Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is Up With Erickson Returning Kicks?
Has anyone else been wondering why Erickson has been back returning kicks the last couple of weeks?

To be clear, we don't have two return men in the endzone, and him Wilson are standing on each side. He's the lone man back.

I first noticed this, surprisingly enough, right after Brandon Wilson's 101 yard return. The very next return Erickson was the lone kick returner. I had no asbolute no explanation for this other than that Wilson must have been hurt. But he wasn't.

For some strange reason, we decided to replace a guy who just had 101 yard return on the very next return with Alex Erickson. (WTF?????)

Saw Erickson back to return yesterday to in the 1st half too (did not watch 2nd half). So what gives?

This makes zero sense to me.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 02:33 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Has anyone else been wondering why Erickson has been back returning kicks the last couple of weeks?  

To be clear, we don't have two return men in the endzone, and him Wilson are standing on each side.  He's the lone man back.

I first noticed this, surprisingly enough, right after Brandon Wilson's 101 yard return.  The very next return Erickson was the lone kick returner.  I had no asbolute no explanation for this other than that Wilson must have been hurt.  But he wasn't.

For some strange reason, we decided to replace a guy who just had 101 yard return on the very next return with Alex Erickson.  (WTF?????)

Saw Erickson back to return yesterday to in the 1st half too (did not watch 2nd half).  So what gives?

He's your Head Coach

Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 02:33 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Has anyone else been wondering why Erickson has been back returning kicks the last couple of weeks?  

To be clear, we don't have two return men in the endzone, and him Wilson are standing on each side.  He's the lone man back.

I first noticed this, surprisingly enough, right after Brandon Wilson's 101 yard return.  The very next return Erickson was the lone kick returner.  I had no asbolute no explanation for this other than that Wilson must have been hurt.  But he wasn't.

For some strange reason, we decided to replace a guy who just had 101 yard return on the very next return with Alex Erickson.  (WTF?????)

Saw Erickson back to return yesterday to in the 1st half too (did not watch 2nd half).  So what gives?

I think Wilson has been playing more defensive snaps and after long drives they don't want him to have to do KR. Also, they mentioned he was battling a hamstring injury yesterday. Think we could have someone better than Erickson though. 
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 02:37 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I think Wilson has been playing more defensive snaps and after long drives they don't want him to have to do KR. Also, they mentioned he was battling a hamstring injury yesterday. Think we could have someone better than Erickson though. 

This.... I'd have put someone else back there though, as you mentioned. I hear John Ross isn't doing much these days. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I thought they said Wilson tweaked a hammy yesterday
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Zac probably decided Wilson was too fast, and shit.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, Wilson was limited all week in practice with an injury. He played 1 snap yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 03:47 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Yeah, Wilson was limited all week in practice with an injury. He played 1 snap yesterday.

Did he get hurt on the 103 yard return last week? Erickson was out for the very next kickoff.
Reply/Quote
Oh that's just spiffy. Who's next?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 02:43 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I thought they said Wilson tweaked a hammy yesterday

They also said Erickson was ranked 5th in the league, but we don't want that to get into the whole "Erickson sucks" narrative....
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 04:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They also said Erickson was ranked 5th in the league, but we don't want that to get into the whole "Erickson sucks" narrative....

Where's he ranked in fumbles?

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 04:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They also said Erickson was ranked 5th in the league, but we don't want that to get into the whole "Erickson sucks" narrative....

5th in the league? Man, I was blindsided by that one. All I remember him doing is fumbling and fair catches.

Reply/Quote
Fwiw, Erickson currently ranks 6th out 15 in Punt Return Average among qualifying players (minumum of 1.25 punts per game)

He ranks 18th out of 40 if you allow anyone with a minumum of 5 returns total.

He has a slightly above average YPR, where players get jubbled up by a difference of only 10 total yards over the course of the season. He's at or near the top in fumbles and muffed punts.

Throw in his fumbles, and yeah, he pretty much stinks. Especially since he offers nothing else, and some of these returners acually contribute outside of return duties.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 04:35 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Did he get hurt on the 103 yard return last week?  Erickson was out for the very next kickoff.

He got hurt, so Erickson took over makes sense 
Reply/Quote