Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What interstates
(09-30-2015, 03:56 PM)Benton Wrote: The road was six lanes going 80-90 mph and bumper to bumper. Every once in a while you would pass a car with someone doing 60-70 and a terrified expression on their face.

I don't know how bad the traffic backs up on the loop around Atlanta (275? 475?) but it is like a NASCAR race.  I haven't been down there in a while, but I went to college in Chattanooga and used to go down there on a regular basis.  Back then if you drove 75 on that loop you got ran over.
Reply/Quote
It seems like everyone thinks their traffic is the worst.

i am guessing that any huge city is going to have massive traffic problems. I remember one time I went up to Minneapolis to visit a friend of mine and timed my trip so that I would go through Chicago in the middle of the night. It seemed like the interstate was 10 lanes wide going into town, and I bet all of them were packed to a crawl during rush hour.
Reply/Quote
I'm going with what I know, and I know I-80 sucks.  Doesn't matter what part of the country you are from, if you hop on 80, you'll breathe a sigh of relief when you finally hop off.  If it isn't semi's cutting you off to attempt a pass of another 3 semi's, going up hill, facing a 40 mph head wind, its all the other drivers out there who seem to lose common sense.  Don't remember what the minimum speed is, don't remember what that left lane is for, or my favorite......talking to their sons (who should be in juvie court) or their daughters (about what boy they brought home last night) on their cell phones.  I've gotten to the point now where I would just rather take two lane roads or gravel roads even and put up with all the farmers out, especially now that harvest is going on.  At least I don't have to deal with all the other morons out on the interstates.   
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 10:19 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I-95 coming into or going out of NYC is one that always comes to mind for me. 

That's only during the rush hours. Cool
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote