Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is a pass anymore?
I watched the Chiefs-Broncos game today and Russell Wilson had a pass that was ruled a fumble near the end of the first half and his arm had just started moving forward. They brought in Gene Steratore who says it was a forward pass, but the on field referee called it a fumble.

Watching the Rams-Chargers game this afternoon and Justin Herbert gets hit and the ball is not moving forward at any point and it is ruled an incomplete pass, which this time Gene Steratore agrees with the call.

After we get screwed out of a touchdown last week against Mac Jones, I have no idea what a forward pass/fumble is anymore. If New York is calling it they are wildly inconsistent. If they are leaving it up to each referee, I wonder if it is because if it is a KC game, a New England game or one of the league favorites they seem to get the calls their way. I figured if the arm is moving forward with the ball still in the hand it is an incomplete pass, am I correct?
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 07:53 PM)FastEddie Wrote: I watched the Chiefs-Broncos game today and Russell Wilson had a pass that was ruled a fumble near the end of the first half and his arm had just started moving forward. They brought in Gene Steratore who says it was a forward pass, but the on field referee called it a fumble.

Watching the Rams-Chargers game this afternoon and Justin Herbert gets hit and the ball is not moving forward at any point and it is ruled an incomplete pass, which this time Gene Steratore agrees with the call.

After we get screwed out of a touchdown last week against Mac Jones, I have no idea what a forward pass/fumble is anymore. If New York is calling it they are wildly inconsistent. If they are leaving it up to each referee, I wonder if it is because if it is a KC game, a New England game or one of the league favorites they seem to get the calls their way. I figured if the arm is moving forward with the ball still in the hand it is an incomplete pass, am I correct?

It's hard not to be a conspiracy theorist when so many of these plays go to NY yet come back with completely varied decisions based on the game. 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 07:53 PM)FastEddie Wrote: I watched the Chiefs-Broncos game today and Russell Wilson had a pass that was ruled a fumble near the end of the first half and his arm had just started moving forward. They brought in Gene Steratore who says it was a forward pass, but the on field referee called it a fumble.

If it's as close as these calls have been, whatever is called on the field usually stands. It's amazing, the amount of times a replay is needed and it's so close that it's almost impossible to know for sure what it was, whether it is a forward pass/fumble or a fumble/down by contact or a catch/ball hits the ground.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Let’s be real

We all know what i forward pass it.

The refs just are bad. Why do you think you can’t publicly criticize the refs’ performance without fine. But they can criticize every bit of your game as a player and it’s normal.

The refs make bad calls and they use these calls to change outcomes of games. This is all proven
-Housh
Reply/Quote