly better 2000 Trent Dilfer, for example).

What happens? Do we look to trade Dalton in the offseason and go with McCarron? Do we go BACK to Dalton and try to trade McCarron? Or do we keep him?

What do you think the Bengals would do? And what would YOU do?

I know it's not likely, but still, What if?

If he plays like Dilfer, and the Bengals win a Super Bowl... I would trade McCarron for as many picks as possible. His value would be it's highest at that point, and I think it would be a solid "thank you" to him for bringing the trophy home.

I just don't think it's wise to get rid of Dalton for a guy with a small sample size. I also don't think it's a good idea keep him as a backup, and have the fans yelling for McCarron every time there's a three and out.
Reply/Quote